Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I have been having visions..

Dark Superman

Of Andrew Luck throwing the ball deep next season to Mike Wallace.. I'm in love with this guys speed and what him and Luck could do together. Andrew can also run to create more time for Wallace to get open. I know the chances are slim to none of this actually happening, but heck.. A guy could dream right?

Of Andrew Luck throwing the ball deep next season to Mike Wallace.. I'm in love with this guys speed and what him and Luck could do together. Andrew can also run to create more time for Wallace to get open. I know the chances are slim to none of this actually happening, but heck.. A guy could dream right?

At least you're resigned to the fact that this isn't going to happen. I honestly can not figure out the obsession with this topic repeatably being brought up. We have 2 guys on the roster that are just like Wallace and Hilton is faster than Wallace. Signing Wallace would not do anything to improve our passing game. Getting 3 good O-lineman is what will improve the passing game.

If Wallace, Hilton, Avery and Brazil all lined up and ran the 100 yard dash, you would probably need a high speed camera to tell who won.  So, I think it comes down to best hands, best routes and best attitude. Although, I would pay to see that race.....oh, yeah....and how much money do they want.

Wallace is faster than Avery and Hilton..

Mike Wallace 40 time - 4.33 seconds

TY Hilton                    - 4.34 seconds

Donnie Avery             - 4.27 seconds

LaVon Brazill's best time was 4.37 seconds

When you're talking about 10ths of a second, it makes no difference. They are all around the exact same speed and to add another speed guy is just redundant and unnecessary.

Wallace is only a deep threat we have those already when we get an o-line and throw a little more short passes we'll see what our little receivers can do and if we weren't already stacked at the position id take bowe because he's a more tall physical receiver.

My visions are of a solid Oline blocking the crap out of the opposing defense and Ballard, brown and carter running all over teams. Sprinkled in with a year two superman qb in luck. With his piped out arms darting bullets all over the place. Time for a new greatest show on turf! Field turf that is ;)

If T.Y.Hilton could play this fast as a rookie, imagine what he could do when he is not thinking too much and just balling as a 2nd year player.

My ultimate vision is Luck taking down Brady at Foxboro!!! Somewhere in the back of my mind, I see it happening sooner than later. :)

It doesn't matter who's Faster. Speed means NOTHING if you can't Catch. Wallace is good.... when he wants to be. He is only good on Deep Routes. And he has a attitude problem just like Percy Harvin. We have enough Speed on this team, yes Speed Kills..... but it's time to get some Height & Power on this Team. I'd take Bowe over Wallace anyday of the Year

You know that's without pads..and Avery tore his acl and is no longer as fast as he was.. Wallace is faster than both Avery and Hilton.. It's not even close.

So? It doesn't matter how fast he is when he can't run proper routes, make tough catches in traffic, and be anything other than a guy who can catch a deep ball when no one is around. All it takes to shut him down, as witnessed this season, is making sure the safety doesn't get by him.

This isn't Madden, it takes more than just speed to make a good WR.

So? It doesn't matter how fast he is when he can't run proper routes, make tough catches in traffic, and be anything other than a guy who can catch a deep ball when no one is around. All it takes to shut him down, as witnessed this season, is making sure the safety doesn't get by him. This isn't Madden, it takes more than just speed to make a good WR.

Exactly. What he said ^^^

I think some people fall for recognizable names and stars. What does Mike Wallace offer over TY Hilton other than that ESPN knows Wallace's name?

Ahh, but NFL Network knows TY Hilton's name as he was on "Dancing with the Starters" & was the biggest highlight of the week twice. First with his PR TD vs the Bills. Then with the 3 & Forever 70yard TD vs the Texans in the 2nd time around. haha

NFL Network >>> ESPN

Wallace speed wise is in the top 3 of the whole NFL. Hilton is more quick than fast. Hester,Jackson,Johnson,Wallace and Darren McFadden are projected to be the top 5 fastest players right now..

and hester can't play wr, jackson i am assuming you me DeSean has been a no show the last two years. wallace is some what of a diva, but a decent wr (i wouldn't put him in the top ten i don't think) and mcfadden can't stay healthy.  speed to me isn't everything. please direct any questions to the raiders (under al davis)

Wallace speed wise is in the top 3 of the whole NFL. Hilton is more quick than fast. Hester,Jackson,Johnson,Wallace and Darren McFadden are projected to be the top 5 fastest players right now..

If Hilton was more quick than fast I don't think he'd be as good at returning as he is. I'd put $10 that Hilton can beat Wallace in a foot race.

I think some people fall for recognizable names and stars. What does Mike Wallace offer over TY Hilton other than that ESPN knows Wallace's name?

Precisely, ESPN knows his name which makes him a god!!!! We should trade our whole team for him, and sign him to a massive contract. Just imagine it, Wallace on the field by himself. Situation is looking grim at Foxboro, down 6 with 4th and goal at the 25 after Wallace was sacked. He hikes the ball to himself, picture perfect pass to Wallace on a corner route in the endzone!!! Wallace & the Colts win with the ensuing extra point kicked by Wallace for the last second game winner. Epic of all Epicness. The holy of holiest and the moley of moliest.