Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

would you guys be mad if

Stephen

To me, being a fan of and offended by a Colt player wearing another teams logo or gear.....would exist in the same place in the brain that feels any guy talking to your girl is hitting on her...or any girl talking to your man is hitting on him. Its kind of like overboard possessiveness/insecurity. But that is in my universe. Many see it differently.

But in the same breath, I also wouldn't be offended if someone felt strong enough to stop following a team because of this. If it would bother someone that much, make a statement.

Wait, so you was talking to my girl? ;) I could care less about the hat. Just think its kind of weird though.

I am not going to be outraged over what another guy wants to wear out and about.  What they wear off the field has no bearing on their leadership skills on the field or their ability to play the game. I would not care if Luck rocked a powder blue Chargers shirt at all.  The powder blue looks nice and if he likes it then more power to him.

Being mad at a player because of what they wear off the field seems to be a little to obsessive about a sport/team and you should probably take a step back and not take the sport that seriously.

Leaving the price tag on was the dumbest trend ever imo. 

The flat bill thing is pretty silly as well.

I'm thinking some people want to try to keep the hats at mint condition as if they're still a collectors item after its been on their sweaty heads all day.

Agreed, I can't stand seeing the stickers on the hat once its purchased.  Really what in the world is the point of it?

It's a long lost fashion statement started by Minnie Pearl many, many years ago.

He's trying to revive it.

Sorry BrentMc11. Just saw you made the same association.

Edited by buccolts

It. Is. Just. A. Hat!

A 49ers hat does not go with everything he wears i am sure and... at least he is still representing his sport.

The league does not prohibit wearing other teams apparel so I say he is good.

Like I said in the in CK hat thread, it's only just a hat provided that an owner is not paying you millions to represent a specific NFL franchise & you blow him off or shine him on. If I was a teammate of his, I'd tell Luck to remember whose paying his salary & I never wanna see that darn thing on his head inside LOS again. This isn't about freedom of choice; it's about the boss who helps you pay for your mortgage & puts fuel in the gas tank.  Loyalty to your owner not individual self expression. 

I'm thinking some people want to try to keep the hats at mint condition as if they're still a collectors item after its been on their sweaty heads all day.

I blame the rap culture. Dressing like you're supporting 6 different sports teams simultaneously is a bit ....off-putting. 

Wait, so you was talking to my girl? ;) I could care less about the hat. Just think its kind of weird though.

It's not about who talks to your woman NewEra just as long as you have the confidence to realize that she's coming home with you & nobody else.  ;)  :thmup:

I could care less what he wears. For comparison sakes, that's like me working for HP, but using Dell components. Irrelevant to say the least.

That could also be considered biting the hand that feeds you so to speak. :woah: So I wouldn't call it irrelevant. :) JMO

Remember when Fisher flashed the Peyton Manning shirt?

Yes, I do remember that Shepman, but NFL QBs are held to a higher standard & spotlight of scrutiny than every other position of a league roster too including HCs. I see no parallel in your example personally. JMO.

HC Jeff Fisher was raising money for charity. Admittedly Jeff knew some backlash was expected, but the event Fisher attended was not Titans football related in his role as HC. I guess you could say the same thing about QBs Luck or CK too, not being at their team facility in an official team function at the time, but the point is neither franchise general has accomplished enough winning or hardware to pull a move like that & get away with it media wise & fanbase wise IMO. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4581777

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tennessee-titans-coach-jeff-fisher-wears-18-peyton-manning-colts-jersey-local-fundraiser-article-1.385603

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/10/20/1093486/jeff-fisher-wears-peyton-manning

Plus, Tony Dungy was there & INDY is the team he won a SB ring with. 

I  guess I'm a part of the "rap culture" wearing different apparel because it matches isn't that big a deal...

This is purely opinion and, well I'm a 41 year old curmudgeon so....take it for what you will. 

I think it looks silly when someone looks like they're about to start in a sporting contest when they're standing in line at the grocery. Soon I expect people to carry an actual ball around with them to complete the look.