Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff Whalen

Douzer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he makes the team. He continues to get open, catch the ball, make people miss and energize the offense.

Go Colts!

Have none of you gotten the memo that Whalen was put on IR today?

colts-35.png Colts | Griff Whalen to be placed on IR Mon Aug 27, 02:01 PM

The Indianapolis Colts will place WR Griff Whalen (foot) on Injured Reserve.

https://twitter.com/pwilson24/status/240124939565428736

Im Liking this kid more and more. He almost reminds me of another Collie kinda. He works in the slot pretty well and looks striong in the middle of the field and can get open. If he contues and we can get Collie back with Wayne, Brazi,l Hilton and possibly Avery I think our wide reciver core could be solid. Thats not even including what our two TEs may end up becoming themselves. Im excited becuase I think we have alot of Options, versatility and speed with good skill. Gonna be intiguing to see how all this turns out.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2012 - inflammatory

Let’s all be mature adults here. I am no racist and I don’t want to start a racist war. I’m a black guy that loves football and I just thought of something. I’m all about the Best players taking the field for us on Sundays. White, Black, Brown, Green, or Blue it does not matter as long as we get the W. But im a big fan of Collie, Whalen, Welker, (hint hint) And Reggie has lost a step and I think he can be beat out of his job. All im saying is white might be right. They got skills and you can’t ignore it. Would it be history? Trade Wayne for Decker.

Let’s all be mature adults here. I am no racist and I don’t want to start a racist war. I’m a black guy that loves football and I just thought of something. I’m all about the Best players taking the field for us on Sundays. White, Black, Brown, Green, or Blue it does not matter as long as we get the W. But im a big fan of Collie, Whalen, Welker, (hint hint) And Reggie has lost a step and I think he can be beat out of his job. All im saying is white might be right. They got skills and you can’t ignore it. Would it be history? Trade Wayne for Decker.

Denver wouldn't make that trade straight up.

And he's under contract for two more years.

|Very affordable too.

Without any form of signing bonus, it makes you wonder how much he's struggled financially since getting out of school. I don't know what type of background he comes from, but I doubt he has any level of endorsements... I'm sure he can't wait for that first 22k check(well before Uncle Sam comes a knocking). Maybe his agent has floated him some funds.

I agree. Ooops, he's being put on IR. Who are we going after now?

Adams has been the one playing with the first unit when one of the others comes out even over Whalen. I think he's the leader going in but if one of the other guys is better at special teams that might swing it in their favor.

He has broad shoulders, big arms. For some reason it makes him look like a tight end while he's out there. He's very talented, I would love to stash him on our bench to have him for when someone goes down. Especially since he already has chemistry with Luck. But I will say I for one am not buying that he's 185 lbs. There's no way Welker and Griff are the same weight, especially since Welker is shorter in the first place. Welker could be listed bigger than he is and Griff could be listed as smaller than he actually is.

P.S. I'm pretty sure now that Griff is on the IR means we can keep him without using a roster spot, yay for us.

Do you think you might be the only one with the insight that Wayne has lost a step? Or do you think the Bronco's know as well?

For giggles, let's assume that the Broncos are in on your secret so why would they ever trade Decker for Wayne?

Grif Whalon is now damaged goods, he had a SERIOUS injury and is out for the year. How can we be talking so highly of him. Some players don't come back from IR very well if at all. WR do come back better than some, however.

Who said anything about a SERIOUS injury? He broke his foot, that is all. We put him on IR and there is no need to think we need to put the horse down... LOL I think we put him on IR to free up the roster spot, and to keep other teams from snatching him up. Plus it gives him another year to develop. If you haven't been impressed with Griff Whalen, then your eyes haven't been open, I'm sure if we would have cut him (wihout the injury of course) he would have been snatched up rather quickly. He is good, and will be on this team next year. He was put on IR as a safeguard, and he is injured, not damaged goods.

The injury was an aggravation of something that he played with at Stanford for two years. One might conclude that he could have easily rehabbed and then come back, but this is preferable for both parties because it will prevent him getting released, or poached off the practice squad. It means it has a lingering injury, they like him, but they don't need him. Yet. Probably the best thing that could have happened under the circumstances - not a disaster.

Now McKinney, Chapman and Ijalana, those are disasters.

The injury was an aggravation of something that he played with at Stanford for two years. One might conclude that he could have easily rehabbed and then come back, but this is preferable for both parties because it will prevent him getting released, or poached off the practice squad. It means it has a lingering injury, they like him, but they don't need him. Yet. Probably the best thing that could have happened under the circumstances - not a disaster.

Now McKinney, Chapman and Ijalana, those are disasters.

Agreed on Whalen. He'll probably be cleared for football activities within a couple months. If this were to happen to Reggie Wayne, he wouldn't have been IR'd.

Have none of you gotten the memo that Whalen was put on IR today?

colts-35.png Colts | Griff Whalen to be placed on IR Mon Aug 27, 02:01 PM

The Indianapolis Colts will place WR Griff Whalen (foot) on Injured Reserve.

https://twitter.com/...124939565428736

Whalen on IR is great news actually! It protects him from other teams. I think he showed enough to make the team. But it would have been a tough choice considering how well Ross has looked and considering that Avery had a decent showing against the Redskins. He didn't wow, but he showed he's healthy enough to play.

With Whalen tucked away now, the WRs should be Wayne, Collie, Hilton, Avery, Brazil, and Ross since Cosby got cut the other day.

Too bad the NFLPA and owners couldn't agree on the IR rule changes allowing one player to come back during the season, bc Griff may have made it back late in the season

I have read this but not on this site, true, it was part , I believe of the CBA agreement last year but when it came time to finalize exact terms the sides just couldn't, its a shame, many a team would basically be allowed to keep an extra roster spot for late season play , important if a big name would be coming back for playoffs especially

Denver was hoping to do this for DE starter Hunter but ended up putting him on IR anyway

Who said anything about a SERIOUS injury? He broke his foot, that is all. We put him on IR and there is no need to think we need to put the horse down... LOL I think we put him on IR to free up the roster spot, and to keep other teams from snatching him up. Plus it gives him another year to develop. If you haven't been impressed with Griff Whalen, then your eyes haven't been open, I'm sure if we would have cut him (wihout the injury of course) he would have been snatched up rather quickly. He is good, and will be on this team next year. He was put on IR as a safeguard, and he is injured, not damaged goods.

Dude, you have to learn to take "chrisfarley" with a grain of salt. Every thing he says is negative and worst case scenario stuff. Lighten up a bit, chris!!!

I think he is damaged goods until we see him back on the field of play catching long bombs, now that could happen soon or it could be after seasonl. bOTTOM LINE they IR'ed him,,, he can't come back off of that , he is done, cooked, rried, trade-bait, fire-fodder, asitla--vista, worked over, patched up, sunk, bunkered, by-stander. He season is completely done.

I think he is damaged goods until we see him back on the field of play catching long bombs, now that could happen soon or it could be after seasonl. bOTTOM LINE they IR'ed him,,, he can't come back off of that , he is done, cooked, rried, trade-bait, fire-fodder, asitla--vista, worked over, patched up, sunk, bunkered, by-stander. He season is completely done.

Actually he could be brought back but we have too much talent to on the active roster to be forced to bring him back. The NFL approved an exception this year to bring one player off IR back to the active roster during the season. We added another player in Jabin Sambrano to IR. We wanted to keep Griff and Jabin with out losing the 6 on the active roster and now we have done it. If Wayne looks old after the season or Collie gets another concussion we have their replacements.

Griff Whalen hurt his foot originally in college. He hurt it again in training camp and then broke it during a preseason game. Does anyone know the extent of the injury in college? Maybe he had a hairline fracture that never healed properly. Maybe the break is the best thing for him so that the foot can heal properly.