Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Tebow for the Colts

OldManP

No.  If we want a fullback or tightend I would much rather go get a true tightend or fullback rather than trying to move a former QB to one of those positions and on top of that a guy who has made it known he wants to be a QB.  He's not a good enough QB to be our back up.  Also Unlike a guy like Stanton who sits quietly on the bench and goes largely unnoticed a guy like Tebow becomes a distraction you don't need.  It's not really Tebow's fault he doesn't ask ESPN to follow him and he doesn't ask for fans to beg for him to be played but why would you willingly want that when you have a guy like Luck as your QB already?  I think there is more damage that can be done from bringing in a guy like Tebow than good. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No of course no team in there right mind would want that but as far as the media goes ya just have to ignore them all they do is find stories or occasionally embellish on topics to create more to a store then whats actually there, and by that I dont mean they lie or an such thing but they do little things, tone of voice raises in a reporter, or they put emphasis on a quote or little things like that that draw a ton of attention to a particular subject or quote, The guy has his faith, he is not the only one but because Tebow is not afraid to talk about his faith the media feeds on that and blows it out of proportion just to suck fans in, The media is the media and wherever they think they have a story or they can feel like they can make into a story they have little ways of drawing attention from fans and other people that love that sort of thing, I only want to know 1 thing about Tebow and that is if he can he play football be it QB, Linebacker, Tight End not that fans all around the world act like mindless drones because they either want attention and completely misinterpret meaning of Tims "Tebowing" as the media so affectionately call it

I agree that media excels at making a mountain out of molehill. I guess the question is a person can have all the passion in the world to do something well, but if the genuine talent is lacking or never existed in the 1st place no amount of personal desire is going to fill that void. A person can be caring & have a genuine desire to be a nurse, but if you cannot pass organic chemistry you aren't going to become an RN. Desire & talent must co exist to flourish in order to reach a person's career goals in life. That's all I'm saying. We can't always do what we want to on a professional level as our primary occupation. 

Why would we need Tebow when we already have Dwayne Allen? All we'd get are a bunch of Tebow fanboys putting up billboards and having sermons the second Dwayne drops a pass or misses a block.

You know what they say, when you have two Tight Ends, you have none.

Robert Hughes on IR is more valuable than a healthy Tim Tebow.

I agree with most, Tim Tebow deserves a chance to play but, I dont think Indianapolis is the place. The rebuild process for the Colts appears to be going good, better infact then most expected. I continue to support the players and coaching staff. Thanks for a great year!! :number1:  :blueshoe:

Why would we need Tebow when we already have Dwayne Allen? All we'd get are a bunch of Tebow fanboys putting up billboards and having sermons the second Dwayne drops a pass or misses a block.

Robert Hughes on IR is more valuable than a healthy Tim Tebow.

i hope that's not the case because already have two weave Fleener. Then we have our blocking tightend which is the perfect compliment to Fleener and Allen.

The only place I can see him going to is a team with a elite QB, where there would be no question that Tebow would not get any playing time at QB.  He would also have to give up his desire to play the QB position, which I do not believe he wants to do.  I cannot see the Colts bringing him in at TE with the two young TEs that they have now.  I do like Tebow, he seems like a very good athlete and a hard worker, just not a good QB.  Maybe he could make it in the CFL.

Who says that? When you have two QBs, you have none. That's because neither stands out enough to separate themselves usually, and it means you're likely looking at decent and just above or below, which isn't really a strong point. Establishing your quarterback and being done with it lets teams play to their strengths instead of running something vanilla.

Two TEs makes no sense, because you can and do play them in multiple sets. 2 on the line, 1 on the line and the other out wide, one on the line the other in the backfield, etc. No one says that about positions you can put multiple players on the field of, or even that sub in and out regularly (like backs). The Patriots have two TEs, and they are far from none. The Colts had Dilger and Pollard. Even 'role players' like the almost strictly blocking Manumaleuna serve large purposes with players like Antonio Gates being such big receiving options.

It's almost strictly about QBs, and I'd argue kickers (look at teams in the playoffs carrying two and ask yourself if you want either one). There are exceptions (San Fransisco with Young and Montana, and possibly today). Two TEs is a very fine thing to have.

Who says that? When you have two QBs, you have none. That's because neither stands out enough to separate themselves usually, and it means you're likely looking at decent and just above or below, which isn't really a strong point. Establishing your quarterback and being done with it lets teams play to their strengths instead of running something vanilla.

Two TEs makes no sense, because you can and do play them in multiple sets. 2 on the line, 1 on the line and the other out wide, one on the line the other in the backfield, etc. No one says that about positions you can put multiple players on the field of, or even that sub in and out regularly (like backs). The Patriots have two TEs, and they are far from none. The Colts had Dilger and Pollard. Even 'role players' like the almost strictly blocking Manumaleuna serve large purposes with players like Antonio Gates being such big receiving options.

It's almost strictly about QBs, and I'd argue kickers (look at teams in the playoffs carrying two and ask yourself if you want either one). There are exceptions (San Fransisco with Young and Montana, and possibly today). Two TEs is a very fine thing to have.

Someone was absent when they were handing out sarcasm detection ability.

That said, Tebow is a terrible idea, and this whole scheme is flawed from go. Nobody will look like a genius because everybody already said Tebow should be a HB or TE. He outright refused and said "Starting QB or bust." Hes a media circus with a gigantic ego and a cult. Any NFL team that picks him up is only doing it to play the media.

Someone was absent when they were handing out sarcasm detection ability.

That said, Tebow is a terrible idea, and this whole scheme is flawed from go. Nobody will look like a genius because everybody already said Tebow should be a HB or TE. He outright refused and said "Starting QB or bust." Hes a media circus with a gigantic ego and a cult. Any NFL team that picks him up is only doing it to play the media.

I have no idea how you see a "gigantic ego" with Tebow.  Media circus and cult following, yes, neither of which is his fault.

How do you not see it? Hes been told by literally everyone (barring Skip Bayless) that he should not play QB in the NFL. He does anyways. He told Rex he refuses to play in the offensive schemes they drew up for him because he wasn't a true starter. Anybody else pulls crap like that we call them a diva. But because Timmy's religious, hes just hard working and doesn't settle.

I can't believe that so many ppl responded to this topic.... (but now here I go)

Tebow would be great for the Jags... they are not a popular team and he is like a GOD down there. They'd make some $ at least.

I'd rather have Chandler Harnish start over Tebow.

I'll take any of our RBs and TEs over him too.

He is too popular and unconventional to be a backup for anyone. He has shown that there are ways that a team can win with him under center. I'd never want him here, but it would be interesting to see what happens if a team were to commit to Tebow fully and build an offense around his talents....

The circus isn't his fault, but its not like he discourages it..... I think that this topic is the most boring in the NFL because it is rarely football related.... more of a National Enquirer topic than a football discussion anymore...

He should either get a reality show or join the CFL. If he tears up the CFL, maybe he can prove some things and get another shot at the big time...

How do you not see it? Hes been told by literally everyone (barring Skip Bayless) that he should not play QB in the NFL. He does anyways. He told Rex he refuses to play in the offensive schemes they drew up for him because he wasn't a true starter. Anybody else pulls crap like that we call them a diva. But because Timmy's religious, hes just hard working and doesn't settle.

Just because he wants to pursue his dream of being an NFL QB dose not mean he has a gigantic ego, he has this dream and wants to go for it, more power to him.  You have no idea what was said in the meeting between Tebow and Ryan , so you are only speculating not stating a fact.  His religion aside, IMO he presents himself as humble not a diva.  I think he would be better served playing a different position, but if he wants to stay at QB great, it is his choice and will have to deal with consequences.

Think he was just kidding lol.

You are fogetting about Manning and Sorgi there fella...

Yet if people give him the chance he's going to take it.  It was painfully clear that Curtis Painter shouldn't be a NFL QB last year too yet is it his fault that he was just doing the best he could when the Colts wouldn't go to someone else?  If people keep letting Tebow play QB it doesn't mean he has an ego it means he's trying to take advantage of the chance he was given.

I think Tebow's "ego" so to speak comes more from just being sick of the media coverage he gets.  He senses and ESPN interrupts programming to tell you about it.  I don't blame Tebow for it though he doesn't ask for it.  It's the same problem I have with RG3.  He is over hyped to the moon.  Again not his fault he doesn't ask for it.  I blame the media that is just over blown for both guys.  From what I can tell both guys seem to be very good men.  I want to be clear I am NOT trying to say RG3 is the same kind of player Tebow is either.  Clearly when healthy RG3 is a very special player while Tebow is no more than a back up QB at most.  So RG3 fans please don't take it like I am trying to compare the two in terms of playing ability. 

No to Tebow. I feel bad for him because I think Rex may have ruined his career, or at least set it back.

The thing that annoys me about Rex is he refuses to play Tebow to spite the owner - basically sending a message that he wont play players he doesn't want on the team.

But in this case, Woody was right to get Tebow.If I had Mark Sanchez and Tim Teebow on the team, I would run the spread option with Teebow and let Sanchez sit on the bench.

Its Rex that doesn't know personel and the rest of the NFL shouldn't use the Jets as a judge of talent because they clearly cannot.

No to Tebow. I feel bad for him because I think Rex may have ruined his career, or at least set it back.

The thing that annoys me about Rex is he refuses to play Tebow to spite the owner - basically sending a message that he wont play players he doesn't want on the team.

But in this case, Woody was right to get Tebow.If I had Mark Sanchez and Tim Teebow on the team, I would run the spread option with Teebow and let Sanchez sit on the bench.

Its Rex that doesn't know personel and the rest of the NFL shouldn't use the Jets as a judge of talent because they clearly cannot.

He is the Head Coach right?  That's what you pay him for to run his system.  I blame the GM for getting a guy that didn't fit what Rex Ryan runs with the Jets and trying to force it down their throats which is why I think the GM lost his job and Ryan did not. 

It would be interesting to have Tebow on the Colts.  I would like to see him used as a TE, in a spread offense, and as backup QB to Luck.  The occasional wildcat play could improve the red zone offense.

He would be a low-risk pick up.  Would not cost the Colts any draft picks.  He is realtively cheap, somewhere around $650k. 

I understand the logic and if it was somebody else it might be something to look at, but the media circus distractions that are constantly surrounding this guy far override his limited value to a team.

28774982.jpg

He is the Head Coach right?  That's what you pay him for to run his system.  I blame the GM for getting a guy that didn't fit what Rex Ryan runs with the Jets and trying to force it down their throats which is why I think the GM lost his job and Ryan did not. 

right. and rex has had so much success with what hes doing.

right. and rex has had so much success with what hes doing.

back-to-back AFC Title games is more than any Jets coach has done since what Parcells?

Make no mistake I think he's on the hot seat but he's still the Head Coach and you hire a Head Coach to call the shots.  If you don't like the shots he's calling you fire him and get someone else. 

back-to-back AFC Title games is more than any Jets coach has done since what Parcells?

Make no mistake I think he's on the hot seat but he's still the Head Coach and you hire a Head Coach to call the shots.  If you don't like the shots he's calling you fire him and get someone else. 

The NFL would never permit the firing of this clown prince.  When did Parcells have back-to-back AFC title games?  Thus, the J*E*T*S are doomed to suckle, suckle and suckle.

Haven't read anything. Just wondering how in the heck Tim tebow to colts has gotten to 3 pages? Lol

If the Colts could convince Tebow that he is a great football player, just not an everyday QB, the Colts could hire a superman TE, HB, FB and backup QB for cheap money.  The contract could be structured such that he could prove himself and then become a hot commodity.  One year, $1,000,000, with a team option for the 2nd year.