Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This site states it is a 2nd AND 6th to Dolphins for Vontae Davis

chad72

Grigson spoke about it a couple of weeks ago. It was a 2nd and a conditional 6, but I *believe* he missed too many games for the conditional 6th to be thrown in.

That was my understanding as well, and I agree that Grigson did well with both trades.  I definitely think we came out ahead in both, though I'm not quite as sure about the trade up for Hilton.  Granted I have no idea where other teams had Hilton graded but my thinking is he likely could have still been there for our normal pick.  However, I do like the fact that he had a player he really wanted and didn't want to miss out on so he did what he had to do to get him.  And I definitely do think that Hilton was a great addition...just not sure we actually had to trade up to get him.  No way of knowing for sure though.

That was my understanding as well, and I agree that Grigson did well with both trades.  I definitely think we came out ahead in both, though I'm not quite as sure about the trade up for Hilton.  Granted I have no idea where other teams had Hilton graded but my thinking is he likely could have still been there for our normal pick.  However, I do like the fact that he had a player he really wanted and didn't want to miss out on so he did what he had to do to get him.  And I definitely do think that Hilton was a great addition...just not sure we actually had to trade up to get him.  No way of knowing for sure though.

The other trade Grigson did good on was getting a serviceable CB in Cassius Vaughn for Chris Gronkowski, a FB we were rarely going to use. Chris Gronkowski was not working out, so the Broncos signed Jacoby Hester instead.

The other trade Grigson did good on was getting a serviceable CB in Cassius Vaughn for Chris Gronkowski, a FB we were rarely going to use. Chris Gronkowski was not working out, so the Broncos signed Jacoby Hester instead.

Very good point.  I keep forgetting that Vaugh and even Fokou were acquired via trade and not free agents.

I thought the 7th went to STL for the Josh Gordy trade...  I believe that one's gone, so we only have a 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 6th.

According to NFL.com, that pick is in 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000052967/article/josh-gordy-traded-to-indianapolis-colts-from-st-louis-rams

Fokou/Lloyd from Philly came with the 7th rounder conditional in 2013, and those conditions weren't met apparently.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-08-03/sports/33020680_1_moise-fokou-keenan-clayton-jamar-chaney

I agree, Grigson won me over though, saying that while he wasn't sure we needed to, he knew players like that often went late in the second day and he wasn't prepared to take the risk of letting him go. 5th rounders aren't really that valuable anyway, so we didn't spend too much to get him, and the risk certainly paid off. 

I agree, Grigson won me over though, saying that while he wasn't sure we needed to, he knew players like that often went late in the second day and he wasn't prepared to take the risk of letting him go. 5th rounders aren't really that valuable anyway, so we didn't spend too much to get him, and the risk certainly paid off. 

He would have worth it if they traded a 2 for him. Can't dispute that now.

I know i read somewhere that at least one other team said they would have drafted Hilton before us if we would not have traded up in front of them

no way is he worth it, yea he had a decent game against the texans but he gets toasted a lot

:scratch:

He's our best cornerback BY FAR. How can you say that? He's been injured, but look at his last two games after he's healed up. And he's superb in run support too.

no way is he worth it, yea he had a decent game against the texans but he gets toasted a lot

by whom?  The johnsons?  Marshall?  who doesn't get toasted by those three? The trade was totally worth it, especially when all we had to give up was a 2nd.  Just because we traded for a draft pick, doesn't mean the draft picks are gold.  Nothing is a sure thing when it comes to the draft and he was a proven commodity in Miami. 

I hope Flacco throws at him Sunday......he;ll be on Anquan Bolden..that's a match I like a lot

Who will be on Smith then?  Bolden will just be a decoy to consume Davis if thats the case.  I hope Vaughn can keep up with Smith

[quote n

by whom?  The johnsons?  Marshall?  who doesn't get toasted by those three? The trade was totally worth it, especially when all we had to give up was a 2nd.  Just because we traded for a draft pick, doesn't mean the draft picks are gold.  Nothing is a sure thing when it comes to the draft and he was a proven commodity in Miami. 

Who will be on Smith then?  Bolden will just be a decoy to consume Davis if thats the case.  I hope Vaughn can kee

He's our best cornerback BY FAR. How can you say that? He's been injured, but look at his last two games after he's healed up. And he's superb in run support too.

Colts might not have made the playoffs without him.

p up with Smith

ame="lollygagger8" post="377783" timestamp="1357222302]

^Fixed^

he was targeted 18 times and receivers had 14 comp. almost 80%. not to good

I know i read somewhere that at least one other team said they would have drafted Hilton before us if we would not have traded up in front of them

^ ^ ^ This! ^ ^ ^

Grigson made the right move because I heard that same very thing about Hilton.  Grigson already lost one on his board due to waiting (supposedly a corner) and wasn't about to lose another.  

And Davis is worth the #2 we traded.