Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Mutual interest between Colts and Andre Johnson (merge)

Dustin

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then no. hes 34 and on the decline

Eh... I wouldn't say he's declining. Houston hasn't been using him productively as of late, they are wanting to move forward with Deandre Hopkins. He still has a few solid years of play left and 6 million a year is only roughly 2 million more a year than Hakeem Nicks. AJ would be much more productive than Nicks.

He has produce consistently, every year with terrible QB play. He had a great season for a guy "on the decline" last year especially considering the Texans made it a point to feature Hopkins.

you wanna give 6-7 million dollars to an aging wr who is gonna be around a max of 2 years

Eh... I wouldn't say he's declining. Houston hasn't been using him productively as of late, they are wanting to move forward with Deandre Hopkins. He still has a few solid years of play left and 6 million a year is only roughly 2 million more a year than Hakeem Nicks. AJ would be much more productive than Nicks.

isnt that what was said about nicks that he would be more productive then DHB? how did that work out

Oh boy, what a rub it'd be to Houston if we got him. My only issue is his age and what he has left like Reggie.

Yeah, it would be akin to Manning going to Houston or Tennessee instead of Denver. That's why I don't think Andre will end up with anyone in the AFC South. I could definitely see him with the Patriots, or the Seahawks (though I'm not sure they would be able to sign him) and I would think the Ravens too if Kubiak were still there.

Sound a lot like the Reggie Wayne scenario in 2012 to me. Or were you opposed to that as well?

reggie was 33 and was already accumulated to indy. there was no adjustment period like we've been having with these wrs. 

Sound a lot like the Reggie Wayne scenario in 2012 to me. Or were you opposed to that as well?

It worked great for a year and then he fell apart. I think what people are saying is that considering the money would probably be even more than what we gave Reggie there is a lot younger, hungrier wrs out there to consider. Luck will be like Peyton...he will make avg WRs good and good WRs great. I'm not opposed to AJ just his salary numbers would have to be adjusted. If we signed him for 3 yrs we would be lucky to get 1 1/2 good ones out of him. For the money I think there are other younger more viable options...and Houston isn't going to just give him to us....he would come at a premium to us. I just don't see this happening.

YES. He's a better option than Reggie at this point. So go upgrade the position.

You could say that about a lot of WR's in the league right now.

I would be surprised if he is willing to sign for 34 year old aging WR money. I certainly wouldn't waste a draft pick to get him.

There are a lot of options as good or better than Johnson that are FA's. I personally prefer another Johnson, Stevie.