Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coby Fleener really needs to work on his hands

Mouthfire

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry at this time maybe it's confidence issues. Hopefully more time on the field will help that. I think after a few games and more time he will adjust.

As posted above he looks at what is coming after him rather than watching the ball coming to him. JMO of course.

Welcome to the NFL Fleenor buck up buddy you can do it.

I will only be worried if he continues to do it during the regular season.

He is a rookie and the pre-season doesn't matter

Well he dropped passes all of camp and that continued to the preseason. So there is a good chance it will continue into the regular season but i certainly hope that it does not.

Little concerned with just how lost in general the guy looks on the field. Allen is the better of the 2 in my opinion.

I think it's more of a fear of getting hit than it is his hands. He seems timid crossing over the middle with a linebacker sprinting at him. Needs to get over it quick.

That's exactly what happened last night when he dropped that one right down the middle. He saw the LB coming in on him before he broke on the route and never had a chance.

That's exactly what happened last night when he dropped that one right down the middle. He saw the LB coming in on him before he broke on the route and never had a chance.

same as last week...and the week before. Just needs to get tougher mentally. I think he'll hurdle it eventually.

Well he dropped passes all of camp and that continued to the preseason. So there is a good chance it will continue into the regular season but i certainly hope that it does not.

Little concerned with just how lost in general the guy looks on the field. Allen is the better of the 2 in my opinion.

That is a possibility, so far it doesn't look like he has gotten the speed change from college to the NFL while Allen has.

Which I guess is why a lot of people had Allen over Fleener, but I expect him to grow throughout the season like most rookies do

Allen was named the Best TE in all Of Football one of his years. So he should be better right now. Give Fleener time, i'm sure not all good TE's came out Blazing their Rookie year. Look at Jimmy Graham, he was an unknown for a while and then just burst onto the scene.

Allen was named the Best TE in all Of Football one of his years. So he should be better right now. Give Fleener time, i'm sure not all good TE's came out Blazing their Rookie year. Look at Jimmy Graham, he was an unknown for a while and then just burst onto the scene.

He won it this past season

Edit: That's why a few people were shocked that the Best TE slipped to the 3rd

I think it's more of a fear of getting hit than it is his hands. He seems timid crossing over the middle with a linebacker sprinting at him. Needs to get over it quick.

I think he's doing a lot of thinking and a bit of nerves. Kids going to be fine I believe!

I will only be worried if he continues to do it during the regular season.

He is a rookie and the pre-season doesn't matter

I agree... It is obvious to me that he is "thinking" way too much and not playing instinctively.

He will get it sooner or later.

I didn't get the game in my area last night. :( How'd he do last night catching & blocking wise? Think his blocking needs some tweaks too imo

He is dropping balls in practice and last night he dropped a "bunny" and the very next play Luck hit him again and he caught it... for a ten or so yard gain.

He will be fine.

He is dropping balls in practice and last night he dropped a "bunny" and the very next play Luck hit him again and he caught it... for a ten or so yard gain.

He will be fine.

Well from that standpoint, looks like he's just inconsistent. Something that can be fixed. Like you said, he'll be Fine

yea i agree, he looks like he has lost sojme confidence or something... also he looks like he is afraid to get hit.. maybe thats just tme but there is something everytime he drops the ball that i dont like...

but hey im a positive, im thinking once he settles into a game he will be fine.

I think Fleener has Talent and is more of a mental player than a physical player and he hasn't gotten over the mental aspect of the difference between college and the NFL.

It will take him time to do that and I think once he "gets it" he will be a beast, but there is a very real chance that he may never "get it"

Allen has always been the better TE even coming out of college. I think like Garcon Fleener will come into his own and make plays for this team, his plays in college do t lie I think he just needs to be more involved in the offense that's all

I think its just confidence and trusting himself. I think once he really gets comfortable well start to see him come around. Some guys can come in right away and produce and some guys cant even though hes pretty talentd but that doesnt always mean thier guarenteed to come in put numbers up right away. Lets give him time before we start saying too much.

Tight End isn't a position rookies usually have a ton of success at; it usually takes 1-2 years to get there. Allen's more polished than most rookie TE's, so I think that's throwing the curve a little bit, so to speak. What Dwayne's doing is the exception. Fleener will be fine with some more time and experience.

Hopefully thats all it is, but you would think Luck would be the one guy he should never drop passes from.

Different Field, Different Ball, Different Uniform, Gloves, Logo, Name, Hairstyle, & Speed of the Game. Fleener is simply just adjusting to the "New" Enviorment lol

Allen was open on ALL of those throws to Fleener. Think Luck may have an agenda there for his ole buddy from Stanford? Allen has clearly outplayed him in all aspect of the game so far. There was plenty of time for Luck to make all the reads, too. He simply CHOSE Fleener over Allen. Hope this kind of stuff doesn't happen during regular season.

Good Ole Boy system alive and well......

Allen was open on ALL of those throws to Fleener. Think Luck may have an agenda there for his ole buddy from Stanford? Allen has clearly outplayed him in all aspect of the game so far. There was plenty of time for Luck to make all the reads, too. He simply CHOSE Fleener over Allen. Hope this kind of stuff doesn't happen during regular season.

Good Ole Boy system alive and well......

He just has bias because he has so much chemistry with Fleener. I doubt its an agenda. I'm sure as the season goes on it will change, especially if Fleener keeps dropping passes.