Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steven Jackson

NCost12

while I like Jackson he will be 30 years old come next season, either he has lost a major step or the Rams are applying a new blocking scheme or the O Line is not jelling like our isn't because Jackson is only averaging 3.1 ypc this season

I just had a thought........the Raiders converted to a Zone Blocking scheme with there O Line this year (the reason for Mcfaddens troubles running to this point at least several reports have came out that have said that it shows watching the games) Satele played for the Raiders obviously, maybe he is having trouble adjusting to Arians Power Blocking scheme, personally I would like to see us go to a Zone Blocking scheme because I think that fits our O Line seeing as how Mcglynn is agile for a big man as well as Castonzo, Satele and Reitz, Thoughts?

I just had a thought........the Raiders converted to a Zone Blocking scheme with there O Line this year (the reason for Mcfaddens troubles running to this point at least several reports have came out that have said that it shows watching the games) Satele played for the Raiders obviously, maybe he is having trouble adjusting to Arians Power Blocking scheme, personally I would like to see us go to a Zone Blocking scheme because I think that fits our O Line seeing as how Mcglynn is agile for a big man as well as Castonzo, Satele and Reitz, Thoughts?

Didn't we just switch from a zone blocking scheme?

I think that would be a bad move for our HBs, as they seem more of the man-blocking type of runners.

Didn't we just switch from a zone blocking scheme?

I think that would be a bad move for our HBs, as they seem more of the man-blocking type of runners.

Zone Blocking scheme last year with the old regime and Brown had 645 carries on 134 runs with that scheme for 4.8 ypc

One of the best backs to play in the last decade or so. He's absolutely a friggin beast but sadly, he wasted his career playing with the Rams. Ohhhh....what could've been.

Frankly, he is getting too old for a rebuilding team to entertain picking him up. Besides, Barry Sanders reincarnate couldn't produce behind this shoddy line of ours. I'd be far more inclined to target a few top-shelf veteran FA O-linemen.

Actually, thinking about it, if we can get him relatively cheap, we should go for it. I said no because our OL is so awful, there's little point in signing him, but SJax has still been great behind some awful Rams OLs. Again, if we get him cheap, I'd love it.

With Steven Jackson's brash hard hitting style of play, I doubt he has more than 2 years left in him. He's already showing signs of slowing down, and he's not performing. Better to stick with Brown then to bring in a "stranger" who peaked a whiile ago.

........ YES

So you like toast?...... j/k but I do think thats what Jackson is now. It's unfortunate, because he was one of the best RB's in the league in his prime, always respected him for sticking with the Rams, but he is just as used up now as Larry Johnson was when he got to the 'Skins..... poor guy