Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeman

TheJACKCOLT

Freeman is an absolute beast. He has to be the most underated player in the NFL right now. He's playing as good as any LB in the league he's all over the field and when he makes tackles, he does it with force, he doesn't just wrap up and hold on, he puts the ball carrier down, I love his intensity. Good in coverage too. He's becoming a real leader on the defense. What a great find by Grigson.

I forget when, I wanna say early 1st qtr.... he chased down Chris Johnson on their sideline and instead of just pushing him out he tackled him, with perfect form... Not a big deal to most, but I like that... makes the effort, and you know Johnson is like "dang man I'm about to run out of bounds and u gotta tackle me??"

For what it's worth, the website 'spotrac.com does NOT show Freeman is a FA at the end of this season.

If that's true, we may have signed him up to a multi-year deal already. Whether we extend it and/or sweeten it is another story.

My guess would be we'd wait at least one more year before we'd pull the trigger, but that's more hunch than anything else.

It seems like every time you see a few Colt players after the guy with the ball, he is there. He could become one of the top LB's in the league if he keeps this up.

The guy just gets to the ball and like everyone says, hits hard. Probably the second best draft pick this year, Luck being number one of course.

I agree with everything in this post about Freeman except for benching Angerer. If anybody is going to sit it needs to be Conner. Put Angerer & Freeman in the middle & that's one heck of duo imo! Seems like Conner has regressed some this year?? Anybody else notice that his play isnt what it used to be or is it just me?

He's 4th in the league in tackles according to NFL.com. 69 solo tackles in 7 games. He also only has 29 assists. I like having a guy like him who can finish plays on his own.

Hopefully he can stay a Colt for awhile and not be allowed to walk like Peterson, Washington, Thornton, and Session were able to.

Freeman is an absolute beast. He has to be the most underated player in the NFL right now. He's playing as good as any LB in the league he's all over the field and when he makes tackles, he does it with force, he doesn't just wrap up and hold on, he puts the ball carrier down, I love his intensity. Good in coverage too. He's becoming a real leader on the defense. What a great find by Grigson.

Great hustle..an old school Colt.....Grigson's first discovery.. BUT

...he did run out of position on some of CJ's runs...he feel for the motion and opened up cutback room.

He had a good game but he overran CJ's runs at times

For what it's worth, the website 'spotrac.com does NOT show Freeman is a FA at the end of this season.

If that's true, we may have signed him up to a multi-year deal already. Whether we extend it and/or sweeten it is another story.

My guess would be we'd wait at least one more year before we'd pull the trigger, but that's more hunch than anything else.

Freeman's deal with the Colts is reportedly a three-year contract.

1/17/2012: Signed a three-year, $1.44 million contract. 2012: $390,000, 2013: $480,000, 2014: $570,000, 2015: Restricted Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/ind/

It seems like every time you see a few Colt players after the guy with the ball, he is there. He could become one of the top LB's in the league if he keeps this up.

The guy just gets to the ball and like everyone says, hits hard. Probably the second best draft pick this year, Luck being number one of course.

Freeman was not drafted. He was signed from the CFL.

freeman is the 3rd best player on the team after luck and wayne.

This is a stretch, IMO. I'd put a guy like Redding up there, or Mathis. No doubt the guy is a great talent, and will be one of our top players in a year or two, but we haven't seen his best yet, I don't think.

This D is set up for the backers to make plays.

Wouldn`t say our lineman have been doing a very good job, so Freeman had better be making tackles with all these RB`s coming thru.

I don`t see Freeman crashing a lot of plays. Overhyped now IMO. But is athletic, and the D HAD/HAS a lot to learn about playing together.

Give him a - Promising grade.