Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts reportedly sign Matt Hasselbeck (update)

Andy

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if we need that. haha

The funny part is that their offense doesn't scare me. Their defense however....

I think that of all of the teams that we played, the Titan's put the worst beating on Luck. They seamed to be in his face as soon as the ball was snapped on every play. We actually played horribly against them in both games.

Better than Kerry Collins! Lol

I had hoped in 2011 that we would grab Hasselbeck once he left the Seahawks. If we had him instead of Collins and Painter, I believe we would have won a good 4-6 games.

Imagine the effect that would have had. According to Irsay, we'd have kept Manning, but we would have had a top ten pick in a pretty strong draft. I don't know what happens to Polian and Caldwell, but if we replaced them with Grigson and Pagano like we did, a lot would have changed with our team in 2012. No Freeney, maybe Wayne, probably no Mathis, still would have released, Brackett, Clark, Addai and Bullitt, so there's still about $25-35m in dead cap space. But we still would have had a good amount of cap space this year, plus a complement of draft picks.

Mixed feelings, for sure.

This could be a solid move.  Hasselbeck is a strong vet.  Not only can he help Luck, but I think he could be a great influence on Harnish.

As for the WR...who said trading involved only draft picks.  We could pick up space by trading a poo contract with a pick!

To me,   Hasselback is the dream back-up!      He's the poster-child for great back-up.

A pro's-pro.   Happy to back-up at this stage of his career.    But could step in and wins games if called upon.

A great set of eyes to help Luck see things.   A wealth of experience to share with Andrew.

On and on.    I was delighted to see us connected on NFL.com with Hasselback...   and I'm beyond thrilled to hear that USA Today thinks we're the leader!

After a horrible weekend as a Colt's fan,  THIS is the best news of the day!    By far!!

I had hoped in 2011 that we would grab Hasselbeck once he left the Seahawks. If we had him instead of Collins and Painter, I believe we would have won a good 4-6 games.

Imagine the effect that would have had. According to Irsay, we'd have kept Manning, but we would have had a top ten pick in a pretty strong draft. I don't know what happens to Polian and Caldwell, but if we replaced them with Grigson and Pagano like we did, a lot would have changed with our team in 2012. No Freeney, maybe Wayne, probably no Mathis, still would have released, Brackett, Clark, Addai and Bullitt, so there's still about $25-35m in dead cap space. But we still would have had a good amount of cap space this year, plus a complement of draft picks.

Mixed feelings, for sure.

No kidding.....sometimes I feel blessed we had Curtis the Turdis

If Bruce Arians was still here, I'd hate this move. But sense that was Luck's Mentor who is now in ARI, I don't mind this move. I just hope Hasselbeck is prepared to play the Jim Sorgi/Curtis Painter role. And understands the only time he'll touch the field is in preseason

So if we make this happen would that eliminate the idea of this trade since Hasselback will be taking up more money. Plus we gotta save for the draft.

I don't think you have to worry that the Hasselback contract is going to cost us some desired FA or trade partner.

The front office has already factored a proper back-up salary into their plan.     This should not be a problem.

Oh God not this again.  Another over the hill Titans QB………………..really?

It always amuses me when someone makes some obscure connection between two players and concludes that, because one didn't work out well, the other won't either.

Then I say we back out pretty quick.

We don't need him.

Which is what people spent years saying about paying for a good back up while Peyton was hurt and then Peyton got hurt and people called for and got Polian's head for not having a good back up for Manning. 

I don't think you have to worry that the Hasselback contract is going to cost us some desired FA or trade partner.

The front office has already factored a proper back-up salary into their plan. This should not be a problem.

Yeah your probably right.