Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Tebow for the Colts

OldManP

It would be interesting to have Tebow on the Colts.  I would like to see him used as a TE, in a spread offense, and as backup QB to Luck.  The occasional wildcat play could improve the red zone offense.

He would be a low-risk pick up.  Would not cost the Colts any draft picks.  He is realtively cheap, somewhere around $650k. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to have Tebow on the Colts. I would like to see him used as a TE, in a spread offense, and as backup QB to Luck. The occasional wildcat play could improve the red zone offense.

He would be a low-risk pick up. Would not cost the Colts any draft picks. He is realtively cheap, somewhere around $650k.

I'll pass on the teabow circus

It would be interesting to have see Tebow on the Colts Patriots.  I would like to see him used as a TE or H-Back, in a spread New England's offense, and as emergency backup QB to Luck Brady and Mallett.  The occasional wildcat play against the Jets could improve the red zone offense would burn Rex Ryan's fat ash..

He would be a low-risk pick up.  Would not cost the Colts Patriots any draft picks.  He is relatively cheap, somewhere around $650k. 

Now suitable for Forum consumption....no charge for the editing. :facepalm:

I think it's an interesting idea and an expansion on the Wildcat somewhat to use him as you describe. However I wouldn't want him here still, I think what you proposes would only work with a less pass heavy team, that and the I wouldn't want the whole distraction element. 

The Colts could be less predictable, the run can establish a passing game and vice-versa. 

I don't think Indianapolis would be a circus.  The guy is a football player, and he hasn't made headlines for DUI, punching out his girlfriend etc.  No reason why he can cause a circus.  Indy ain't New York.

That has to be the most ill informed post -ever. Tebow is not an NFL QB. After warching him with the JETS (Colts fan living in NJ) I can saassure you he really sucks as a player.

Umm. What did you watch? I saw TWO passes from him all year. One was a 5 yard jump pass and the other was a nice 30 yard throw which was dropped. Other than that, it was Tebow up the middle, up the middle, then up the middle again. It was awful how the Jets used him. He's not a great qb, maybe not a qb at all but he's a hell of a player if you ask me.

I see him in like a Danny Woodhead/ Kevin Faulk position on NE. KC wouldn't be bad for him either.

The Colts could be less predictable, the run can establish a passing game and vice-versa. 

I don't think Indianapolis would be a circus.  The guy is a football player, and he hasn't made headlines for DUI, punching out his girlfriend etc.  No reason why he can cause a circus.  Indy ain't New York.

Seriously...and I like Tim Tebow....but until he recites the words "I have no intention of competing for a starting QB position and will accept whatever role I'm given"....he may not ever even get another shot in the NFL.

Had Tebow been drafted in the 3rd or 4th round the narrative on him would be entirely different and alot of the vitriol he gets...plenty of it being gratuitous....probably wouldn't have happened.

But other than the pile of 1st round money he got.....Josh McDaniels did this kid no favors.

Fair points, I don't Tim himself acts like a celebrity as such, I just think wherever he goes the Media will follow like the scavengers they are. 

It would take a completely new offense to work this in and although it would give variety I prefer we stick to the path we are heading down as it is now. Although I suppose if BA does go now would be the time to consider such a thing. 

Tebow is almost like a supercar, fun to watch, has a huge fanbase, is capable of top level performance but ultimately isn't that practical for daily use.

I Thought you were Joking but your really serious. :omg:  :sheepaid:

Seriously...and I like Tim Tebow....but until he recites the words "I have no intention of competing for a starting QB position and will accept whatever role I'm given"....he may not ever even get another shot in the NFL.

Had Tebow been drafted in the 3rd or 4th round the narrative on him would be entirely different and alot of the vitriol he gets...plenty of it being gratuitous....probably wouldn't have happened.

But other than the pile of 1st round money he got.....Josh McDaniels did this kid no favors.

I'm certainly not promoting Tebow as candidate to displace Luck.  He's a good football player.  I could see him as effective as Gronkowski in run after catch.  Everyone complains about the O-line, maybe it's the play selection. 

I'm certainly not promoting Tebow as candidate to displace Luck.  He's a good football player.  I could see him as effective as Gronkowski in run after catch.  Everyone complains about the O-line, maybe it's the play selection. 

Uhhh...no. It's the offensive line....which would exacerbate the problem of Tebow playing here.

Didn't you seen him behind the Jets line?

Look....on the Patriots, who would have the luxury of adding him for HB/TE/gadget plays.....and with Tom Brady etched in stone as the unquestioned starter...he might be worth the experiment. On the Colts....he is not.