Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

friendly forum wager

GoColtsGo5150

Freeney/Mathis combine for 6 sacks - 4 paper and 2 plastic

Zibby and Davis beat Brandon Marshall.....with Devin Hester

Fleener takes Peppers out for the year on a cut block - serves him pancakes afterward

After an appalling first half of football, Lovie Smith is dismissed; Mike Ditka coaches the 2nd half.

When its apparent the Colts running game isn't going to get it done, Albert Bentley comes out of retirement.

a botched FG attempt leads to -8 yds rushing for Vinatieri, which is 8 yards less than Walter Payton's total for the game.

after keeping it a secret the whole offseason, Chicago brings back the "Honey Bears".....at half time someone's hair catches on fire and the Bears are cheerleader-less for another year

TY Hilton and Brian Urlacher do battle during pre-game warm-ups; Hilton wins in 2nd via TKO...serves waffles, much to the dismay of the Bears defense

After a hard fought defensive battle, Luck walks in the winning run in the 9th; Bears win 1-0

===============================

I think out of all those, the most probable is a Honey Bear catching on fire. :P

Freeney/Mathis combine for 6 sacks - 4 paper and 2 plastic

Zibby and Davis beat Brandon Marshall.....with Devin Hester

Fleener takes Peppers out for the year on a cut block - serves him pancakes afterward

After an appalling first half of football, Lovie Smith is dismissed; Mike Ditka coaches the 2nd half.

When its apparent the Colts running game isn't going to get it done, Albert Bentley comes out of retirement.

a botched FG attempt leads to -8 yds rushing for Vinatieri, which is 8 yards less than Walter Payton's total for the game.

after keeping it a secret the whole offseason, Chicago brings back the "Honey Bears".....at half time someone's hair catches on fire and the Bears are cheerleader-less for another year

TY Hilton and Brian Urlacher do battle during pre-game warm-ups; Hilton wins in 2nd via TKO...serves waffles, much to the dismay of the Bears defense

After a hard fought defensive battle, Luck walks in the winning run in the 9th; Bears win 1-0

===============================

I think out of all those, the most probable is a Honey Bear catching on fire. :P

I was going to write the same thing, you beat me to it.

Pancakes

You are a Colts fan correct? No positive prediction for the Colts? Or is holding Forte to 125 yds and 2 tds a positive to you?

I agree with Jvan. We're getting gashed on the ground. The OP asked "I would like to know what you feel will happen in tomorrows game. Any prediction at all?" He didn't ask what positives do you predict for the Colts. There's nothing wrong with objectivity. My own prediction is that Marshall is going to tear us apart.

Luck is going to have a stellar premier.

Our running game will struggle.

Our defense will create turnovers after getting pushed down the field.

Our pash rush up the middle will be very effective.

I agree with Jvan. We're getting gashed on the ground. The OP asked "I would like to know what you feel will happen in tomorrows game. Any prediction at all?" He didn't ask what positives do you predict for the Colts. There's nothing wrong with objectivity. My own prediction is that Marshall is going to tear us apart.

Luck is going to have a stellar premier.

Our running game will struggle.

Our defense will create turnovers after getting pushed down the field.

Our pash rush up the middle will be very effective.

I understand what you are saying, and I don't want some exaggerated claims of what the Colts might do, but this being a Colts fan forum I would think it would be nice to hear about what we might actually do instead of what the other team might do to us. Kinda sends a more positive vibe into the room if you know what I mean. But to each their own.

Chicago's a wierd team. I keep thinking that their offense is lousy but they somehow managed to score 30+ points six times last year despite Cutler's issues. One would think that they will be better this year. They also have a much better pass rush than we have offensive line. Not a good combination.

I suspect that our defense will get a couple of turnovers and show just enough to keep us optimistic - while getting pushed relentlessly down the field. I think that Luck will spend the entire day running for his life. He will doubtless make some terrific plays, but not enough to keep the game interesting all the way through. My hope for the game is that he remembers to SLIDE when trying to make something out of nothing.

I understand what you are saying, and I don't want some exaggerated claims of what the Colts might do, but this being a Colts fan forum I would think it would be nice to hear about what we might actually do instead of what the other team might do to us. Kinda sends a more positive vibe into the room if you know what I mean. But to each their own.

Why don't you start your own thread and ask specifically for "what positives for the Colt's do you think will come out of this game". My post would have been completely different. The OP asked for nothing of the kind.

Having someone try to bully me into being a disingenuous cheerleader for a team rated by the most optimistic expert at no better than the bottom 1/4 of the league is extremely annoying and inappropriate.

And yes, I'm a Colts fan. During the previous era I would have offered a detailed projection of how the Colts were about to dissect and spit out their opponent - because that's what I honestly expected to happen.

Why don't you start your own thread and ask specifically for "what positives for the Colt's do you think will come out of this game". My post would have been completely different. The OP asked for nothing of the kind.

Having someone try to bully me into being a disingenuous cheerleader for a team rated by the most optimistic expert at no better than the bottom 1/4 of the league is extremely annoying and inappropriate.

And yes, I'm a Colts fan. During the previous era I would have offered a detailed projection of how the Colts were about to dissect and spit out their opponent - because that's what I honestly expected to happen.

Yes sir! So sorry to offend!

I predict the Bears are not nearly as good as many Colts fans seem to think they are for some reason.

I predict that when the Bears look average at best, many Colts fans will try to pretend that they knew all along that they were not that good.

I predict that when Vonte keeps Marshall in check many Colts fans will be eating their words.

And I predict that I may very well be wrong about these predictions, but at least I have a little more confidence in my team than most other fans do.

If we dont break Containment on runs to the outside and force Forte to string them out and if we stick to running the ball enough to keep the Bears pass rush honest and make sure tackles (no diving for a players feet) then we can keep the game close even win, and we should not give Hester a chance to return a Punt or kickoff

I predict the Bears are not nearly as good as many Colts fans seem to think they are for some reason.

I predict that when the Bears look average at best, many Colts fans will try to pretend that they knew all along that they were not that good.

I predict that when Vonte keeps Marshall in check many Colts fans will be eating their words.

And I predict that I may very well be wrong about these predictions, but at least I have a little more confidence in my team than most other fans do.

You know I don't think that they are "that" good either. Third place in their division and on the edge of the wild-card battle again is about the best that I would expect. It all comes down to whether Cutler beats the opposition or whether he beats the Bears.

The thing is, I've never taken the Bears that seriously. Much like the Ravens, they are a team that has a general reputation of having a terrifying and overwhelming defense - but I didn't see it because they didn't match up well against the Colts. The "tricks" that led to sacks against other teams were just opportunities for Peyton. Without those tricks their defenses looked no tougher than the Jaguars, and their plodding offenses went no-where - pretty darn slowly.

However Peyton isn't here, and I have a bad feeling that we are about to find out what the rest of the league already knows. If Davis plays like a star and we get a LOT of pressure on Cutler, who knows what may happen. But if Cutler has a good game, it could get very ugly.

And that's not even talking about their running game against our partially formed / experimental front seven - missing multiple key pieces.

Edited by MAC

You know I don't think that they are "that" good either. Third place in their division and on the edge of the wild-card battle again is about the best that I would expect. It all comes down to whether Cutler beats the opposition or whether he beats the Bears.

The thing is, I've never taken the Bears that seriously. Much like the Ravens, they are a team that has a general reputation of having a terrifying and overwhelming defense - but I didn't see it because they didn't match up well against the Colts. The "tricks" that led to sacks against other teams were just opportunities for Peyton. Without those tricks their defenses looked no tougher than the Jaguars, and their plodding offenses went no-where - pretty darn slowly.

However Peyton isn't here, and I have a bad feeling that we are about to find out what the rest of the league already knows. If Davis plays like a star and we get a LOT of pressure on Cutler, who knows what may happen. But if Cutler has a good game, it could get very ugly.

And that's not even talking about their running game against our partially formed / experimental front seven - missing multiple key pieces.

I really don't know what to expect from this game, but I have never been the least bit impressed with Cutler. I think all a team has to do is rattle him once or twice and he's pretty much worthless the rest of the game. I also think their defense has been living off of reputation for the last couple yrs., more than anything else. Yeah, they have Peppers, but if the Colts can account for him, the rest of their line is average IMO. Urlacher and Briggs are getting a little long in the tooth and Urlacher is coming off surgery so he may not be very effective. I don't know, maybe Im just under estimating them, but they don't worry me at all. Not saying we'll win, but I don't think it will be easy for them like a lot of people seem to think it will be.

Jerry Hughes has 2 sacks

Freeney and Mathis have 2 sacks each

Davis picks off Cutler

Luck throws for 321 yards and 3 TD's with a pick

Brown runs for 85 yards and has a catch for 15 yards

Ballard runs for 56 yards and a TD

Allen has 4 catches for 44 yards and a TD

Wayne has 8 catches for 112 yards and a TD

Fleener has 5 catches for 45 yards and a TD

Hilton and Brazil combine for 103 yards

Avery has a catch for

Luck is sacked 5 times

Forte runs for 133 yards and 2 TD's

Cutler ends up with 356 yards and 3 TD's with a pick

We lose 35-31

What other teams "do to us" IS what we're doing.....I guess is the point.

I'm as positive as anyone....but I'm also a football nut and a very objective person. I love my Colts and my fellow fans....so let's not take it in a sore way when people point out potential issues with our young club.

This is going to be a hard year.