Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 Sack Leader

DaColts85

Oh and I forgot but I think JJ Watt is going to get the sack title for 2017.  I am saying the number for him this year will be 20.5 sacks. Right behind him I will say Von Miller with 17.5 sacks. 

That line they have is going to be dangerous as well if Watt stays healthy.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It wont be Derek Rivers. Remember how many people wanted him over Basham, Pats took him and he is done for the season - ACL Tear. I will say Von Miller.

Didn't the Pats want Basham over Rivers? I remember reading about it. They took Rivers because we took Basham.

I"m going to say that Joey Bosa hits his stride and wins it or takes second place this year.  He missed 4 games at the beginning of last year with his hold out AND was injured early in training camp so his start was slow.  He finished with 10 1/2 sacks.  He could surprise, especially as the D around him is improving.

JJ Watt. He plays against our o-line twice a year (with our backup of our backup center), and against young QB's in Blake Bortles and Marcus Mariota. It's obvious to me. I don't see how he isn't, unless it's a devastating injury.

33 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

JJ Watt. He plays against our o-line twice a year (with our backup of our backup center), and against young QB's in Blake Bortles and Marcus Mariota. It's obvious to me. I don't see how he isn't, unless it's a devastating injury.

The Colts have defensed JJ Watt pretty good since he came into the league. I haven't looked up the numbers but he hasn't done all that well even before we drafted Kelly. That is one area where our defensive schemes have worked.

I'll go with a Vikings player, DE Danielle Hunter. Hunter had 12.5 sacks in 2016 as a rotational player off the bench. He will be a starter this year. I expect him to be even better. He is only 22. The sky is the limit for him.

On 8/18/2017 at 7:43 PM, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I"m going to say that Joey Bosa hits his stride and wins it or takes second place this year.  He missed 4 games at the beginning of last year with his hold out AND was injured early in training camp so his start was slow.  He finished with 10 1/2 sacks.  He could surprise, especially as the D around him is improving.

Bosa is going to be so good. He is about the closest thing to another JJ Watt type of player.

9 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I Love watching JJ Watt play - he is just as pure a player as there is in the game.  He flat out loves the game and never quits.  I hope he's able to make it all the way back.

Never before has the term "high motor" fit a better player. He's the very definition of it, especially when his nose is busted open with blood pouring out, yet he doesn't even seem to notice and is pumping up teammates.

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

I'd go with Miller or Watt, depending on health... 

One of these guys will end up with 20+ sacks in 2017. 

Probably a safe bet, but if teams double these guys, it may limit them.    Still doesn't make them less effective in the big picture.   I'd love to have a player who demands double teams on the Colts.   Frees up the rest.