Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Roster moves] Colts waive seven players

MTC

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/51-Colts-Make-Roster-Moves/f473fd4e-1d53-4e0a-8f99-dba2a3ecb3d4

INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Colts today waived linebacker Jermaine Grace, running back Matt Jones, wide receiver Justice Liggins, nose tackle Joey Mbu, defensive end Arthur Miley and linebacker Darnell Sankey. The team also waived-injured defensive tackle Johnathan Calvin. If Calvin clears waivers, he will revert to the Colts Injured Reserve List.

4 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Guess Chris Ballard wasn’t as high on Matt Jones as he claimed he was in that interview 

Naturally GMs and coaches are going to talk up players. What do you expect?  They sure are not going to come out and say they are junk or a bad player. These players can move on to different teams and the GM and coaches are not going to ruin future opportunities for them to get another job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Naturally GMs and coaches are going to talk up players. What do you expect?  They sure are not going to come out and say they are junk or a bad player. These players can move on to different teams and the GM and coaches are not going to ruin future opportunities for them to get another job.

I know they won’t bad mouth them. But the question that was asked to Ballard was just a general question on how he felt about the RB group. He named Mack, Jones, & Ferguson. Left out Turbin so I thought that spelled bad news for Turbin. 

Its just a shock to see Jones cut after being named like that. Even said they had a role for him going forward. Guess the unemployment line was the role he had in mind :dunno:

4 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I know they won’t bad mouth them. But the question that was asked to Ballard was just a general question on how he felt about the RB group. He named Mack, Jones, & Ferguson. Left out Turbin so I thought that spelled bad news for Turbin. 

Its just a shock to see Jones cut after being named like that. Even said they had a role for him going forward. Guess the unemployment line was the role he had in mind :dunno:

Yeah I guess Jones and his turn over issue may have played a part in getting cut. I always thought he was a pretty good runner but the turn overs were a concern no doubt.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

The context that you're missing is he volunteered the info, he was not asked about Jones. I remember the press conference and while I'm not shocked since t(he)y drafted Himes and Wilkins.

It seems in Himes FR gets his Sproles and in Wilkins CB gets his Forte. So that just leaves the bruiser between Jones (cut), Turbin and Michael.....

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think the two seventh round LBers have a shot to make it.  I see Walker as the only LB returning from last year.

I think Jeremiah George flashed a bit last year and could see him fitting in the new system a bit more. He was consistently in on plays when he was on the field.

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

The context that you're missing is he volunteered the info, he was not asked about Jones. I remember the press conference and while I'm not shocked since t(he)y drafted Himes and Wilkins.

It seems in Himes FR gets his Sproles and in Wilkins CB gets his Forte. So that just leaves the bruiser between Jones (cut), Turbin and Michael.....

I really didn't miss anything.

The way GMs and coaches talk about players is all just GM/coach speak. They all do it.

A GM/coach is not going to publically be negative about any players they talk about. They do not want to give the impression they don't have the players backs. That is one of the problems Grigson and the Colts player had. The players knew that Grigson didn't have their backs and most of them disliked him for it. Especially  Boom Stick, he hated him.

On 5/1/2018 at 10:33 AM, DougDew said:

I think the two seventh round LBers have a shot to make it.  I see Walker as the only LB returning from last year.

While watching Hines tape vs the Cuse I stopped the game to see who #4 in orange was. It was Franklin He was in on some plays but the one that got me was him running Hines down to save a TD. He has the speed I've been dying to see from our LB's. 

I think George has a good shot at the roster He should've seen more time last year IMO. I wouldn't count out Perry either when looking at guys from last year looking to make the roster. He looks like a fit at SAM. He can do more then Morrison there. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 9:31 AM, Scott Pennock said:

Good post....   but in listing the candidates, you accidentally left off an important one.....

Marlon Mack...

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good post....   but in listing the candidates, you accidentally left off an important one.....

Marlon Mack...

My bad....the assumption was Mack, Himes, Wilkins and a battle between Turbin and Michael for the short yardage back.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, akcolt said:

While watching Hines tape vs the Cuse I stopped the game to see who #4 in orange was. It was Franklin He was in on some plays but the one that got me was him running Hines down to save a TD. He has the speed I've been dying to see from our LB's. 

I think George has a good shot at the roster He should've seen more time last year IMO. I wouldn't count out Perry either when looking at guys from last year looking to make the roster. He looks like a fit at SAM. He can do more then Morrison there. 

They are saying Mike for Franklin, but I feel Will may be the better thing for him.  What do you think?

On 5/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, krunk said:

Interested to see what they do with Perry from Ohio State.

I heard on the radio they want to see him at DE. I thought he'd be a SAM.

On 5/3/2018 at 12:40 PM, krunk said:

They are saying Mike for Franklin, but I feel Will may be the better thing for him.  What do you think?

If the plan is Leonard at Will maybe that has something to do with the decision. He could play either spot but agree with you he might be better at Will. I think Goode will be Mike with Leonard at Will and there will be a fight for SAM. I wouldn't be surprised if George took that spot. He can run and is good enough in coverage to match up vs TE's. He looked good blitzing last season.