Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck

Steamboat_Shaun

I know this thread has been here for a few days but I really haven't given this topic much thought. I am not really worried about Luck I guess is what I am saying. I haven't heard anything super negative and he has the best doctors/trainers in the world. The Starters generally play the 3rd Preseason game, I guess if he doesn't play in that game I will be a tad worried. That is still way off.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ratking said:

People are gonna say I am "freaking out" but I assume luck is gonna miss 3-6 games at this point. Not working out and not throwing as long as he has I bet he is gonna need some serious time to get back into playing shape... Assuming his surgically repaired shoulder isn't going to needed a follow up procedure or something... At least it's a rebuild year anyways. 

He had arthroscopic surgery.  You make it sound like he blew out his shoulder.

1 hour ago, Ratking said:

People are gonna say I am "freaking out" but I assume luck is gonna miss 3-6 games at this point. Not working out and not throwing as long as he has I bet he is gonna need some serious time to get back into playing shape... Assuming his surgically repaired shoulder isn't going to needed a follow up procedure or something... At least it's a rebuild year anyways. 

He had arthroscopic surgery.  You make it sound like he blew out his shoulder.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't think that was every said by anyone.      Not Ballard or Pagano.

I've never seen that from a writer who covers the Colts on any website.

If you're asking fans here to believe that,  then you better offer a link or something.....     because I don't think there's anything to back that up....

It was mentioned by Dr. Chao, and reported on twitter and Coltswire-

http://coltswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/10/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-throwing-july/

He was expected to miss OTA's and mini camp, but could potentially be throwing by July.  He could easily start out on the PUP list too.  Lucks rehab progression will determine how quickly they ramp up the throws and getting back into football shape.

**Former NFL team doctor and current sports medical analyst for Sirius XM Radio David J. Chao believes Luck will begin throwing this summer.**

"Yes, should be close to ready by then. Depending on type and size of repair, usually throwing by 6 months at latest."

David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc) April 8, 2017

Having had 3 shoulder surgeries, 2 on my throwing shoulder, Andrew has not thrown because hes not ready to. I play on a travel softball team thats plays all over the US. I have done 2 rehabs now on the last part of the 3rd rehab. Heres what I know.

1. For those he think Andrew has lost weight and or body mass, or has poor body language. All true after the surgery you have lost close to all strength in the shoulder. You obviously favor it and real rehab, weights, stretching, movement skills and such start about 2 weeks after surgery. 

2. Weights are ridiculously light like 2 pounds to start!! Stretching and movement skills are painful but necessary to regain full function and mobility

3 As time goes on the amount of weight is increased very slowing not to inflame or damage the shoulder. A lot of icing is preferred multiply times a day.

4 The reason Andrew looks smaller is because he is not doing the same amount of weight training. Your not even allowed to run or jog for 4 to 6 weeks.

5. During this process of adding weight, you can expect it to take 8 to 12 weeks IF everything goes perfect. Which it doesn't.

6. When he has good range of motion and some of his strength back he begin throwing activities coupled with stretching, weights, icing etc. Throwing activities is not throwing, its weighed balls, simulating a throwing motion, medicine balls, possibly throwing it onto a ball bounce device. Again not really throwing.

7. During this process you will break up SOME scare tissue, but not much. this process is usually around week 16 to 20.

8. Typically around month 5 to 6 you start a throwing program. a scripted number of throws, like 20 at a VERY short distance. The first fee throws are so off  the target usually miss by many feet away from the target because you have lost ALL muscle memory. You will do this for another month or 2 gradually increasing distance and velocity. AS you do this you will have metal blocks, breaking up of scare tissue which is painful, and setbacks ie pain. While doing all this stretching, weights and flexibility drills continue to gain more strength back. And lots of Icing.

9. I am currently at a little over 6 months,  i can hit a ball, my throwing is limited, still doing a throwing program, and shoulder gets tired easily. I still experience pain & or tightness with certain arm motions, weight training, have not regained full strength back yet, and some weight training I still can't do. or use much less weight than I did. Andrew is at a little over 4 months!

10. My experience is you don't regain, full strength until a year. I would say Andrew STARTS throwing in the end of July to August. Thats when he starts throwing. If I had to bet, I think he plays in Late Sept, but probably Oct.

11 And the OL had better protect him because, the shoulder will not be full strength.What Andrew has going for him, he is younger than me, full time attention from trainers & medical staff, and many adoring fans, lets hope he is well soon.

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The initial word back in Mid-January when Luck had hs surgery was that he'd be throwing in roughly three months...       that's mid-April....     and be back 100 percent by the start of camp...   that's late July.

They're not sayibng that anymore.       

For roughly two months now all they've been saying is that the team won't put a time table on Luck and he's back whenever he's back.

Now, yesterday,   they say he's not throwing.     So, he's nearly two months behind schedule.     That's not good.

It may not be terrible,   but it's clearly not good.

Well, Having surgery is never a good thing. But I'm not worried yet if he starts to miss a lot of regular season games then maybe a little worry might set.

1. IND - QB Andrew Luck healing well

Source: ESPN.com - Mike Wells

Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck (shoulder) is healing well, and he's still expected to be ready for the season, according to owner Jim Irsay. 'He was really struggling going through the process of being ready to play (each week last season),' Irsay said. 'This was, quite frankly, not that complicated of a surgery. This was a simple labrum repair. There are a lot of other things that could have been involved with this surgery that weren't.'

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

The first rule of any news story is "consider the source". This is Jim Irsay talking. Meaning we don't put a lot into this. To be fair though, most all reports have been positive about Luck, but expect the team to take it easy on their superstar quarterback as they prepare him for the rigors of the 2017 season. If healthy, Luck can easily be a QB1 for fantasy owners and perhaps lead the Colts to the playoffs. But understand he's got some healing to do.

2 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Good thing this is a no expectations year for us considering our coach is a lameduck. Regardless of record Pagano will be let go. Let's just hope we see improvement from all our layers. 

You have no clue what will happen with Pagano and for you to say he will be let go is total nonsense.

20 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Good thing this is a no expectations year for us considering our coach is a lameduck. Regardless of record Pagano will be let go. Let's just hope we see improvement from all our layers. 

If Colts miss the playoffs again then yes, Pagano will be gone. If they make playoffs, I think it will be close call. If they make playoffs and win a game or two Pagano will definitely be back. JMO.

1 hour ago, Dudley Smith said:

If Colts miss the playoffs again then yes, Pagano will be gone. If they make playoffs, I think it will be close call. If they make playoffs and win a game or two Pagano will definitely be back. JMO.

Just because a team makes the playoffs doesn't mean the coach is worth keeping.

20 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You have no clue what will happen with Pagano and for you to say he will be let go is total nonsense.

Chris Ballard isn't going to leave his legacy as an NFL GM up to Chuck Pagano any longer than he has to. Barring a SB appearance, Pagano's likely gone come Black Monday next offseason.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Chris Ballard isn't going to leave his legacy as an NFL GM up to Chuck Pagano any longer than he has to. Barring a SB appearance, Pagano's likely gone come Black Monday next offseason.

You still don't have a clue as to what Pagano will do or wont do. That has yet to be determined.

You also don't have a clue on what Ballard will do either.

48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You still don't have a clue as to what Pagano will do or wont do. That has yet to be determined.

You know you could just give it the old eye test and go with your gut right?

55 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No one really cares what Pagano does.  Most "see between the lines " type people can tell that Pags is dunfer in Indy after this courtesy year.  Ballard isn't going to let a clown turn his built football team into a circus was 

On 6/12/2017 at 7:35 PM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Regardless of record Pagano will be let go.

18 hours ago, Dudley Smith said:

If Colts miss the playoffs again then yes, Pagano will be gone.

16 hours ago, BOTT said:

Just because a team makes the playoffs doesn't mean the coach is worth keeping.

15 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

13 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

No one really cares what Pagano does.  Most "see between the lines " type people can tell that Pags is dunfer in Indy after this courtesy year.  Ballard isn't going to let a clown turn his built football team into a circus was 

You guys are all assuming that there will be a better HC than Pagano available once he is fired.  You don't just fire your HC if there aren't any better options available.  What if Pagano IS our best option next year?

I'm assuming all the top-tier coaches are going to keep their jobs, so who will be the savior that replaces Chuck?  Is that coach already on our staff, or are we keeping our fingers crossed that a future HoF coach is going to fall into our lap in the offseason?

With that said, if we have a losing record this year, I can see Irsay/Ballard firing Chuck and rolling the dice with a new HC, regardless of who's available.

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You guys are all assuming that there will be a better HC than Pagano available once he is fired.  You don't just fire your HC if there aren't any better options available.  What if Pagano IS our best option next year?

I'm assuming all the top-tier coaches are going to keep their jobs, so who will be the savior that replaces Chuck?  Is that coach already on our staff, or are we keeping our fingers crossed that a future HoF coach is going to fall into our lap in the offseason?

With that said, if we have a losing record this year, I can see Irsay/Ballard firing Chuck and rolling the dice with a new HC, regardless of who's available.

It's been pretty well-documented that Ballard wants to bring in Dave Toub from KC.

16 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's been pretty well-documented that Ballard wants to bring in Dave Toub from KC.

Well documented? Where? The only place I have even heard or seen a rumor is right here in this forum by members who have an opinion or speculate.

Please post a link or article to prove your point.

3 hours ago, Ratking said:

Luck to fans.... 

“They don’t need to have any concerns about their quarterback,” he said. “It’ll be all right

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2017/06/14/Indianapolis-Colts-coach-Chuck-Pagano-No-timetable-on-Andrew-Luck-return-from-injury/4001497422366

Hmmmmm..... 

Luck is gonna be just fine. 

As with Luck previous official team replies from last season of downplaying the severity of his shoulder, I would be concern about how ready he will be and when. Could be looking at Number 1 pick next season and new HC if he's out for a significant period of time.

28 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

All this means exactly zero at this point. Someone starts a rumor and then the rest run with it. That is how the media works. How many rumors were there when it was said Pagano would be fired?

If Pagano makes a run into the playoffs he will not be fired no matter how many rumors are floating around.

Coaches get fired after playoff runs all the time. Dungy got fired after a wild card loss in Tampa, John Fox got fired after losing to the Colts in the divisional round in 2014, Marty Schottenheimer got fired after going 14-2, Jim Harbaugh got canned after 3 playoff seasons in 4 years. It's very common for NFL coaches to get relieved of their duties even if they make the playoffs.

59 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Coaches get fired after playoff runs all the time. Dungy got fired after a wild card loss in Tampa, John Fox got fired after losing to the Colts in the divisional round in 2014, Marty Schottenheimer got fired after going 14-2, Jim Harbaugh got canned after 3 playoff seasons in 4 years. It's very common for NFL coaches to get relieved of their duties even if they make the playoffs.

None of them worked for Irsay.

7 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's not assuming a lot.  Chuck is just a guy.....easily replaceable guy. There is a chance the colts hire someone who isn't much of an improvement, but I think the chances of hiring someone worse is pretty slim.

Chuck wasn't the best choice this year and he won't be the best choice next year.

Don't rush your mate to have relations.

Don't rush your kids to get their drivers license.

Don't rush your dentist.

Don't rush your proctologist.

Don't rush Luck's recoup time. With modern medical technology he could play in to his forties.

33 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

None of them worked for Irsay.

That's irrelevant. Ultimately Irsay will like leave it up to Ballard. He let Grigson fire Jim Caldwell one year after a Super Bowl appearance, so I can't see him standing in the way if Ballard wants to bring his own guy in.

41 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's irrelevant. Ultimately Irsay will like leave it up to Ballard. He let Grigson fire Jim Caldwell one year after a Super Bowl appearance, so I can't see him standing in the way if Ballard wants to bring his own guy in.

That is your opinion. It's not fact.

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My man most of us are thinking he's going to take a coordinator and turn him into the HC.  Kind of like how every head coach becomes a head coach 

5 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm pretty sure CrazyColt is actually Pagano at this point.  That explains the username at least.