Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do We Go After Vontae Leach If Released Tomorrow?

HtownColt

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leach is an excellent fullback, but I think we are fine in that area. I like Havili, and we don't have to pay him as much coin as we would Leach. I also like what Dan Moore could bring into the mix. I'll pass on Leach at this time.

Leach is an excellent fullback, but I think we are fine in that area. I like Havili, and we don't have to pay him as much coin as we would Leach. I also like what Dan Moore could bring into the mix. I'll pass on Leach at this time.

I also want to see Moore, but if I had to choose between him and Leach right now, sorry Dan.

I also want to see Moore, but if I had to choose between him and Leach right now, sorry Dan.

Don't get me wrong at all! I LOVE me some Vontae Leach, but I can't see him and Havili on the same team. I also don't see Grigs getting rid of Havili. I just don't entirely see the need for Leach with what we currently have and the role the fullback will play in the passing game. Leach is a slam dunk in the running game, but I think Havili would be more of an asset in the passing game than V. Leach. Havili can lower the boom in the running game as well. I'm fairly comfortable with what we have overall.

But like you mentioned(I think) if we got a steal price it might be worth considering I suppose.

How are people so sold on Havilli when he rarely played with the Eagles, you know what Leach is going to bring and that's pro bowl fullback play. Ill make a run at him in a heartbeat and give us a top 3 fullback in the game over a player who probably has 3 games worth of playing minutes

I'm pretty much content with Havili. He's very versatile as you can see from the videos. He's almost like another tailback who happens to be playing fullback. Not only can he catch, but he can get RAC yards after the catch. He's a good runner if you're looking at giving him the football, and he's also physical in the run game. I love Vontae Leach, but I think Havili enhances what we are able to do on offense a bit more.

How are people so sold on Havilli when he rarely played with the Eagles, you know what Leach is going to bring and that's pro bowl fullback play. Ill make a run at him in a heartbeat and give us a top 3 fullback in the game over a player who probably has 3 games worth of playing minutes

Love Leach, but what else can he do besides block? Not that quality blocking isn't important, but he adds nothing else to the offense. I just happen to like how versatile Havili is. Lesean Mcoy also enjoyed him as well.

But unlike former Eagles fullback Jon Ritchie, current fullback Stanley Havili has been turning heads recently with his play. So much so that some in the Eagles locker room feel Havili might be worthy of a Pro-Bowl trip at the end of this season.

“To be honest with you, last year he didn’t really have a chance to really play; didn’t get too many reps so we didn’t see what he could do. This year, he’s blowing people up. I don’t know if you guys have noticed, but it’s opening holes up. His energy [is great]; the will to want to block, the will to want to blow guys up and be successful. He’s blocking well. He’s having an excellent season. He should definitely get a chance to go to the Pro Bowl, for sure. I mean that. Well, us together.”

That was LeSean McCoy talking about Havili after practice today, and it's easy to see why after the game Havili had against the New York Giants.http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012/10/5/3461610/stanley-havili-coming-on-strong

I just don't see the reason to pay big coin to a fullback. Even if it is Leach

Love Leach, but what else can he do besides block? Not that quality blocking isn't important, but he adds nothing else to the offense. I just happen to like how versatile Havili is. Lesean Mcoy also enjoyed him as well.

But unlike former Eagles fullback Jon Ritchie, current fullback Stanley Havili has been turning heads recently with his play. So much so that some in the Eagles locker room feel Havili might be worthy of a Pro-Bowl trip at the end of this season.

“To be honest with you, last year he didn’t really have a chance to really play; didn’t get too many reps so we didn’t see what he could do. This year, he’s blowing people up. I don’t know if you guys have noticed, but it’s opening holes up. His energy [is great]; the will to want to block, the will to want to blow guys up and be successful. He’s blocking well. He’s having an excellent season. He should definitely get a chance to go to the Pro Bowl, for sure. I mean that. Well, us together.”

That was LeSean McCoy talking about Havili after practice today, and it's easy to see why after the game Havili had against the New York Giants.http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012/10/5/3461610/stanley-havili-coming-on-strong

I just don't see the reason to pay big coin to a fullback. Even if it is Leach

Vontae leach caught 21 passes last year, that's alot, its near the top among FBs

Vontae leach caught 21 passes last year, that's alot, its near the top among FBs

I think if Havili got those same opportunities in the passing game he'd do more than Leach could do.

I think he'd have more effect on RAC than Leach would have. I think the kid needs more of a shot.

I think if Havili can give us close to the level of what Hynoski did for Bradshaw in the rungame we'll be fine. And Hynoski doesn't command a sizeable salary I don't think. As I paid closer attention to the Bradshaw film I actually gained a better respect for Hynoski the moreI watched. If we didn't already have Havili and Leach came available I would probably take a second and a third look at my stance, but I'm going to stand firm since that is not the issue.

I think if Havili got those same opportunities in the passing game he'd do more than Leach could do.

I think he'd have more effect on RAC than Leach would have. I think the kid needs more of a shot.

I think if Havili can give us close to the level of what Hynoski did for Bradshaw in the rungame we'll be fine. And Hynoski doesn't command a sizeable salary I don't think. As I paid closer attention to the Bradshaw film I actually gained a better respect for Hynoski the moreI watched. If we didn't already have Havili and Leach came available I would probably take a second and a third look at my stance, but I'm going to stand firm since that is not the issue.

We're not itching for Leach, but he's a better fullback than Havili, despite Havili's potential to make plays in the passing game. 

We can stand pat, and I'll be fine. I'm just saying that, if it were me, I'd be looking closely at Leach, given what the coaches say they want to do on offense. 

I think we'll stick with Havili and Moore. I would love Leach on our team but he is old. I have seen some people say he'll come to the colts because of the Pagano link but look at Ed Reed, and his link was with Miami and Baltimore and we still didn't make a move for him. Instead we went with the younger Landry instead. I can see us going with the younger player here.

next up, Leach, let's not let him go to the Texans.  We need to beat the Texans this year and win the division so we don't have to go back to Baltimore and get our butts kicked in the playoffs where one of the only places our head coach will look confused is located.

If we could get him almost just to keep from the Texans I would be for it but I have a feeling in order to do that we would have to really over pay to do that and I just don't think fullbacks are valuable enough to over pay for even if one is as good as Leach is. 

Leach is an absolute monster. He is a wrecking ball out of the backfield, who carves through D lines like a knife through butter. But with Havilli is on our roster, and Grogs likes him. So I don't think he'll be a big target.

But I can't lie, I would be ecstatic if we picked him up. Even on a 1 year deal.

We got Bradshaw for cheap... (1.1mil. +250k signing bonus)... While we still haven't signed Werner, there should still be plenty of cap left to sign Leach (somewhere around 2-3 mil. per, I'd guess) and have a small emergency stash for the season... I like the FBs that we've brought in and I don't think that its a need at all, but Leach is that much better than they are, making it worth it in my eyes...