Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Angerer

HtownColt

So Angerer is pretty much done for the year. Why dont they just put him on IR

We're only going into our 5th game. He could be out for three more weeks and he'd still be able to play half the season. Is freeing up a roster spot for the next couple weeks to bring in a backup for some other position worth more than Pat Angerer playing, say, 8 games?

I mean, by your logic, we should have put Bob Sanders on IR in 2006.

Pat is the Last of my Injury Concerns. Don't get me Wrong, he's a Good player & he's a Colts. But Freeman & Connor are holding the Fort down. I don't want him rushing back just because it's killing him to miss each game. I want him back 110%. Let his replacements hold the Fort down until he gets to that 110% mark.

GREAT this guy is going to turn into another Bob Sanders - great potential but never on the field. :(

can you tell me Angerer's games played/total games ratio and how many games he actually missed. I'll do it for you. this is his 3rd year(2 full seasons plus these 4 games) he has played in every game but these 4 this year so thats 32 games played/36 total games. would you call that Bob Sanders like?

It's not hard to lead a team in tackles when you tackle them 6/7 yards already down the field.

:number1:

I still don't see what other people see in Pat. He's an average AT BEST LB. He's a good guy to have as depth, but as a starter right now? No thank you. They need to keep rolling with Freeman/Conner/Fokou and once Pat gets back slide him in with Fokou on passing downs.

I still don't see what other people see in Pat. He's an average AT BEST LB. He's a good guy to have as depth, but as a starter right now? No thank you. They need to keep rolling with Freeman/Conner/Fokou and once Pat gets back slide him in with Fokou on passing downs.

He's average at passing coverage. I thought his specialty was run stopper because Edds was the coverage guy at Iowa. I might be wrong, but Pat wasn't great at coverage like Gary was.

average at best? the dude would have been a pro bowler if his team wasn't so bad last year. 236 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, 5 pass defensed, 1 interception, 2 sacks in 2 years for your weakside LB(he didnt even start his rookie year until late in the season) and Mike LB. numbers never lie(for a linebacker). numbers lie for defensive backs

average at best? the dude would have been a pro bowler if his team wasn't so bad last year. 236 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, 5 pass defensed, 1 interception, 2 sacks in 2 years for your weakside LB(he didnt even start his rookie year until late in the season) and Mike LB. numbers never lie(for a linebacker). numbers lie for defensive backs

Half of his tackles were assists last year. As much as the defense was on the field last year he should have had inflated stats. He's a slightly more athletic Rob Morris. It is what it is.

He's average at passing coverage. I thought his specialty was run stopper because Edds was the coverage guy at Iowa. I might be wrong, but Pat wasn't great at coverage like Gary was.

I thought his specialty was run stopper because Edds was the coverage guy at IOWA? Are you serious?

Half of his tackles were assists last year. As much as the defense was on the field last year he should have had inflated stats. He's a slightly more athletic Rob Morris. It is what it is.

He's also the most proven LB we have. If someone wants to take the 4 games Freeman's had and declare him better than Angerer, so be it, but he's a different level of player than Fokou and Conner. No knock against those guys, but Pat's the Pro Bowl talent out of the bunch. I still think he's better than Freeman, but Freeman is playing well right now. He should be the starter along with Angerer.

Some more numbers:

2011 rushing defense: 4.3 yards per carry allowed

2012 rushing defense: 4.7 ypc allowed

We're giving up 7 yards per game less only because teams aren't running quite as much, but they're averaging nearly half a yard per carry more than last year.

Since, for some reason, people are downplaying Pat's production because our overall run defense sucked, shouldn't they be doing the same for Freeman, Conner, and Fokou?

There is all of this speculation on Angerer, but wasn't he on the PUP? Doesn't that mean that even if he is 100% healthy, he can't come back until after week 6 which is AFTER this game???

I don't think he was on the pup but I don't know for sure.

There is all of this speculation on Angerer, but wasn't he on the PUP? Doesn't that mean that even if he is 100% healthy, he can't come back until after week 6 which is AFTER this game???

I don't think he was on the pup but I don't know for sure.

he was on PUP before the season started

When his six weeks were up he played

I'm not sure what his situation was but he didn't fall under that scenario. He was going to play in the Green Bay game if he didn't have a set back during the practice week.