Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Is Riding The Roster Bubble?

Dtman513

Regarding the off season additions and situations that have occurred, which players find themselves on the roster bubble heading into camp?

A couple that come to mind in my opinion are:

- Donald Brown or Delone Carter..I know it's two RB's but, I feel they both are in jeopardy. Durability issues as well as the addition of Bradshaw and Kerwynn Williams. Plus, the rise of Ballard.

- Lavon Brazill...4 game suspension plus the possibly return of Griff Whalen

-Ben Iljana...Injury prone

- Ricardo Mathews...Addition of Ricky Jean Francois, and the possible return of Josh Chapman

-Brandon McKinney- ACL tear last season and additions to DL

Donald Brown is NOT on the bubble. We're probably gonna carry 4 RB's cause Bradshaw may not even be ready for the season.

Player's on the Bubble (TKnight85 Edition)

Cassius Vaughn: Already #4 CB as Davis, Toler, & Butler are the assumed starting 3. Sheldon Price name has been thrown around maybe he beats out Vaughn

Delone Carter: Hasn't done anything for us honestly and is currently still healing his injury I do believe

Lavon Brazill: Depending on the discipline of Pagano and Co. we'll see how the 2 time offender fairs moving forward

Drake Nevis: LOVE this guy but with his injuries and now the numerous additions to the pass rush, he'll be fighting for survival.

Adam Vinateri: Apparently some Rookie K knocked the teams socks off with a great kick to end OTA's or Mini Camp can't remember. Abd imo, a young K is a better move for a Young Team. And with Vinny gone, the "Cut Vinateri" thread on this forum will finally be over! haha

Ben Ijalana: Really doesn't need much explaining. Doubt he makes it through the first week

Saunders (The TE): Justice Cunningham has been something special apparently to the coaches. Mr. Irrelevant may very well become relevant this year. Would be a bitter pill for Saunders to swallow if his Gamecock buddy was the one to knock him off the roster. But maybe we'll carry 4 TE's

Those are the people who I feel are the most in danger and the ones I know the most about.

:colts:

QB-None

WR-

Jeremy Kelley-1

Nathan Palmer-2

Rodrick Rumble-3

Jabin Sambrano-4

Lanear Sampson-5

Griff Whalen-6

Lavon Brazill-7

RB-

Donald Brown-8

Delone Carter-9

Dan Moore-10

Davin Meggett-11

TE-

Dominique Jones-12

Weslye Saunders-13

Justice Cunningham-14

Tackles-

Emmett Cleary-15

Ben Ijalana-16

Bradley Sowell-17

Lee Zeimba-18

Jeff Linkenbach19

Guards-

Justin Anderson-20

Robert Griffin-21

Joe Reitz-22

Mike Mcglynn-23

(I dont expect Reitz and Mcglynn to both get cut but I have to believe if the coaching staff thinks they can upgrade over them then they are vulnerable...But in truth that can be said about a few positions in our case)

Centers-

Rick Schmeig-24

LB's-

C.O. Prime-25

Caesar Rayford-26

Monte Simmons-27

Quinton Spears-28

Mario Harvey-29

Lutrus Scott-30

Justin Hickman-31

Safeties

Delano Howell-32

Daxton Swanson-33

Joe Lefeged-34

Sergio Brown-35

D Linemen

Brandon Mckinney-36

Martin Tevasue-37

Lawrence Guy-38

Fili Moala-39

Ricardo Matthews-40

Kellen Heard-41

Drake Nevis-42

Corners-

Marshay Green-43

Allen Chapman-44

Sheldon Price-45

Cassius Vaughn-46

Sheldon Price-47

P/K-

Brandon Mcmanus (basically auditioning for another team in my opinion)

Thats 47 players fighting for a roster spot (excluding Mcmanus)

Just my opinion of course

QB-None

WR-

Jeremy Kelley-1

Nathan Palmer-2

Rodrick Rumble-3

Jabin Sambrano-4

Lanear Sampson-5

Griff Whalen-6

Lavon Brazill-7

RB-

Donald Brown-8

Delone Carter-9

Dan Moore-10

Davin Meggett-11

TE-

Dominique Jones-12

Weslye Saunders-13

Justice Cunningham-14

Tackles-

Emmett Cleary-15

Ben Ijalana-16

Bradley Sowell-17

Lee Zeimba-18

Jeff Linkenbach19

Guards-

Justin Anderson-20

Robert Griffin-21

Joe Reitz-22

Mike Mcglynn-23

(I dont expect Reitz and Mcglynn to both get cut but I have to believe if the coaching staff thinks they can upgrade over them then they are vulnerable...But in truth that can be said about a few positions in our case)

Centers-

Rick Schmeig-24

LB's-

C.O. Prime-25

Caesar Rayford-26

Monte Simmons-27

Quinton Spears-28

Mario Harvey-29

Lutrus Scott-30

Justin Hickman-31

Safeties

Delano Howell-32

Daxton Swanson-33

Joe Lefeged-34

Sergio Brown-35

D Linemen

Brandon Mckinney-36

Martin Tevasue-37

Lawrence Guy-38

Fili Moala-39

Ricardo Matthews-40

Kellen Heard-41

Drake Nevis-42

Corners-

Marshay Green-43

Allen Chapman-44

Sheldon Price-45

Cassius Vaughn-46

Sheldon Price-47

P/K-

That TE list, yeah.... we're gonna carry more than just Fleener & Allen. So one of those 3 TE's you listed will be on the 53

Alot of players on the bubble, notable ones to me are, #1 Brazill- Because of the susupension he may get beat for a roster spot and i know alot of people on here want to see Whalen make it and he definetly has a good chance now, but in my opinion Brazill should still get the job over Whalen he has incredible potential, he is young, we a all make mistakes. #2 Ijiliana- This guy was a top 5 OG in coming out of college when we drafted him, if by some miracle he can overcome his injuries and make the team im all for it, slim chance though. #3- Donald Brown- I personally think he will make the team but most people dont, he will thrive as a pass catching running back in the new offense and a change of pace from Bradshaw and Ballard as a 3rd back Williams will be 4th and Carter will be cut. Those are just three notable ones on the bubble, that i hope will be their in pre season GO COLTS! 

QB-None

WR-

Jeremy Kelley-1

Nathan Palmer-2

Rodrick Rumble-3

Jabin Sambrano-4

Lanear Sampson-5

Griff Whalen-6

Lavon Brazill-7

RB-

Donald Brown-8

Delone Carter-9

Dan Moore-10

Davin Meggett-11

TE-

Dominique Jones-12

Weslye Saunders-13

Justice Cunningham-14

Tackles-

Emmett Cleary-15

Ben Ijalana-16

Bradley Sowell-17

Lee Zeimba-18

Jeff Linkenbach19

Guards-

Justin Anderson-20

Robert Griffin-21

Joe Reitz-22

Mike Mcglynn-23

Centers-

Rick Schmeig-24

LB's-

C.O. Prime-25

Caesar Rayford-26

Monte Simmons-27

Quinton Spears-28

Mario Harvey-29

Lutrus Scott-30

Justin Hickman-31

Safeties

Delano Howell-32

Daxton Swanson-33

Joe Lefeged-34

Sergio Brown-35

D Linemen

Brandon Mckinney-36

Martin Tevasue-37

Lawrence Guy-38

Fili Moala-39

Ricardo Matthews-40

Kellen Heard-41

Drake Nevis-42

Corners-

Marshay Green-43

Allen Chapman-44

Sheldon Price-45

Cassius Vaughn-46

Sheldon Price-47

P/K-

Good post, Gavin.....    thanks for doing that,  I sure didn't want to.

I was simply going to say that the list of people ON the roster bubble is much, much longer than the list of people are on NOT on the bubble and are anything close to safe.

That's part of the point of the whole "Caldron of Competition" that Grigson/Pagano constantly talk about. 

You want a job?    Fine.    Go earn it!!     Best man wins!

That TE list, yeah.... we're gonna carry more than just Fleener & Allen. So one of those 3 TE's you listed will be on the 53

of course, but its up to those that I named on the list to determine who that will be

I was simply going to say that the list of people ON the roster bubble is much, much longer than the list of people are on NOT on the bubble and are anything close to safe.

That's part of the point of the whole "Caldron of Competition" that Grigson/Pagano constantly talk about. 

Agreed......Also......*leans over and whispers*....Just between you and me......I debated doing that long post for a while :funny:

Saunders (The TE):Justice Cunningham has been something special apparently to the coaches. Mr. Irrelevant may very well become relevant this year. Would be a bitter pill for Saunders to swallow if his Gamecock buddy was the one to knock him off the roster. But maybe we'll carry 4 TE's

Saunders has no complaints if Justice beats him out (likely) for the TE3 spot.

Saunders was a 2011 UDFA (not drafted) of the Steelers.

He had a 4 game suspension in 2012 for violating the NFL drug policy.

He was released by the Steelers in Oct. 2012.

He was picked up by his buddy Arians for the Colts roster last year, along with Arians' other buddy Mewelde Moore...if it wasn't for Arians we probably would not have picked up either one of these guys.

Saunders can block pretty well and that's it...he makes the odd easy catch in practice.

Dominique Jones is also a candidate for TE4 (if we keep a 4th), and is also a UDFA.

He has played some FB in his career and is a better receiver than Saunders.

QB-None

WR-

Jeremy Kelley-1

Nathan Palmer-2

Rodrick Rumble-3

Jabin Sambrano-4

Lanear Sampson-5

Griff Whalen-6

Lavon Brazill-7

RB-

Donald Brown-8

Delone Carter-9

Dan Moore-10

Davin Meggett-11

TE-

Dominique Jones-12

Weslye Saunders-13

Justice Cunningham-14

Tackles-

Emmett Cleary-15

Ben Ijalana-16

Bradley Sowell-17

Lee Zeimba-18

Jeff Linkenbach19

Guards-

Justin Anderson-20

Robert Griffin-21

Joe Reitz-22

Mike Mcglynn-23

Centers-

Rick Schmeig-24

LB's-

C.O. Prime-25

Caesar Rayford-26

Monte Simmons-27

Quinton Spears-28

Mario Harvey-29

Lutrus Scott-30

Justin Hickman-31

Safeties

Delano Howell-32

Daxton Swanson-33

Joe Lefeged-34

Sergio Brown-35

D Linemen

Brandon Mckinney-36

Martin Tevasue-37

Lawrence Guy-38

Fili Moala-39

Ricardo Matthews-40

Kellen Heard-41

Drake Nevis-42

Corners-

Marshay Green-43

Allen Chapman-44

Sheldon Price-45

Cassius Vaughn-46

Sheldon Price-47

P/K-

Good list. I'd add Harnish and take off Cunningham. Why would we need a 3rd string QB who's never played?

Agreed......Also......*leans over and whispers*....Just between you and me......I debated doing that long post for a while :funny:

Along the same line....   and **I'm leaning in and whispering...**   just between you and me....

That recent post I had where I tried to display the entire roster and it came out all scrunched and bunched tightly together in my first attempt and then I went back and re-did it again....    well,  the first time took me roughly  30 minutes....   and the 2nd time when I was re-doing it took me roughly 45 more minutes...

So,  you can imagine how I feel about doing posts that can turn into a never-ending nightmare!     :slaphead:      :facepalm:       :loco:

Better you than me, my young friend!    Better you than me!!       :thmup:        :worthy:      

Yup.  There's probably 55 guys competing for 18 spots on the back end of the roster.

Along the same line....   and **I'm leaning in and whispering...**   just between you and me....

That recent post I had where I tried to display the entire roster and it came out all scrunched and bunched tightly together in my first attempt and then I went back and re-did it again....    well,  the first time took me roughly  30 minutes....   and the 2nd time when I was re-doing it took me roughly 45 more minutes...

So,  you can imagine how I feel about doing posts that can turn into a never-ending nightmare!     :slaphead:      :facepalm:       :loco:

Better you than me, my young friend!    Better you than me!!       :thmup:        :worthy:      

:thmup:

Yup.  There's probably 55 guys competing for 18 spots on the back end of the roster.

Making it more difficult (for the coaches) and interesting (for the fans) is that the roughly 55 guys we have on the so-called bubble, are much better than the roughly 55 we had competing for the last few jobs last year...

This is a much better,  much deeper roster than 12 months ago....     Much, much.

QB-None

WR-

Jeremy Kelley-1

Nathan Palmer-2

Rodrick Rumble-3

Jabin Sambrano-4

Lanear Sampson-5

Griff Whalen-6

Lavon Brazill-7

RB-

Donald Brown-8

Delone Carter-9

Dan Moore-10

Davin Meggett-11

TE-

Dominique Jones-12

Weslye Saunders-13

Justice Cunningham-14

Tackles-

Emmett Cleary-15

Ben Ijalana-16

Bradley Sowell-17

Lee Zeimba-18

Jeff Linkenbach19

Guards-

Justin Anderson-20

Robert Griffin-21

Joe Reitz-22

Mike Mcglynn-23

Centers-

Rick Schmeig-24

LB's-

C.O. Prime-25

Caesar Rayford-26

Monte Simmons-27

Quinton Spears-28

Mario Harvey-29

Lutrus Scott-30

Justin Hickman-31

Safeties

Delano Howell-32

Daxton Swanson-33

Joe Lefeged-34

Sergio Brown-35

D Linemen

Brandon Mckinney-36

Martin Tevasue-37

Lawrence Guy-38

Fili Moala-39

Ricardo Matthews-40

Kellen Heard-41

Drake Nevis-42

Corners-

Marshay Green-43

Allen Chapman-44

Sheldon Price-45

Cassius Vaughn-46

Sheldon Price-47

P/K-

Apparently, Sheldon Price is in BIG trouble.

He made the list twice.

All these players being mentioned close to being on or off the team will be placed on the practice squad, only 8 can be on it at a time and like Harnish was on it last year he will be on it again and Linkinbach will be back on the PS again since he isn't great but he's what I would call serviceable starter if needed and has played T&G and either Saunder or Cunningham might, hard to tell right now who will and you have to remember and of course the higher up know once on the PS players can be snatched up without notice, and Carter might be placed on it. I have 4 players already on the PS so who will be the other 4?

1.Harnish, 2.Linkinbach, 3. Saunder or Cunningham, 4.Carter, 5.?, 6.?, 7.?, 8.?.....

But then again what do I know? I predicted a 5-6 wins last season :}LOL

How about a thread on guessing who will be the 8 on PS week one of the season, to see who made the right guess, just not in the mood to do a thread on that, someone else can if there hasn't been a thread done on that already.....

Go Colts.....

All these players being mentioned close to being on or off the team will be placed on the practice squad, only 8 can be on it at a time and like Harnish was on it last year he will be on it again and Linkinbach will be back on the PS again since he isn't great but he's what I would call serviceable starter if needed and has played T&G and either Saunder or Cunningham might, hard to tell right now who will and you have to remember and of course the higher up know once on the PS players can be snatched up without notice, and Carter might be placed on it. I have 4 players already on the PS so who will be the other 4?

1.Harnish, 2.Linkinbach, 3. Saunder or Cunningham, 4.Carter, 5.?, 6.?, 7.?, 8.?.....

But then again what do I know? I predicted a 5-6 wins last season :}LOL

How about a thread on guessing who will be the 8 on PS week one of the season, to see who made the right guess, just not in the mood to do a thread on that, someone else can if there hasn't been a thread done on that already.....

Go Colts.....

I don't know the exact rule, but players that have been on the active roster for X amount of games are not eligible for the PS.

Link & Carter are both WAY beyond that limit.

Saunders may also be ineligible.

Have you tried saving it as an Adobe file first?

Have you tried saving it as an Adobe file first?

Honestly, no,  and I don't even think I'd know how to do that!    My computer skills are not quite that good...

I thought this would be something for an Excel Spread Sheet.   But, of course,  I don't even know how to do that either!

I can write,  but some of my other skills are....    well....     lacking....         :slaphead:

Well I read through the PUP rules and the IR rules earlier, didn't think to go through the PS rules tonight, oh well to late to do it now, I'm bushed going to bed, disregard that post. I'm just going to sit back and watch what happens anything on here is from any fans without confirmation is just pure speculation anyway till the organization says otherwise on what they decide and say are the final 53 player roster on the deadline and then who's on PUP/IR/PS. It will be interesting the final selection, going to be some hard choices and some fans feelings hurt when who they like gets cut.....

Go Colts.....

QB-None

WR-

Jeremy Kelley-1

Nathan Palmer-2

Rodrick Rumble-3

Jabin Sambrano-4

Lanear Sampson-5

Griff Whalen-6

Lavon Brazill-7

RB-

Donald Brown-8

Delone Carter-9

Dan Moore-10

Davin Meggett-11

TE-

Dominique Jones-12

Weslye Saunders-13

Justice Cunningham-14

Tackles-

Emmett Cleary-15

Ben Ijalana-16

Bradley Sowell-17

Lee Zeimba-18

Jeff Linkenbach19

Guards-

Justin Anderson-20

Robert Griffin-21

Joe Reitz-22

Mike Mcglynn-23

Centers-

Rick Schmeig-24

LB's-

C.O. Prime-25

Caesar Rayford-26

Monte Simmons-27

Quinton Spears-28

Mario Harvey-29

Lutrus Scott-30

Justin Hickman-31

Safeties

Delano Howell-32

Daxton Swanson-33

Joe Lefeged-34

Sergio Brown-35

D Linemen

Brandon Mckinney-36

Martin Tevasue-37

Lawrence Guy-38

Fili Moala-39

Ricardo Matthews-40

Kellen Heard-41

Drake Nevis-42

Corners-

Marshay Green-43

Allen Chapman-44

Sheldon Price-45

Cassius Vaughn-46

Sheldon Price-47

P/K-

just out of interest Gav is that list just random or is it done who you think is most likely to go first to last i.e you think Green is more likely to go than Price

Lavon Brazill: Depending on the discipline of Pagano and Co. we'll see how the 2 time offender fairs moving forward

i didn't know he's a 2 time offender.. what was the first one?

I think Harnish could be on the bubble.

harnish is not on the bubble, he almost definitely will be cut and placed on the practice squad..

harnish is not on the bubble, he almost definitely will be cut and placed on the practice squad..

Same offense the first time I believe. Krunk posted it and found out about it. But this is indeed Brazill's 2nd offense

Here's the quote from Krunk that this is his 2nd offense

The problem with Brazils' mistake is that it does not appear to be his first if I am reading this right

"The punishment for a second violation of the league’s substance abuse policy is a four-game suspension without pay, which will cost Brazill $124,917.50. Due to privacy laws, neither the league nor team divulged the banned substance."

He is being suspended for 4 games so to me it is safe to assume that this is not his first time.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130624/SPORTS03/306240082/Colts-WR-LaVon-Brazill-suspended-four-games-violating-NFL-s-substance-abuse-policy

Brazil is pushing it with this stuff. A fairly new player who has already cost himself $100k, plus a good possibility of being cut. Not smart at all!

ALMOST definitely and then practice squad would be the definition of roster bubble.  I don't expect him to be kept either but I do think he will be one of the last cuts.  Keep in mind the Colts kept him on the active roster last year just to keep another team from grabbing him and released him later in the year once teams had to use roster spots of their own to fill their own injury concerns and couldn't just go get him once the Colts released Harnish.  I could see something like that happening again this year. 

QB-None

WR-

Jeremy Kelley-1

Nathan Palmer-2

Rodrick Rumble-3

Jabin Sambrano-4

Lanear Sampson-5

Griff Whalen-6

Lavon Brazill-7

RB-

Donald Brown-8

Delone Carter-9

Dan Moore-10

Davin Meggett-11

TE-

Dominique Jones-12

Weslye Saunders-13

Justice Cunningham-14

Tackles-

Emmett Cleary-15

Ben Ijalana-16

Bradley Sowell-17

Lee Zeimba-18

Jeff Linkenbach19

Guards-

Justin Anderson-20

Robert Griffin-21

Joe Reitz-22

Mike Mcglynn-23

Centers-

Rick Schmeig-24

LB's-

C.O. Prime-25

Caesar Rayford-26

Monte Simmons-27

Quinton Spears-28

Mario Harvey-29

Lutrus Scott-30

Justin Hickman-31

Safeties

Delano Howell-32

Daxton Swanson-33

Joe Lefeged-34

Sergio Brown-35

D Linemen

Brandon Mckinney-36

Martin Tevasue-37

Lawrence Guy-38

Fili Moala-39

Ricardo Matthews-40

Kellen Heard-41

Drake Nevis-42

Corners-

Marshay Green-43

Allen Chapman-44

Sheldon Price-45

Cassius Vaughn-46

Sheldon Price-47

P/K-

I agree with this for the most part, that is one mighty big "bubble" I would call that more of a small moon lol

QB-None

WR-

Jeremy Kelley-1

Nathan Palmer-2

Rodrick Rumble-3

Jabin Sambrano-4

Lanear Sampson-5

Griff Whalen-6

Lavon Brazill-7

RB-

Donald Brown-8

Delone Carter-9

Dan Moore-10

Davin Meggett-11

TE-

Dominique Jones-12

Weslye Saunders-13

Justice Cunningham-14

Tackles-

Emmett Cleary-15

Ben Ijalana-16

Bradley Sowell-17

Lee Zeimba-18

Jeff Linkenbach19

Guards-

Justin Anderson-20

Robert Griffin-21

Joe Reitz-22

Mike Mcglynn-23

Centers-

Rick Schmeig-24

LB's-

C.O. Prime-25

Caesar Rayford-26

Monte Simmons-27

Quinton Spears-28

Mario Harvey-29

Lutrus Scott-30

Justin Hickman-31

Safeties

Delano Howell-32

Daxton Swanson-33

Joe Lefeged-34

Sergio Brown-35

D Linemen

Brandon Mckinney-36

Martin Tevasue-37

Lawrence Guy-38

Fili Moala-39

Ricardo Matthews-40

Kellen Heard-41

Drake Nevis-42

Corners-

Marshay Green-43

Allen Chapman-44

Sheldon Price-45

Cassius Vaughn-46

Sheldon Price-47

P/K-

I agree with others.  Harnish is on the bubble, I'd say there's a good chance he ends up on the practice squad again this year.