Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deion Branch the spy?

Bradley Prentice

Just a random question but Branch was signed today, I'm sure they will try to get any patriot info out of them that they can but how can we know that he doesn't call up Braddy and tell them our insides, call me paranoid but I'm sure they are friends and just as easy as he could give us info he could do the same to them.

Just a random question but Branch was signed today, I'm sure they will try to get any patriot info out of them that they can but how can we know that he doesn't call up Braddy and tell them our insides, call me paranoid but I'm sure they are friends and just as easy as he could give us info he could do the same to them.

He doesn't know our 'insides'

But he has 7 years of Pats experience...he can tell us..and if forced into action, he'd be very much at home

You are probably paranoid.

Every Pats play is on tape as are their tendencies; the personnel is way different this season (no Welker, Hernandez, Gronk); play signals and terminologies have changed (after all, Welker would be helpful to Denver if not )....Branch was signed to help the Colts, but not as a spy.

Every Pats play is on tape as are their tendencies; the personnel is way different this season (no Welker, Hernandez, Gronk); play signals and terminologies have changed (after all, Welker would be helpful to Denver if not )....Branch was signed to help the Colts, but not as a spy.

Watching tape and charting tendencies is not the same as having someone who's been in the huddle.

The Colts worked out a bunch of veteran WRs. If you don't think they picked up Branch because of his familiarity with ... Braddy ...and BB, you're being naive. (Not you personally, the royal 'you').

Any tiny bit of help.

Watching tape and charting tendencies is not the same as having someone who's been in the huddle.

The Colts worked out a bunch of veteran WRs. If you don't think they picked up Branch because of his familiarity with ... Braddy ...and BB, you're being naive. (Not you personally, the royal 'you').

Any tiny bit of help.

If Branch was on the roster this year, maybe. But its a huge stretch to think he's going to help any more than Austin Collie helps them with Peyton. Sorry, but I must be naive ( but that's okay!).

Yeah at the same time Collie is a Colts spy.

Would it possible everyone is over paranoid? We did work him out weeks ago.....

Yup, NFL Network's "Around The League" host Lindsay Rhodes said Branch has a home in INDY & is taking over DHB's WR spot. I don't know how good he will play though. 

I agree with Jules. This move isn't a espionage thing just a capable veteran presence that Luck may need if BB shuts Hilton down I think. 

patsnation mad at branch signing with colts ,   Chris Rogers · Top Commenter

OK, so obviously Branch isn't going to help much on the field, and really, he isn't going to help much (if at all) with "figuring out" the Defense. So, by those standards, there really was no point in signing him.

However, what he can do is tell the Colts about specific player tendencies. He was on the Patriots roster in 2012, so he hasn't been gone that long. He practiced regularly against many of the defensive players that are still in NE. He may not be much help with gameplanning, but he can certainly point out some tendencies to exploit.

Branch lives in Carmel.  It'd be very stupid on his part to risk his home-life by sending BB our game plan. 

In saying that, whenever a situation involves BB anyone has the right to question everything.  Because that's how cheaters should be treated.

I don't know how much spying we have left to do.  Donald Thomas has been on our roster the entire year.  I'm sure he's given the Colts coaching staff quite a bit from the Patriots the entire year. He was on their roster for all of 2012.

I don't think he could add much info on the Patriots, he's filling up DHB's place. His (PO) experience and skills he still has are bigger edge than some most likely non existent insider info...