DILLIGAFER

Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Phil B., we have signed Jermale Hines, a fifth-round draft pick of St. Louis to flesh out our DB corps.

And the Sporting News draft guide lists him as a safety and says he "hits like a linebacker". Not so good in coverage.

Can we assume that Tryon being released has as much to do with Bullitt being IRed as anything?

In other words, Hines is replacing Bulllitt, Tryon is gone to make room for Orlovsky. I assume that they weren't about to release Thomas or Rucker, but they needed more depth at Safety, and they needed a roster spot.

I don't think so. I believe he's smart enough to know that'd be a stupid move. I think the Colts cut him for a reason that escapes me and many others on this forum.

Yeah. I think we'll learn more by seeing how long it takes for someone else to sign him. If he's snapped up, then it has to be something personal between him and the HC. If it's more than that, then he probably won't be signed real soon.

Caldwell/management have some explaining to do. We know Coyer wanted Tryon out there playing and from what nearly all of us saw last year, Tryon is a much better player than Lacey. They just made a weak secondary even weaker.

According to his latest tweets that is not true.

"I thank the Colts die hard fans for the love they're showing me! I'M A STARTER yes.. Caldwell wanted to start me but it wasn't up to him!"

"Now done with that!! I'm def ready for the next chapter in this wonderful story!! IM BLESSED!! lay off of Caldwell he's a great coach! Peace"

So who was it up to?

"I thank the Colts die hard fans for the love they're showing me! I'M A STARTER yes.. Caldwell wanted to start me but it wasn't up to him!"

"Now done with that!! I'm def ready for the next chapter in this wonderful story!! IM BLESSED!! lay off of Caldwell he's a great coach! Peace"

So who was it up to?

Is Polian making depth chart decisions too? I don't get that, at all.

So who was it up to?

That is really concerning. Something within the organization needs fixed quickly.

Wow. We are really moving in a lot of young/green talent on the defensive side of the ball. I'm sure Tryon felt he has shown he was better than Lacey and yet Lacey still gets the minutes. I would honestly feel a need to part ways too if that was the case. I think he just felt unappreciated. I would much rather this happen in a season where Peyton is out. It gives us a legitimate chance to evaluate our young talent so that we can make the proper draft decisions. I really want to see what Rucker can do. He won a lot of awards from Mich St. if I recall properly.

Funny when asked why Tryon wasn't starting last week Philip B said Coyer told him to see Caldwell, not Polian...

I know it kills some Colts fans to think this just maybe it is Caldwell's call. Now with that said fans can argue about if Caldwell was right or wrong for that but based on what I am reading from Philip B on twitter it sounds like there was more going on here than on the field issues. Philip B tweeted tonight that he thinks Tryon might have spoken up about being on the bench behind Lacey. It could be Tryon had an attitude issue we didn't know about. Like Dan Dakich likes to say you don't know what you don't know.

Answering to the OP and the thread in general -- What the heck? Why would the Colts release him over Lacey. I'm telling you now... HE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO tick OFF THE COACHES. He had sooooo much potential on this team, but I guess something went wrong. Now the Colts are low on depth at CB. Thomas is an injury prone player, and Rucker is a rookie. Not looking good.

That one tackle he made( Rather the tight end fell over him) must have impressed Caldwell. One good thing, Lacy will never get hurt. He never makes contact with anyone.

I thought Lacey fell into the fetal position when he seen he might get hit and accidentally made the tackle.

Funny when asked why Tryon wasn't starting last week Philip B said Coyer told him to see Caldwell, not Polian...

I know it kills some Colts fans to think this just maybe it is Caldwell's call. Now with that said fans can argue about if Caldwell was right or wrong for that but based on what I am reading from Philip B on twitter it sounds like there was more going on here than on the field issues. Philip B tweeted tonight that he thinks Tryon might have spoken up about being on the bench behind Lacey. It could be Tryon had an attitude issue we didn't know about. Like Dan Dakich likes to say you don't know what you don't know.

If this was Caldwells decision, then we wouldn't have Tryon stating on his Twitter that Caldwell is good. Kind of insuates that it isn't from Caldwell, we don't believe it to be from Coyer since he said go ask Caldwell. We can only believe that Polian said to keep Lacey in over Tryon and Tyron was probably barking about it in the clubhouse. Polian probably told him to pack his stuff and leave. After seeing Tryon last year and Lacey this year, it can't be on production. Will this devide the locker room? I have to wonder. Almost need a players only meeting to kind of hash this out behind closed dorrs and just play ball with who is there now and put it behind them. It still sucks though cause Lacey is terrible.

If this was Caldwells decision, then we wouldn't have Tryon stating on his Twitter that Caldwell is good. Kind of insuates that it isn't from Caldwell, we don't believe it to be from Coyer since he said go ask Caldwell. We can only believe that Polian said to keep Lacey in over Tryon and Tyron was probably barking about it in the clubhouse. Polian probably told him to pack his stuff and leave. After seeing Tryon last year and Lacey this year, it can't be on production. Will this devide the locker room? I have to wonder. Almost need a players only meeting to kind of hash this out behind closed dorrs and just play ball with who is there now and put it behind them. It still sucks though cause Lacey is terrible.

That is just funny lol... Tryon wasnt even a leader on this team, he was a backup, this isnt some type of family players get released all the time just like they did with tommie harris.. they are grown men in a business and they will treat it like that. The colts try to put the best player on the field and they DID play tryon in the steelers game he produced little while johnson made some plays... the colts have capable players and they will get their chance to play and they will move on like professionals.

We can also believe what Philip B. Wilson reported but that doesn't support the Polian is a puppet master theory that a lot of fans like to buy into. It was probably Chris Polian who cut Tryon since Chris Polian is the GM and that is his job now. I am sure Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell both knew about it. Other than a tweet from Tryon (who is very biast about this since he's invovled in it) saying that Caldwell wanted him to start. There is no proof to say that Bill Polian ordered Tryon benched for Lacey. That's not even proof that it was Bill Polian who ordered it. Maybe Chris Polian ordered it. Maybe Caldwell did, heck for all we know Jim Irsay might have ordered it (I highly doubt it). Maybe Tryon heard what he wanted to hear from Caldwell. I don't think we know the whole story of what happened here and I highly doubt we are going to know it. So I think we are jumping to conculsions here a little bit. Maybe Bill Polian is this evil man who is really running the team we just don't know.

Either way as long as the Colts keep winning like have when Manning is healthy I don't care how the Colts are run. Polian can come down in the middle of the game and rip the headset off of Caldwell's head and start coaching for all I care as long as we are winning. I'll give them a pass for this year because of what happened to Peyton Manning.

What I do know is anytime something happens that the fans don't like with the Colts the first two people to get blammed are Caldwell and Polian regardless of what happened or what comes out about it. A lot of fans for whatever reason (and I know the reasons we don't need to revist them) don't like them and like to blame all the problems in the world on them. Heck I am surprised we haven't seen a theory on how Peyton Manning's neck surgery is some how Caldwell's or Polian's fault.

I also know this from watching the games this year, Tryon wasn't playing that great either and this is coming from someone who feel in love with Tryon after the Texans game last year and who thinks Lacey is no better than a nickle corner and who called for Tryon to be the starter at the start of the year. If Tryon was starting to cause issues in the lockerroom on top of that I am sorry he had to go. You can't have a guy openingly challenging the coach and or the GM in the lockerroom if those reports are true. That will devivde the lockerroom. As for cutting Justin Tryon, I don't think it's going to devide the lockerroom. If the Colts can get past the week 16 thing and go to a Super Bowl they will be able to get over cutting Justn Tryon.

That is just funny lol... Tryon wasnt even a leader on this team, he was a backup, this isnt some type of family players get released all the time just like they did with tommie harris.. they are grown men in a business and they will treat it like that. The colts try to put the best player on the field and they DID play tryon in the steelers game he produced little while johnson made some plays... the colts have capable players and they will get their chance to play and they will move on like professionals.

Powers had a tweet today where he said something along the lines of sometimes I just don't get the business side of this sport. IE he understands it's a buiness and that he might not like what happened but like you said they are professionals and will move on. Guys get cut and signed all the time. Pat McAfee was talking about this on WNDE yesterday and said it sucks because you lose real good friends that you will probably not see again in that setting but you know that going in and you just do your job so you don't get cut too. He talked about DeVan being cut as an example of that because I guess they were really close friends. Lockerrooms get devivded when you don't have good leadership in the lockerroom and frankly leadership isn't something I think lacks in the Colts lockerroom.

Powers had a tweet today where he said something along the lines of sometimes I just don't get the business side of this sport. IE he understands it's a buiness and that he might not like what happened but like you said they are professionals and will move on. Guys get cut and signed all the time. Pat McAfee was talking about this on WNDE yesterday and said it sucks because you lose real good friends that you will probably not see again in that setting but you know that going in and you just do your job so you don't get cut too. He talked about DeVan being cut as an example of that because I guess they were really close friends. Lockerrooms get devivded when you don't have good leadership in the lockerroom and frankly leadership isn't something I think lacks in the Colts lockerroom.

Thats definitely true the i dont need to mention those players but we all know they have great characters... i got nothing against lacey, i think his production is lacking because of where and the way they have him playing. I never was much of a fan of tryon because for the simple fact that they would have him doing the same thing as lacey and he wouldnt be any different... the colts need a physical corner who can press, they have that i just hope they give chris or kevin some playing time.

WTH is going on Caldwell / Polian???

2 players unexpectedly go on IR, another is cut or asks to be released!

Anymore surprises??

I have no clue what happened to Tryon, then they bring in 50,000 players with a new SS, OL, WR, LB, and resigning Orlavsky & bringing in Brody. I have no idea what they're doing, your guess is as good as mine.

Sounds like Irsay was getting questions about this on Twitter he posted this

"Bill Polian is 1 day,going 2 The Hall of Fame,he knows what he's doing,and Coach Caldwell makes final call on who plays n who doesn't,period"

Sounds like Irsay is saying Tryon is wrong about Caldwell saying he wanted to start him and it wasn't his call. Also before someone says this is spin by Irsay the one thing he has never done is lie to the fans so I don't think he's starting now.