Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne

Douzer

Reggie is the man!

And to think people said he has lost a step... LOL.

I really didn't understand what people got that from. He had one near 1000 yard season with awful quarterback play, and all of a sudden he has lost a lot. He had just had a great season the year before with a great QB.

Reggie is the man!

And to think people said he has lost a step... LOL.

I don't think he has lost a step at all. The man is one of the best route runners ever... and moving around only adds to his talent.

Reggie Wayne is on pace for a 2,000 yard season, and I'm at 600 posts which means I should hit 1,200 by the end of the season.

He's one of the greatest of all time. Something I remember about Wayne that people never talk about....

last year on THUR night football late in the year, we had to win to maybe keep Peyton in town. We won, he played like it was the Super Bowl, like he'd never wanted a win worse (until today). He was the whole show.... I knew why he was playing so hard. I appreciated it.

I LOVE THIS GUY. He's a legend. I hope I can shake his hand someday.

PUT THE MONEY IN THE BAG #87

Reggie again proved why he is one of the best WRs in the NFL. He might not have the best size or speed but as someone else said he's one of if not the best route runner in the NFL and he's got some of the best hands in the league.

It seems so silly to look back on the people who have said Reggie was just a product of Peyton or a product of playing on the other side of Marvin over the years. Reggie has had a Hall of Fame career and if nothing else earned a special place in my heart for staying for less when some others had a choice and left.

I think moving him around the line has reinvigorated him. He seems like he enjoys going in motion and lining up in the slot.

In my opinion, with his skillset, I think he is better suited for the #2 or slot WR spot. Not that a good WR needs it, but he doesn't have the speed, size, and agility to gain separation on these outstanding #1 corners (posts, streaks) but he does have the hands and route running to beat them on the short routes (curls, comebacks, cuts, ins, outs, crosses) which are mostly ran in the slot or #2

And everyone thought I was a derp when I drafted him in FF... Jokes on them.

He scored me one less point then Luck today.

There IS NOT A BETTER SET OF HANDS IN THE NFL. Period.

In todays game alone he had two catches that some wr's would love to have through out their careers. The one where he batted the ball to himself was phenomenal. Then the catch where he is kneeling down, I was for sure was incomplete. NOPE, not when Reggies around.

He may not be the biggest, fastest, tallest but when it comes to hands, that man is easily in top 5 of all wrs that I have personally seen.

1. Chris Carter

2. Jerry Rice

3. Marvin Harrison

3A. Reggie Wayne

Luck has the best thing a qb can ask for. A wr that will catch anything near him.

I love me some Reggie.... plus he had to show people that despite seasons of late, the Hurricanes put out darn good players.

Fyi Coach Pagano was with Reggie at the U

Reggie came up gimpy after the winning TD. Did adrenalene keep him from showing the true injury? I hope he didn't tear anything, even slightly. could set him back a couple weeks. Hopefully not and crossing fingers for Reggie, Mathis and all the guys who went down with injury. and those jerks in KC who cheered Castle getting hurt are a bunch of *. Like half the stadium.

Reggie came up gimpy after the winning TD. Did adrenalene keep him from showing the true injury? I hope he didn't tear anything, even slightly. could set him back a couple weeks. Hopefully not and crossing fingers for Reggie, Mathis and all the guys who went down with injury. and those jerks in KC who cheered Castle getting hurt are a bunch of *. Like half the stadium.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000078471/reggie-wayne-endures-severe-cramps-in-colts-win/

Just goes to show how tough Reggie is and we are very lucky to have someone of his caliber on this team.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think what makes this last game even more remarkable for both Reggie and Luck is that Charles Woodson was covering Reggie almost entirely man-to-man. Luck did not shy away from throwing at Woodson, and Reggie showed that he can get open against anyone. The Packers put their best defender on Reggie and he still had his best game ever. Gotta love it.

just when you think you can't love Reggie more he goes up for a seemingly impossible catch, he twists to the side and catches a ball that would break other receivers backs, AND then he stretches for the end zone ever mindful of where is on the field. Just fantastic, what a joy to watch! :luv:

I'm not old enough to have seen him play, but from the clips I've seen, I see a lot of similarities between Reggie and Steve Largent. Neither one has the size/speed ratio that makes scouts drool, but the skill level they play with, the route running, and the hands are legendary.

Reggie's just that darn good at football, and it'd be a shame if he doesn't make it in to the Hall of Fame. If he keeps tearing it up with Luck, it'll improve his chances dramatically because the major criticism I've seen from outsiders is that Wayne's a product of Peyton and, to a lesser extent, Marvin.