Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY hurt by pep?

Playoffs2013

I think it will be something that will also aid Lavon Brazil in my opinion. I'm not too sure what is going to happen with Donnie Avery. I'm still looking for the Colts to work Nathan Palmer into the mix a bit more. I think he has very good potential, very fast, and Grigson has a good opinion of him. I just think there were so many WR he didn't get much of an opportunity. I look for him to make an impact in his 2nd year. Many may not agree with me, but it's one of my gut picks from observation.

Not if we can hit him on the long play action passes that we could be using to stretch the D. I would just say he may not get as many opportunities overall. SO he needs to work on running the short and intermediate routes with percision. repetition repetition repetition! Im sure he will get better with Wayne being the leader of that group and the fact that T.Y seems to be a guy who really want to learn and get better. Overall I think he can still be very productive just gonna be relied on more to turn short plays into long play by getting YAC.

The WCO offense isn't necessarily exclusively short routes. It does use short routes to set up intermediate and deeper routes. So much of it depends on Pep's version of the WCO. No one really runs the Bill Walsh WCO anymore. Andy Reid has his own version (which I really like for our personnel). As I have stated in other threads....our offensive roster is very similar to Philly's. If I am not mistaken, the Packers also run a version of the WCO.

The Dolphins run a version and the Jets will be next year. It is hard to say what Pep's version will be. He was somewhat limited with his WRs at Stanford (though he had good TEs). I am hoping Reggie will be a Jeremy Maclin, TY a Desean Jackson, Brazil/Adams an Avant, etc. I would imagine we would also go to a zone blocking scheme.

We will probably see some high/low with Reggie and TY as well. This should give TY some opportunity for yards after the catch.

It doesn't matter how TY Hilton gets the ball because he can make any play a homerun, just get him the ball whether it's a slant, hitch, comeback, dig, fly routes etc. it doesn't matter just get it to him. But there are still going to be taking their shots just more off play actions. But like Pep said already he is going to find ways to get the ball to his playmakers and let them make a play

I think it will be something that will also aid Lavon Brazil in my opinion. I'm not too sure what is going to happen with Donnie Avery. I'm still looking for the Colts to work Nathan Palmer into the mix a bit more. I think he has very good potential, very fast, and Grigson has a good opinion of him. I just think there were so many WR he didn't get much of an opportunity. I look for him to make an impact in his 2nd year. Many may not agree with me, but it's one of my gut picks from observation.

Palmer needs to work on his run after the catch, ever since his wrong route taken after the catch vs the Jets he did not get much time after that on the field

Off topic, but what blocking scheme does Stanford use, and do they utilize a FB?

Not off topic at all.....

Stanford uses man blocking, not zone.    And they mostly use a fullback....

I think a hybrid TE/FB player would suffice....     Stanford's fullback the past two years has been 6'4" and 245.    He's likely moving back to tight end,  his original position,  since we've lost Ertz and Toilolo.

Palmer needs to work on his run after the catch, ever since his wrong route taken after the catch vs the Jets he did not get much time after that on the field

I think he's fine. It was a rookie mistake due to lack of action. I think he'll give a better showing if they stay with him.

The WCO offense isn't necessarily exclusively short routes. It does use short routes to set up intermediate and deeper routes. So much of it depends on Pep's version of the WCO. No one really runs the Bill Walsh WCO anymore. Andy Reid has his own version (which I really like for our personnel). As I have stated in other threads....our offensive roster is very similar to Philly's. If I am not mistaken, the Packers also run a version of the WCO.

The Dolphins run a version and the Jets will be next year. It is hard to say what Pep's version will be. He was somewhat limited with his WRs at Stanford (though he had good TEs). I am hoping Reggie will be a Jeremy Maclin, TY a Desean Jackson, Brazil/Adams an Avant, etc. I would imagine we would also go to a zone blocking scheme.

We will probably see some high/low with Reggie and TY as well. This should give TY some opportunity for yards after the catch.

I like everything you are saying except that you want Reggie to be a Jeremy Maclin... I get your point (we should use Reggie like they use Maclin) just a poor choice of words there...

I don't think he will be hurt by the new system.  Even if we run a system with shorter routes, we will still likely have a handful of plays designed to run him deep.  When you have a deep threat like Hilton, you don't make him run comeback routes.  Even if Pep doesn't think to do that, I'm almost 100% confident Luck will give him some ideas

I don't think he will be hurt by the new system.  Even if we run a system with shorter routes, we will still likely have a handful of plays designed to run him deep.  When you have a deep threat like Hilton, you don't make him run comeback routes.  Even if Pep doesn't think to do that, I'm almost 100% confident Luck will give him some ideas

Totally agree. He's a playmaker and dangerous in space.  I think Pep will find a way to use him.  Is it training camp time yet?  haha

Andrew Luck (Stanford)- West Coast/ Pro Style

Vick Ballard (Miss. State)- Spread

Reggie Wayne (The U)- Unknown cause I wasn't old enough to be into Football at this time haha

Dwayne Allen (Clemson)- Spread

Coby Fleener (Stanford)- West Coast/ Pro Style

Ty Hilton (FIU)- I think it was a Spread

Basically we have guys from all types of Offenses on this Offense. This NEW Offense we're about to Run, I'm sure the Coaching Staff won't give people things that they're not Comfortable with. TY Hilton will still be a Deep Threat imo. And with these 2 TE set we should be running, you guys may get the "Production" from Allen & Fleener that most of you keep asking for this year.

Me personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how this is gonna play out.

*Starts building Time Machine to get to August Faster*

The receivers you mentioned from the eagles wish to be the receivers you named from the colts.

Desean had 1 good year and has been devon hester on offense at best. Maclin is probably saved by Collie from being the receiver who is most made of glass.

I get what you are trying to say but your post loses all validity with a comparison and wish like that ;)

The receivers you mentioned from the eagles wish to be the receivers you named from the colts.

Desean had 1 good year and has been devon hester on offense at best. Maclin is probably saved by Collie from being the receiver who is most made of glass.

I get what you are trying to say but your post loses all validity with a comparison and wish like that ;)

I was speaking in terms of how they would be used......not a player to player comparison