Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Tebow for the Colts

OldManP

The NFL would never permit the firing of this clown prince.  When did Parcells have back-to-back AFC title games?  Thus, the J*E*T*S are doomed to suckle, suckle and suckle.

I thought the Jets went back-to-back AFC Title games under him could clearly be wrong.  The point I am trying to make is that the Jets have had more success under Ryan than any other coach they have had there recently so clearly he did something wrong.

With that said I also agree he's on the hot seat right now but till he's fired he's the guy in charge and he should be free to run the team the way he wants to and him doing so isn't a very good case against him. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all head coaches decide their personel. some are just asked to play the ones they have.

A better arguement would be that the Jets don't have the personel required to run the spread option.

Rex backing Sanchez clearly shows that he shouldn't have anything to do with who they draft or acquire.

Anyone with a brain would have put Teebow in after 8 games and start running the spread option, even with the receivers and RBs they had.

I'll say it again. Tebow does not have the tools to be a NFL QB. It would be the dumbest move in the history od Sports if he ever became a Colt.

The original post said Tebow would primarily be used as a TE, HB, FB and occasional gadget play.

Say it as many times as you want, but your not arguing the premise posed.

It would be interesting to have Tebow on the Colts.  I would like to see him used as a TE, in a spread offense, and as backup QB to Luck.  The occasional wildcat play could improve the red zone offense.

He would be a low-risk pick up.  Would not cost the Colts any draft picks.  He is realtively cheap, somewhere around $650k. 

First, if you've read his book you'll know his whole career he's been told he should play linebacker, he should be a TE, and he is NOT receptive to this idea!

Second, listen to the Colt players in their interview they all say the same thing.....we had success because everyone bought into the system....Timmy is not the buying in type he believes in one thing above everything else, himself and his ability to be a starting NFL QB.

First, if you've read his book you'll know his whole career he's been told he should play linebacker, he should be a TE, and he is NOT receptive to this idea!

Second, listen to the Colt players in their interview they all say the same thing.....we had success because everyone bought into the system....Timmy is not the buying in type he believes in one thing above everything else, himself and his ability to be a starting NFL QB.

He is not stupid, he might begin to figure it out.  Earlier, I said he would have to buy into the scheme.  Somebody like Belichick will sign him, and talk him into his new role. 

I was watching an NFL special on Fox.  They showed the end of regulation in the Denver-Baltimore game.  After Manning took a knee, Suggs was shouting to the Denver crowd "Don't you wish you had Tim Tebow now?  Don't you wish you had Tim Tebow?"  It was pretty funny stuff.

Preface: I have been a lifelong Colt fan since 1970 (7 tears old)..stuck with them, supported them, cheered for them, suffered through Jeff George, and the rest of the bad years, without ever complaining...or losing my affinity for the Colts, be it in Baltimore, or Indy.

Having said that...

If that sorry excuse for a QB ever gets picked up by the Colts, I will burn every piece of memorabilia, take all my Colts stuff out of the car, and denounce the Colts as an organization and a team. He is a media cancer to any team he plays on, and unless he would decide to try another position, he doesn't deserve to be in the NFL, ESPECIALLY AT QB..And even if he agreed to try a new position with my beloved Colts, I would still do what I typed above without hesitation....

End of statement..PERIOD

He is not stupid, he might begin to figure it out.  Earlier, I said he would have to buy into the scheme.  Somebody like Belichick will sign him, and talk him into his new role. 

They been trying to talk him into that idea since Jr high and it has had no effect. I think he will go to the Jags because they will let him play some QB and he can put fans in the stands in Florida.

Oh yea he may not be stupid but he is his own biggest fan.

Preface: I have been a lifelong Colt fan since 1970 (7 tears old)..stuck with them, supported them, cheered for them, suffered through Jeff George, and the rest of the bad years, without ever complaining...or losing my affinity for the Colts, be it in Baltimore, or Indy.

Having said that...

If that sorry excuse for a QB ever gets picked up by the Colts, I will burn every piece of memorabilia, take all my Colts stuff out of the car, and denounce the Colts as an organization and a team. He is a media cancer to any team he plays on, and unless he would decide to try another position, he doesn't deserve to be in the NFL, ESPECIALLY AT QB..And even if he agreed to try a new position with my beloved Colts, I would still do what I typed above without hesitation....

End of statement..PERIOD

A little extreme no?

The irony that 'Colt Fan 4 Life' would denounce the team if they signed Tim Tebow is hilarious. Just goes to show how bad Tebow is.

So you would stop being a fan of a team you have followed for forty years if the people that run the team decided he could in some way help the team win games. Dude, that seems extreme.

There is no way that Tebow can help any team, no matter where they would put him, because he is a media cancer, draws the wrong kid of attention, and draws it all to himself. The Colts in all the years I have followed them, always exemplify class...both on and off the field. If they would ever take a media cancer, the Colts organization would be lowering their high standards. The Colts are regarded by many as one of if not the classiest organizations in any sport. That would immediately end the minute he would sign his name to a contract...

Yes, it does show to me how bad Tebow is as a football player...and that is why I wrote what I wrote...I don't want the Colts to ever become a joke, a circus, like the Jets are right now...If that ever happens, yes..I would do exactly that...

If it sounds extreme to you, it just might be..But to each his own.. I never want any kind of cancer on this team...We are much better than that..

This thread alone is an example of why you don't want Tebow on your team in ANY position. 

The debate,  the noise,   the hysteria that follows Tebow wherever he goes is a distraction to teams.    They don't want it,  and they don't need it.

Right now,  all that negative far outweighs his positives.

I think Tebow is a great kid.   If I had a daughter, I'd be happy if she brought him home for the wife and I to meet him.  Great kid.

But football player on my team??     No.    Not now.    Not sure if I ever want him on my team.   Too much downside and not enough up side.     Sorry.

This thread alone is an example of why you don't want Tebow on your team in ANY position. 

The debate,  the noise,   the hysteria that follows Tebow wherever he goes is a distraction to teams.    They don't want it,  and they don't need it.

I think Tebow is a great kid.   If I had a daughter, I'd be happy if she brought him home for the wife and I to meet him.  Great kid.

But football player on my team??     No.    Not now.    Not sure if I ever want him on my team.   Too much downside and not enough up side.     Sorry.

A very nice way of stating that Tim Tebow has no aptitude for the QB position in the Natl. Football League NCF! Now, I just wish ESPN analyst Skip Bayless would see the light & have a genuine awakening or a moment of complete clarity regarding  Tebow's field general glaring shortcomings on a football field.  haha

I'd said this before & I'll say it again: Can you effectively carry out the duties of the QB position or not? I really could care less about a person's religious beliefs or spiritual stance on things. 2 separate questions. Never mix the 2 questions together. It drives me nuts when the Natl. media does this. It's a disservice to the NFL, the fans, & Tim Tebow IMO.

The funny thing to me is that the person who lit the whole fuse on the craziness that follows Tebow hardly ever gets mentioned.

Josh McDaniels

Had Tebow been drafted in the 4th round which would have been more realistic....the entire narrative on him would be different....if there would have been a narrative at all. Once McDaniels....who briefly held the reigns in Denver....picked Tebow in the 1st round, it was off to the races.

At this point.....football reasoning and football business dictates that Tebow immediately abandon his insistence on playing QB....or go on to his life of preaching the Gospel and helping build hospitals for poor Filipinos.

The Colts could be less predictable, the run can establish a passing game and vice-versa. 

I don't think Indianapolis would be a circus.  The guy is a football player, and he hasn't made headlines for DUI, punching out his girlfriend etc.  No reason why he can cause a circus.  Indy ain't New York.

You are right he has not made headlines for having a DUI or domestic violence. But what Colts player has?

Seems like a terrible reason to me to sign a player.

Also Indy may not be New York but neither was Denver and that was still a circus. ESPN creates the circus not the people in that city.

The funny thing to me is that the person who lit the whole fuse on the craziness that follows Tebow hardly ever gets mentioned.

Josh McDaniels

Had Tebow been drafted in the 4th round which would have been more realistic....the entire narrative on him would be different....if there would have been a narrative at all. Once McDaniels....who briefly held the reigns in Denver....picked Tebow in the 1st round, it was off to the races.

At this point.....football reasoning and football business dictates that Tebow immediately abandon his insistence on playing QB....or go on to his life of preaching the Gospel and helping build hospitals for poor Filipinos.

Good post, pacolts....   really good post.

The over-drafting of Tebow dramatically raised the stakes for everyone involved.

Wound up -- in part -- costing McDaniels his job...   and certainly didn't help Tebow...

Hope it all works out for TT in the end...   whether it's in Canada playing football,  or somewhere else in the world helping less fortunate people.

Josh McDaniels

Good post, pacolts.... really good post.

The over-drafting of Tebow dramatically raised the stakes for everyone involved.

Wound up -- in part -- costing McDaniels his job... and certainly didn't help Tebow...

Hope it all works out for TT in the end... whether it's in Canada playing football, or somewhere else in the world helping less fortunate people.

The interesting question is not that Josh McDaniels drafted Tebow in the 1st round, but rather if Broncos owner Pat Bowlen had not fired McDaniels so quickly, what would have been McDaniels longterm intentions with Tebow? What were Josh's longterm goals with Tebow? Did he see Tebow as an eventual starter in Denver? A 1st round draft pick means that you expect this person to start on the field almost immediately waiting no more than 1 season on the bench. I actually wanted to see this scenario played out longer in Denver with Josh still running things as the HC. Like an NFL what if question...Let's take the train wreck right off the tracks. Full throttle ahead. Nothing partial or halfway here.

I'm not trying to be funny or sarcastic here, but part of my personality really gets a kick out of crazy stunts or people who are fully committed to doing something that sends shockwaves through an entire industry or league. Even if I don't agree with the move & think it won't end well or pretty, I enjoy bold risk takers. I'm not saying that I'm one. I just like people in charge who throw caution to the wind & say darn it I believe in this guy & I'm gonna pull the trigger on this. That takes guts.

Yeah, bringing in Tebow got McDaniels fired from the Broncos organization, but he is infamous now & you're never gonna forget him because of that bold move either. Far better to fall flat on your face doing something you believe in then to bend over backward making nothing but sure, safe bets IMO. Risk takers can achieve tremendous success or crash & burn...Either way, it's going to be an unforgettable ride...Long live unconventional thinkers & defiant rebels! I do enjoy having them around.

Just watch. The Patriots will get him and make everyone look dumb. He won't ever take a snap as qb but I could see him being used as a hb/fb/3 te set, splitting punt returns. I don't want him here but I hope he lands on his feet.

I have been saying this all along, that before Tebow ends his career, he will be a Patriot.  The guy has unique talent and size, that being said, he has to be cheap, and a role player.  He has amazing running ability from the QB position, I don't know that will translate to him having ability from the TE position.  That being said, he is the kind of talent that gets picked up by the Patriots for that one play, in that one game, that helped them win.  Again, I believe he will have to come cheap.  Do I want him on the Colts squad, nah! LOL