Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts made the right decision

danlhart87

You my friend must have been under a rock during the 2006 AFC Championship Game. Luck will have to go a LOOONNGG way to match that performance by Manning.

Wait a second. He didn't throw for 400 yards that day. He turned it over. He didn't hit 60% of his balls. Had a better rushing attack, and a better assortment of weapons

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200701210clt.htm

Oh for the Love of God, can we give this a rest yet....???

Football is Exciting AGAIN, for all of us. ENJOY it and Quit bickering.

Well said GRAMZ. This almost reminds me of all the politics everyone has had to endure for how many months or has it been years lately? Just teasing everyone before you bash me. :funny:

We are transitioning from Pisces to the Age of Aquarius in the world right now.

Irsay knew that obviously we needed to start over and get in the New Age. L :blueshoe: CK is our New Age QB to lead us. It is a time to release negativity/pent up tension of the past and become at one with the future and ourselves as well as our surroundings. The Colts are doing just what they are supposed to be doing and what they needed to do to arrive at this current state that can only help them present and future.

It's really as simple as that........

:thmup::goodluck:

I agree. Love your slant on things. Luck is definately operating at a higher vibration.

Look, why this Luck vs Manning debate keeps re-emerging in these discussions is beyond belief. It's the age old argument do you wanna win now? i.e. Manning; Or do you wanna win 4 years from now? i.e. Luck.

Both QBs are a good fit, perhaps even a great fit, for their respective new franchises. Can't we just let the matter go now? Peyton is part of INDY's history; you can't just erase it.

Luck is his own man too and holding him to #18's accomplishments in Lucas Oil Stadium is equally futile and without validity IMO. Denver is happy & INDY is happy as a fan base. It's time to cut the cord of resentment, regret, & animosity loose for good & bury the field general hatchet forever IMO.

I don't see why this keeps coming up. The transition was best for all parties involved. Manning wasn't going to get anywhere because our team was getting old, drafting poorly, and getting locked into bad, long term contracts. Luck was ready to go, from the get-go, and he's showing it.

The biggest winners in this whole transition? Both Colts and Manning fans. Colts fans get to watch another 10-15 years of greatness at the quarterback position. Other teams go 10-15 years without even getting a whiff of good play at the QB spot. Manning fans? They get to see Manning play for a team that is easily more Superbowl ready than our team. AND... if Peyton wins another Superbowl on a completely different team, that pretty much cements his status as the greatest of all time. Period.

Me, I get to watch to two teams every Sunday. Win.

OK, it's not about the Peyton and Luck choice. As was thought, and is seeming to play out, that was win either way. The BIG right choice was to jettison FO, coaches, and hobbled vets with hefty paychecks. Reload with new FO, coaches, scheme and begin to fill with players that fit the new Vision. And it is working better and faster than anybody, including most Colts fans, believed! Let's just enjoy!

What would be a dream for me is for the Colts to play Manning and the Broncos in the Playoffs and The Colts Kick Manning' s

Butt!!!! There so I said it!!! GO COLT!!!! And to you know what with another team and another QB!!! A true Blue till death due us part since 1958!!! Go Colts!!! Only!!! Each too his own?

Coltsince4

Amen.

So I have a dumb question...

Can this be about the OP and not about Luck v. Manning?

Frankly the comparison between the 2 is absolutely irrelevant to whether the decision to cut Manning was the right one or not. More at issue is whether the TEAM has a more or less promising short and long term future.

IMO, the Colts made the right decision for the future of the club. I thought so then, I thought so before the draft, I thought so during training camp, I thought so when the Colts lost to the Jags and fans were wondering if the team would win another game this year, and I think so now.

The decision has worked out pretty well for Peyton Manning, too.

Oh for the Love of God, can we give this a rest yet....???

Football is Exciting AGAIN, for all of us. ENJOY it and Quit bickering.

Besides, everyone knows it was the right decision. That Leaf guy never amounted to anything.

(Was that response dumb enough for this thread? Maybe not.)

Colts (Irsay) made the right decision when they (he) hired Ryan Grigson. Everything, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING, has been the result of that hire (Freeman, retaining Mathis, clearing away Bracket/Clark/Addai, Avery, trading up for T Y, Arians, Redding, Etc.), I could go on and on about how many right moves Ryan has made and how many of the moves have inproved the team right now and set us up for a better long term future.

Irsay deserves much credit for believing in Grigson and vesting authority and trust in him, Grigson deserves much credit for selecting Pagano and trusting him to teach a new football and belief system, and the football gods smiled on us when the Steelers stupidly got rid of Arians.

The Colts are flush with right decisions in the last 9 months.

The Pats? I remember hearing somewhere the Colts in the 00's won more games in a decade than any other team in any other decade. Not checked the fact myself but if anyone could verify it I would be interested.

The Pats were the most dominant team in total wins (126 Pats - 124 Colts) in the 2000's, which includes Playoffs / Superbowls. Both Colts and Pats beat the 49'ers previous record of 122 in the Nineties. The Colts did have the most regular season wins ever in a decade with 115 wins (45 losses) while the Pats won 112 regular season games (48 losses).

Nod towards the Pats. Because this game is ALL about playoffs and Superbowls, not just regular season.

Look, why this Luck vs Manning debate keeps re-emerging in these discussions is beyond belief. It's the age old argument do you wanna win now? i.e. Manning; Or do you wanna win 4 years from now? i.e. Luck.

Both QBs are a good fit, perhaps even a great fit, for their respective new franchises. Can't we just let the matter go now? Peyton is part of INDY's history; you can't just erase it.

Luck is his own man too and holding him to #18's accomplishments in Lucas Oil Stadium is equally futile and without validity IMO. Denver is happy & INDY is happy as a fan base. It's time to cut the cord of resentment, regret, & animosity loose for good & bury the field general hatchet forever IMO.

I completely agree, but the way some people are just disregarding and discarding Manning is just silly. It is way too early to start putting Luck in Manning's level, let alone putting above Manning. The kid looks great and I hope for the sake of the team that he wins many more championships in Indy than Manning and Unitas combined, but is too early to make such ridiculous statements. It's just asinine to compare what he has accomplished to what Peyton has accomplished. I would feel the same if people were comparing a rookie to Brady, Montana, Elway, Unitas, Favre, Marino, Young, Aikman, or even Big Ben and Eli for that matter, as they are champions, MVPs, and/or multi-record setters.

He may well get there and probably will, but he cannot be compared to them yet. So let's stop this hopeless fanboy nonsense.

Colts (Irsay) made the right decision when they (he) hired Ryan Grigson. Everything, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING, has been the result of that hire (Freeman, retaining Mathis, clearing away Bracket/Clark/Addai, Avery, trading up for T Y, Arians, Redding, Etc.), I could go on and on about how many right moves Ryan has made and how many of the moves have inproved the team right now and set us up for a better long term future.

Irsay deserves much credit for believing in Grigson and vesting authority and trust in him, Grigson deserves much credit for selecting Pagano and trusting him to teach a new football and belief system, and the football gods smiled on us when the Steelers stupidly got rid of Arians.

The Colts are flush with right decisions in the last 9 months.

I agree with alot of what you said except the Arians choice

The Pats were the most dominant team in total wins (126 Pats - 124 Colts) in the 2000's, which includes Playoffs / Superbowls. Both Colts and Pats beat the 49'ers previous record of 122 in the Nineties. The Colts did have the most regular season wins ever in a decade with 115 wins (45 losses) while the Pats won 112 regular season games (48 losses).

Nod towards the Pats. Because this game is ALL about playoffs and Superbowls, not just regular season.

Thank you very much for this info, agree with you about the post season remark. We should have reached far more SBs.