Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts made the right decision

danlhart87

I would much rather have a great QB in Luck for 12 - 15 years than Manning for 3 - 5 years. Nothing against Manning and I love all that he has done for this organization but I would have been very angry if the Colts kept Manning and traded the #1 pick away. It also helps that the Colts are playing well now. I think nobody in there right mind expert or just casual fan saw the Colts as playoff contenders.

Winning is the quickest cure, and is the fastest way for fans to move on and get behind a team. :)

The next stretch of road games is going to test this young team really good.

Let us enjoy the Colts win and not make it about Luck vs Peyton again.

Winning is the quickest cure, and is the fastest way for fans to move on and get behind a team. :)

The next stretch of road games is going to test this young team really good.

Let us enjoy the Colts win and not make it about Luck vs Peyton again.

Please. Are we not done with this yet?

It's easy to say it now that Luck is doing well, but there were A LOT of people against it to begin with. Let's be real here. Bandwagoners. Gotta love em.

and there were also a lot of people at the time who said the Colts made while the hard call that it was the right call regardless of how things played out when you looked at the money involved. If people are crawling back on the bandwagon so be it but not everyone is a bandwagon jumper a lot of people have thought this was the right call all the way threw.

Are you insinuating that Peyton Manning has never had a game better than 433 and 2 Td's. Of of the Top of my head I can think of three games he had a Perfect Passer Rating.

All I know is Peyton throwing 6 TD's against the saints. And remember the Turkey day game where he had 5 or something against detroit.

Peyton never had a game like Luck did today....

Of course they made the right decision

as a rookie? No he didn't. Over the course of his career he had several like today which is why Peyton is one of the all-time greats. Now here's the scary part for the rest of the league. Luck is a rookie and Manning the rookie never had a game like this. Luck is going to get BETTER! Just think about what he's going to be like in five years when he's done growing and Manning is heading into the sunset. It will be like the people who wanted Leaf over Manning you aren't going to be able to find them EVERYONE is going to think this was the right call.

and there were also a lot of people at the time who said the Colts made while the hard call that it was the right call regardless of how things played out when you looked at the money involved. If people are crawling back on the bandwagon so be it but not everyone is a bandwagon jumper a lot of people have thought this was the right call all the way threw.

Hindsight is 20/20. (btw, 20/20 is not perfect vision) but I heard a lot of complaining last january. I was cool with it, as I've always been because I'm a Colts fan. Win or lose, I bleed blue. It seems we lost a few fans along the way, but then again, they weren't true fans.

Before I discovered this site I was on the CBS sports forums since 07 and still am there and after the the P.Manning surgeries and the season last year I was ready to move on and openly thanked him on the site and after that I fought and fought others who wanted P.Manning back and other Colts fans who argued RG3 over A.Luck and I won them over, I did only expect 5 wins and that has been matched so I'm extremely happy I made the right choice, I'm happy with P.Manning on going success, but I took a decade or more over a few years!!!!!

Yes, let's try to not escalate this discussion into a Vs thing.

Just how lucky are we? It could be lopsided, you know......the Broncos sucking and Luck looking great, or the Broncos riding high, and the Colts unable to win game. But that is not the case. In fact, we are half way through the season and guess what it says on the stats at NFL.com?

Peyton Manning - 2404 yards passing

Andrew Luck - 2404 yards passing

We are so darn blessed to have the torch passed in such a non-lopsided manner. Revel in it fans. Don't argue over it.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 5, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, November 5, 2012 - personal shot

Don't be too hard on Ohio Colt, he didn't witness the Peyton Manning years up close. It's his first year following the team up close, so he doesn't have the knowledge base that some do. If he did he wouldn't have made a comment that was so baseless.

Some should just remove the words Peyton Manning from their vocabulary. If they did they wouldn't continue to embarrass themselves.

We are transitioning from Pisces to the Age of Aquarius in the world right now.

Irsay knew that obviously we needed to start over and get in the New Age. L :blueshoe: CK is our New Age QB to lead us. It is a time to release negativity/pent up tension of the past and become at one with the future and ourselves as well as our surroundings. The Colts are doing just what they are supposed to be doing and what they needed to do to arrive at this current state that can only help them present and future.

It's really as simple as that........

:thmup::goodluck:

I never said everyone was bandwagon. I don't have to worry about bandwagon, because I remember '72. YEAH IM OLD

I never said everyone was bandwagon. I don't have to worry about bandwagon, because I remember '72. YEAH IM OLD

i didn't say you did. I just pointed not everyone here in this thread reversed course. The second part about people crawling back on the bandwagon was a seperate thought. I was getting at I don't care if others are bandwagon fans or not. I am comfortable enough with who I am as a fan that I don't really care what others are. Sounds like you are the same.

Coming from you Jason and the thread that you have been entrenched in. I say well done sir and I literally loled when I saw your post!

This thread is a disaster waiting to happen.

The truth is that irsay was in a win-win situation in terms of the well being of his football team. He could have gone either way and it would have been a smart decision.

In regards to fans though he was in a lose-lose situation. Either decision was going to tick a lot of people off.

Hindsight is 20/20. (btw, 20/20 is not perfect vision) but I heard a lot of complaining last january. I was cool with it, as I've always been because I'm a Colts fan. Win or lose, I bleed blue. It seems we lost a few fans along the way, but then again, they weren't true fans.

Don't forget, that now we have an excuse to follow the Broncos and watch even more football :)

Like I've already stated, I think that Irsay made the smart decision for the long-term, but some people on this forum are getting carried away on the Luck bandwagon. Luck looks like he has all the potential to be a great QB in this league, probably a top 5 if he continues to progress the way he has been so far. Let's not forget that Peyton already one of the greatest all time QBs and has been a top 5 for years now. Luck has a long road ahead before we start comparing him to Manning and Brady. Just like Manning had a long road to travel before we could legitimately compare him to Johnny U.

Let's be excited for the future, but let's not overstate what it is; it's a Rookie that is performing at a high level, with a lot to learn.

I think he meant in his first year. I could be wrong.

The league is different now. Peyton did hold the rookie passing yard record for a season till Cam Newton broke it last year.

Now, Luck breaks the single game record and might break the season record too, maybe??? When 2 QBs do it so quickly in 2 consecutive rookie years (breaking single game records, remember RG3 had the 2nd highest rookie debut in passing yards vs the Saints), isnt it safe to say that the league is more pass friendly now? It is a no brainer to me. :)

i didn't say you did. I just pointed not everyone here in this thread reversed course. The second part about people crawling back on the bandwagon was a seperate thought. I was getting at I don't care if others are bandwagon fans or not. I am comfortable enough with who I am as a fan that I don't really care what others are. Sounds like you are the same.

Respect your opinion as always GC. Again, you dont have to choose one over the other to root for!!! You can support who you want and can be happy for a QB not playing for the Colts (unless they play the Colts, of course). I have never had a problem with that. Now, this thread is a perfect breeding ground for the George Bush "you are either with me or you are against me" types.

Whilst I was always at peace with the decision, and I think Luck is possibly going to be more than the real deal, they both have 2404 yards, and along with Brady, all average 301 yds per game. However, Manning is 20-6 TD/INT, Luck is 10-8. The boy has a wee bit more to go yet.

Good luck for the rest of this thread. If I post again in it, I shall remain QB agnostic.

What would be a dream for me is for the Colts to play Manning and the Broncos in the Playoffs and The Colts Kick Manning' s

Butt!!!! There so I said it!!! GO COLT!!!! And to you know what with another team and another QB!!! A true Blue till death due us part since 1958!!! Go Colts!!! Only!!! Each too his own?

Coltsince4

Respect your opinion as always GC. Again, you dont have to choose one over the other to root for!!! You can support who you want and can be happy for a QB not playing for the Colts (unless they play the Colts, of course). I have never had a problem with that. Now, this thread is a perfect breeding ground for the George Bush "you are either with me or you are against me" types.

Not saying you do. Never said a word about people having to choose either. If anything I said if people want to crawl back on the bandwagon if they jumped off it hey great. I don't really care because I know what I am and that's all that really matters to me.

Not saying you do. Never said a word about people having to choose either. If anything I said if people want to crawl back on the bandwagon if they jumped off it hey great. I don't really care because I know what I am and that's all that really matters to me.

Oh, I was agreeing with your post actually. Sorry, did not make it clear. Just adding to what u said.