Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Tebow for the Colts

OldManP

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colts could be less predictable, the run can establish a passing game and vice-versa. 

I don't think Indianapolis would be a circus.  The guy is a football player, and he hasn't made headlines for DUI, punching out his girlfriend etc.  No reason why he can cause a circus.  Indy ain't New York.

Neither is Denver, but it was still a circus there.

It would be interesting to have Tebow on the Colts.  I would like to see him used as a TE, in a spread offense, and as backup QB to Luck.  The occasional wildcat play could improve the red zone offense.

He would be a low-risk pick up.  Would not cost the Colts any draft picks.  He is realtively cheap, somewhere around $650k. 

At first I was like:

rkelly.gif

And then I was like: 

3859271924_24af790d82_o.gif

Neither is Denver, but it was still a circus there.

Was it really?  He was quite popular, and he won the job.  The circus was national, and that has mostly died down.  Te-bowing is not a hot topic on the internet anymore.

He would need to buy in that he is not going to be a starting QB.  A press conference could take care of that. 

Was it really?  He was quite popular, and he won the job.  The circus was national, and that has mostly died down.  Te-bowing is not a hot topic on the internet anymore.

He would need to buy in that he is not going to be a starting QB.  A press conference could take care of that. 

Yeah, it was. It was where the entire circus started. "Te-bowing" started in Denver. I don't want the media nonsense that follows Tebow where ever he goes. The guy is not going to agree to play another position, he has already said that. He is under the delusion that he can play QB even though it's obvious that he can't. Tebow will be a distant memory in 2-3 yrs. after one more stupid team tries the experiment one more time and fails miserably.

Yeah, it was. It was where the entire circus started. "Te-bowing" started in Denver. I don't want the media nonsense that follows Tebow where ever he goes. The guy is not going to agree to play another position, he has already said that. He is under the delusion that he can play QB even though it's obvious that he can't. Tebow will be a distant memory in 2-3 yrs. after one more stupid team tries the experiment one more time and fails miserably.

I'm sure he will make a solid dancing with the stars contestant

Tebow is not a QB, and the Colts definitely would not use him as a QB, not even as a back-up. We definitely would NOT let him throw, and the Wildcat would essentially take the ball out of Luck's hands, which is not what the Colts would want to do.

TE- Would he be able to beat out either Allen, Fleener or Saunders? I don't think he would be able to beat out any of those guys.

Fullback- Would he be able to beat out Allen? I'm not sure that he would. I would bet against it.

Essentially, if he was able to contribute to the team and actually make it onto the team based on his superior playing ability at a given position, then just like anoyone else, he may have a shot at making the team. I just don't see it. In additon, as everyone else has mentioned, he would bring the circus in town, which makes this even less likely. The Colts passed up on Dennard and Burfict in this year's draft because of issues not related to football. I doubt the Colts would want to deal with all of the hooplah that surrounds Tebow for a player that couldn't help a bad team like the Jets.

If I was in charge and offered Tebow a contract, I would put in bold letters, NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY QB!.

My aim would to 1st try to make him a 3rd and short RB, then FB, then try to develop his hands to be a full fledge H back. I have doubts about his hands though.

* also, if I ever wanted to use the Wildcat, which I would not, I would just use Luck.

The last thing I would ever want to hear is that Tebow was now a member of this team.  I think everybody in the FO is smart enough to know they wouldn't want to touch that guy with a 10,000 ft pole.  Granted they got PM now, but Denver couldn't send him on the first plane out of town fast enough.  

It would be interesting to have Tebow on the Colts.  I would like to see him used as a TE, in a spread offense, and as backup QB to Luck.  The occasional wildcat play could improve the red zone offense.

He would be a low-risk pick up.  Would not cost the Colts any draft picks.  He is realtively cheap, somewhere around $650k. 

Can he play offensive line?

I can not say no more emphatically. The guy brings nothing but a media circus to a team and his abilities just do not warrant much of a roster spot. I think he likes the attention he brings from the media and having ESPN and all his crazy fans would be nothing but a distraction and a headache.<br /><br />No thank you.

Tebow won't be starting anywhere in the NFL anytime soon. If he wants to continue being in the NFL, then he'll need to accept the role of a backup QB, HB, TE, something of the nature. If he doesn't then he'll be going to the CFL or somewhere else.

I agree.  FB, HB, TE and backup QB.  Maybe the Colts could save a couple of roster spots that are now taken by backup QBs.  Never said as a starting QB.  Luck is obviously the starting QB. 

I'd put him at RB...     HB, and or TE...    If Tebow would embrace the idea of being a "versatile" asset then I believe he has a bright future in the NFL.

And he would be any teams 3rd or 2nd string QB without actually having to have one to fill the spot.   

Tebow could be a useful addition to any team if he wants to be.

How bad Tebow is is pretty exaggerated, HE LED Denver to the playoffs just last year and threw 12 td's and only 6 picks in 11 starts which is not great numbers of course but before that he only had 3 starts, Im not saying he is a capable starter anywhere of course but he deserves credit for picking that Bronco team up when they could have easily fell apart last year

How bad Tebow is is pretty exaggerated, HE LED Denver to the playoffs just last year and threw 12 td's and only 6 picks in 11 starts which is not great numbers of course but before that he only had 3 starts, Im not saying he is a capable starter anywhere of course but he deserves credit for picking that Bronco team up when they could have easily fell apart last year

Tebow is not an NFL every down starter...  that is for sure, he is just not accurate enough.     Tebow is a very good "football player" he is a winner.     He works hard,   His future is up to him, he has to embrace the reality that QB is not his position.    

He is too versatile to not consider.     And once he decides he is not a QB I would hope ESPN would stop with all the Tebow worship.

They created the monster...   

Tebow is not an NFL every down starter...  that is for sure, he is just not accurate enough.     Tebow is a very good "football player" he is a winner.     He works hard,   His future is up to him, he has to embrace the reality that QB is not his position.    

He is too versatile to not consider.     And once he decides he is not a QB I would hope ESPN would stop with all the Tebow worship.

They created the monster...   

There wasn't any of that this year that I saw, just how the media is, they have to have a story so they create one and like bees on honey fans ate it up, it wasn't Tebows doing

Jets + Tebow + Rex Ryan =  media circus If ESPN has any thing to say about it.

Mike Greenburg having a seat at the most listened to sports talk show in the country didn't help.    ESPN was Jets sport information central all season.     AND THEY SUCKED.

I think when Tebow leaves NY he will fade away as long he isn't pushing to play QB.

Tebow? What I hear from students and relatives of students that attended Florida with him, is that he's a lump above the shoulders. So you have an athletically gifted person who lacks the capacity to comprehend high complexity. Yes, he's talented enough to run the super simple read option pass schemes, but not even close to being able to run any modern NFL Offense.

Tebow is the Forrest Gump of NFL QB's. Switch positions and Run Forrest RUN!

A valid point Gavin. The problem with Tebow is the media circus that follows him everywhere he goes. Not Tim's fault, but no NFL team wants this media distraction that prevents a squad from maintaining concentration, necessary solitude, & the razor sharp focus needed to win games down the stretch. 

I heard so many people say let Tim Tebow come to Jacksonville as Florida's favorite son & sell out the stadium. Um...That only works if Tebow wins 8-10 football games. Yes, Jacksonville has a decent defense, but it's not the Mile High defense. Tim won't get you to the Playoffs in Florida. Plus, he had the option of going to Jacksonville & he said no. Tebow rejected Jacksonville for NY; he rejected them not the other way around. Remember that. Florida's favorite son had no love for the Jaguars. He stood up this NFL team suitor. He wasn't left at the alter okay.

A valid point Gavin. The problem with Tebow is the media circus that follows him everywhere he goes. Not Tim's fault, but no NFL team wants this media distraction that prevents a squad from maintaining concentration, necessary solitude, & the razor sharp focus needed to win games down the stretch. 

No of course no team in there right mind would want that but as far as the media goes ya just have to ignore them all they do is find stories or occasionally embellish on topics to create more to a store then whats actually there, and by that I dont mean they lie or an such thing but they do little things, tone of voice raises in a reporter, or they put emphasis on a quote or little things like that that draw a ton of attention to a particular subject or quote, The guy has his faith, he is not the only one but because Tebow is not afraid to talk about his faith the media feeds on that and blows it out of proportion just to suck fans in, The media is the media and wherever they think they have a story or they can feel like they can make into a story they have little ways of drawing attention from fans and other people that love that sort of thing, I only want to know 1 thing about Tebow and that is if he can he play football be it QB, Linebacker, Tight End not that fans all around the world act like mindless drones because they either want attention and completely misinterpret meaning of Tims "Tebowing" as the media so affectionately call it

Think about it ...

Tebow takes Denver from the outhouse to the playoffs...    deserved attention.

Tebow goes to the Jets....      automatic attention, esp after the season he just had...     At the end.... the way NY dogged him the Jets could have ended all the Tebow hype had they just given him a chance to hang himself.      But they didn't.      They were scared he WOULD succeed.

And that would have been a HUGE mess.    

If Tim thinks he is a legit NFL QB then I want NO part of him.     If he want to play football and go all in to win..   He would be a great addition.

Look, I'm gonna be honest here. I love Tim Tebow's attitude. The kid works his caboose off. I am curious if they are any truth to the rumors that Bill Belichick was going to draft Tebow before McDaniels grabbed him as the then HC of the Broncos. 

If the Grey Hoodie couldn't mold him into a viable QB no one could, Bill likes high football I.Q. guys though. He's not sentimental. If you don't adjust, evolve, & produce on the field especially in practice, you are gone. 

Go to the Canadian Football League Tebow & perhaps you can transform your throwing & read weaknesses into strengths or pursue other endeavors.