Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis calls Pagano "a man of men"

FireJimCaldwell

“That he’s a man of men,” Lewis said. “He’s a man that people want to aspire to be like. That when you grow up as a man, that when you’re around Chuck you realize that, you know what, if life offers nothing else it offered me the opportunity to be around a man. A true man.”

Not a fan of Florio, but that is where the comment came from:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/02/ray-lewis-joins-pft-on-nbc-sports-network/

I have REALLY come to respect Ray Lewis in the last 5 years. He may actually be my second most respected player behind Peyton. I know there is some controversy from some years ago, but quite frankly, I don't believe it. Ray Lewis seems to be a stand up guy who makes his teammates better than they are.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, October 3, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Superman, October 3, 2012 - off topic

I have REALLY come to respect Ray Lewis in the last 5 years. He may actually be my second most respected player behind Peyton. I know there is some controversy from some years ago, but quite frankly, I don't believe it. Ray Lewis seems to be a stand up guy who makes his teammates better than they are.

Forgive the thread drift, but what's not to believe? Ray was out in Atlanta with his posse, They were coming out of a club, there was some sort of confrontation with two other guys... someone, or multiple people from Ray's posse pulled knives and killed the other two guys. Those guys are dead.

There was lots of hiding behind lawyers and lots of bargaining.... but the bottom line is Ray skated and the guys who were charged with were found not guilty. So, two people were murdered and no one was held responsible.

Props to Ray Lewis for turning his life around. I think he's dedicated his life to do good things ever since.... and that's as it should be. That posse doesn't run with him anymore. Good.

But I still hold Lewis somewhat responsible... he may not have pulled the knife, but he ran with the wrong crowd and then he stalled a long time to protect himself before finally cutting his deal... and that delay didn't help the prosecution. So, for me, he's not entirely blameless.

I hope Lewis spends the rest of his life doing good things as he's down for the last 8-10 years.... he needs to...

Just my opinion and you may not share it.... I understand....

Forgive the thread drift, but what's not to believe? Ray was out in Atlanta with his posse, They were coming out of a club, there was some sort of confrontation with two other guys... someone, or multiple people from Ray's posse pulled knives and killed the other two guys. Those guys are dead.

There was lots of hiding behind lawyers and lots of bargaining.... but the bottom line is Ray skated and the guys who were charged with were found not guilty. So, two people were murdered and no one was held responsible.

Props to Ray Lewis for turning his life around. I think he's dedicated his life to do good things ever since.... and that's as it should be. That posse doesn't run with him anymore. Good.

But I still hold Lewis somewhat responsible... he may not have pulled the knife, but he ran with the wrong crowd and then he stalled a long time to protect himself before finally cutting his deal... and that delay didn't help the prosecution. So, for me, he's not entirely blameless.

I hope Lewis spends the rest of his life doing good things as he's down for the last 8-10 years.... he needs to...

Just my opinion and you may not share it.... I understand....

That's like trying to blame Reggie Miller for the pistons brawl. "He may not have thrown punches, but since he was teammates with O'neal, Artest and Jackson he's at fault for their actions since he couldn't control their free will.... Just cause I might roll with a certain group of people, does not mean I control what they do, when they do it.

Any time there is a high profile athlete/celebrity involved in something, they oftentimes get the blame shifted to them, fairly or not. Was he hanging out with the wrong people? Obviously, but I somehow doubt he kept them around on the basis that if anyone ever gave him hassle they were to kill them.

Any time there is a high profile athlete/celebrity involved in something, they oftentimes get the blame shifted to them, fairly or not. Was he hanging out with the wrong people? Obviously, but I somehow doubt he kept them around on the basis that if anyone ever gave him hassle they were to kill them.

while I don't think ray killed the men, he did cover up evidence. he "lost" the suit he was wearing between the crime scene and his hotel room. he also paid the families of the deceased. if the authorities had the evidence against you or I, we would have spent many years behind bars.

That's like trying to blame Reggie Miller for the pistons brawl. "He may not have thrown punches, but since he was teammates with O'neal, Artest and Jackson he's at fault for their actions since he couldn't control their free will.... Just cause I might roll with a certain group of people, does not mean I control what they do, when they do it.

Not the best analogy since Reggie couldn't pick his teammates, but Ray could and did pick his friends. Even though you can't control what your friends do, you absolutely can control who your friends are. And bad things tend to happen around you when you roll with low character people. It seems like Lewis has figured this out since that night.

while I don't think ray killed the men, he did cover up evidence. he "lost" the suit he was wearing between the crime scene and his hotel room. he also paid the families of the deceased. if the authorities had the evidence against you or I, we would have spent many years behind bars.

It was a high pressure situation. When someone else does something bad and it's going to come down on you, getting rid of as much evidence as possible is the natural reaction.

How dare he!

Ray may have made some mistakes early on, who hasn't, but he is the most inspiration leader in the NFL. He has the respect of pretty much everyone at this point in his career. Just watch him interact with current and former players...gives me the upmost respect for him. His Football Life in NFL Network is pretty awesome...

I'm going to go puke now for sounding like a Ravens fan.

It was a high pressure situation. When someone else does something bad and it's going to come down on you, getting rid of as much evidence as possible is the natural reaction.

its also illegal.. anyone who isn't a millionaire would go to jail for obstruction

Let me rephrase that.

“That he’s a man of men,” Lewis said. “He’s a man that people want to aspire to be like. That when you grow up as a man, that when you’re around Chuck you realize that, you know what, if life offers nothing else it offered me the opportunity to be around a man. A true man.”

Not a fan of Florio, but that is where the comment came from:

http://profootballta...sports-network/

he didn't do it out of kindness. it was a settlement made out of court.. he avoided being sued by settling

Because money is a great substitute for justice. As far as I'm concerned, they sold their sons corpse for an undisclosed amount.

its also illegal.. anyone who isn't a millionaire would go to jail for obstruction

I'm pretty sure it was part of his plea bargain when he testified against the two guys responsible for the crime.

You can't hold Ray responsible for what he did, just like you can't hold a parent responsible for what their kids do. Those grown men did those things, not Ray. Ray didnt do anything violent nor did he instigate any of the violence. The people responsible for the muders are the ones who did the killing. This isn't guilty by association.

If one of your friends was with you and pulled out a gun while at walmart and shot someone, are you responsible for that?

Put the blame on the people who actually did the crimes.

Read the topic! Everybody........let's keep slamming! These are the words: About our coach!

Ray is a bad man......he has overcome his days.....we can only hope and pray for Coach Pagano.....Chuck will kick leukemia's butt!

You can't hold Ray responsible for what he didn't do, just like you can't hold a parent responsible for what their kids do. Those grown men did those things, not Ray. Ray didnt do anything violent nor did he instigate any of the violence. The people responsible for the muders are the ones who did the killing. This isn't guilty by association.

If one of your friends was with you and pulled out a gun while at walmart and shot someone, are you responsible for that?

Put the blame on the people who actually did the crimes.

Fixed

You should really change this '

Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard' to 'Danny Armendola (or someone like that) vs. Dez Bryant'

You may not control what they do.... but what you do control is what ***you*** do...

And what did Lewis do? He wouldn't say who had done it... wouldn't cooperate with authorities.... he stalled and delayed until he could cover his own butt.... he stalled and delayed until he cut a deal for himself.

And by the time the smoke had cleared, it was much harder to prosecute those who had done the crime.

I'm not blaming Ray Lewis for the murder.... I'm blaming him in part for making the prosecution of the suspected murderers even harder.... and ultimately, no one paid the price for two murders. They got away with murder -- literally.

You may not control what they do.... but what you do control is what ***you*** do...

And what did Lewis do? He wouldn't say who had done it... wouldn't cooperate with authorities.... he stalled and delayed until he could cover his own butt.... he stalled and delayed until he cut a deal for himself.

And by the time the smoke had cleared, it was much harder to prosecute those who had done the crime.

I'm not blaming Ray Lewis for the murder.... I'm blaming him in part for making the prosecution of the suspected murderers even harder.... and ultimately, no one paid the price for two murders. They got away with murder -- literally.

He did what any average person would do? You trying to tell me wouldn't freak out, that you'd handle the situation perfectly and not screw up? How are you not going to try and cover your own butt? Unless any of you enjoy spending time in prison, I'm pretty sure each and everyone of you would do anything to stay out of it. Nobody is going to handle that situation perfectly. They're going to screw up just like everyone would. Not saying what he did was right, wrong or smart, but what he did was pretty normal.

To the topic - Nice to hear his word on Pagano. He'll be back in action before we know it.

PAGANO! Not Ray Lewis!

C'Mon man! Cris Carter.....Stop It...Mike Ditka....

Pray for Chuck Pagano. PLEASE! This thread is for COACH....not state pen vs Penn State!

We are with you coach! PAGANO!

So random yet so on point, lol.

MOD NOTE: This thread is about Ray Lewis' kind words regarding Chuck Pagano. I normally don't mind a thread growing a mind of its own, but given the circumstances, let's stay on topic. I've hidden several off-topic posts, and any further off-topic posts will be hidden as well. Thanks.

Y'all heard Superman... STAY ON TOPIC!!

My On-Topic Response: I've always Respected Ray Lewis. His & Pagano's Relationship was definitely a good one. I know he's upset about the Sickness of Pagano just as much as some of us are. I watched his "A Football Life" Segment on NFL Network & it just made me admire Ray Lewis even more

Ray's comments totally reinforce my first impression of Chuck Pagano....just a strong, straight-shooting, fair leader and a great guy. When Ray Lewis, an acknowledged team leader...and the NFL's most passionate and coalescing team leader says it, you can take it to the bank.

Chuck Pagano sounds like a man you'd truly love to have as a friend whether he coached football or fixed cars for a living.

Get well Chuck....we're praying for you!!

Ray's comments totally reinforce my first impression of Chuck Pagano....just a strong, straight-shooting, fair leader and a great guy. When Ray Lewis, an acknowledged team leader...and the NFL's most passionate and coalescing team leader says it, you can take it to the bank.

Chuck Pagano sounds like a man you'd truly love to have as a friend whether he coached football or fixed cars for a living.

Get well Chuck....we're praying for you!!

You always say great things! Thank you! I am out of likes....but need to show proof.....:)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Read the topic! Everybody........let's keep slamming! These are the words: About our coach!

Ray is a bad man......he has overcome his days.....we can only hope and pray for Coach Pagano.....Chuck will kick leukemia's butt!

I've said from the start and am going to keep saying cancer bite off more than it can chew in Pagano. I think he's going to kick it's butt so bad it's going to be sorry it ever messed with him!