Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

jordan shipley?

WesurehavesomeLuck

recently cut by the bengals. did pretty good his first year but had an injury in his second season. i think it was a torn cal but I'm not 100% sure. i know we have good WRs but i would take him over donnie avery because. i know we are stacked with reggie, collie, brazil, hilton and avery but he could become a very solid receiver. great hands. could be a future #2 option. or at least get him onto the PS incase of injury.(very possible with the history or collie and avery)

recently cut by the bengals. did pretty good his first year but had an injury in his second season. i think it was a torn cal but I'm not 100% sure. i know we have good WRs but i would take him over donnie avery because. i know we are stacked with reggie, collie, brazil, hilton and avery but he could become a very solid receiver. great hands. could be a future #2 option. or at least get him onto the PS incase of injury.(very possible with the history or collie and avery)

Don't need him we have healthy competition already

I think this is the first WR name that's really caught my eye.... but the stories surrounding his getting cut the Bengals seem to imply he's far less than 100%. Not recovered from a knee injury. So, it's not clear how he'd help us this year.

I think a healthy Jordan Shiply is interesting. But if he's healthy, I don't see how Cincy cuts him now.

In short, while he's an appealing WR down the road, I don't see him helping us right now. Maybe if/when a WR gets hurt, and if/when Shiply can show he's healthy, then perhaps we've got a good match.

I think Jordan Shipley has a lot of talent, but there is a reason why he was cut (maybe because he didn't fully recover from his injury).

Also, Im very happy with the receiving core and I would think the FO is too after that last game and their impressive TC.

However, I am considering Jaxon Shipley in the draft, 2 years from now :P

That receiver from TCU, he's like 5 11", considered a top WR prospect for next years draft, how's his game?

I think you're tali\king about Boyce. He's 6'0. Our 5'11 WR is a Sophmore this year. But Boyce is a good WR. He's got good speed and good hands. I can see him going in the 1-3 rounds

Deion branch > shipley

Although the rookies would get bumped and I'm not in favor of that

eh, branch is a nobody unless hes with his BF brady, even then hes not better than ship... i really like shipley, too bad he got hurt but the boy got skills. i know the bengals are really disappointed about losing him but they need WRs now not later. and while i think hes better when healthy than several of our WRs, im not so sure he fits arians offense. when peyton was here definetly but not now. we're set....till next years draft

You would take an injured slot receiver who doesn't run anywhere close to a 4.3 over an injured #1 or #2 receiver who almost runs 4.2 and was doing well before a small thigh contusion? Hmmmmmm

Shipley has been in the league too long to be put on a Practice Squad

He's a Longhorn lol. That's why he's Talented. And in this Year's draft, we need to take Bynum CB from Texas if he enter the Draft. then in 2 Years, take Quandre Diggs another CB from Texas.

I ilke the idea of seeing Angerer on the back of our LB and Diggs on the back of our CB. Are there any DT's named Anchor coming out?

I think you're tali\king about Boyce. He's 6'0. Our 5'11 WR is a Sophmore this year. But Boyce is a

good WR. He's got good speed and good hands. I can see him going in the 1-3 rounds

Ahh. Yes I was talking about Boyce. He seems intriguing to me. And for some reason it says he's 5 11" on nfldraftscout.com...not 6 0".. Dumb website... I asked about him because I still think we need an eventual succesor to Wayne. We have alot of guys, but most will probably only amount to #2 receivers.. And I'm expecting defense with our 1st pick next year. Hope Boyce is there in the 3rd

Not a bad idea in theory...

To be quite honest, I wouldn't be upset to see us sign him and drop Avery. Nothing against Avery, I just think Shipley has more of an upside.

Just my opinion. Not gonna happen, but wouldn't be mad if we did.

Problem is that Shipley isn't ready to play, and Avery might be. I think we have enough depth at receiver to take a flier on Shipley, even if he starts out on PUP. But it's highly unlikely.

didnt understand this move by the cats as others mentioned they are thin at WR. So medically speaking they must have the inside track on Shipley's recover or just don't see him being the same slot WR he once was. He's a good guy no off-the field issues high character so cutting him when there is a need is a bit of a concern. His contract is cap friendly as well...hopefully someone will pick him up. But also this isn't new uncharted territory for him either he had problems staying healthy at UT.

I don't get this thread.. we have several WR with potential and we are weak in CB and Oline. am I missing something ?

I'm afraid you are missing something... no matter what the fans have as perceived needs for the team, the team should always look at everything that has the potential of making the team better. The OP was asking that question, would Shipley improve the team and a lot of people do not think so, some think any short term improvement he would provide is offset by the lack of long term improvement of the younger WRs. Some people feel that while he is talented his injuries would indicate that he would not help much.

Ahh. Yes I was talking about Boyce. He seems intriguing to me. And for some reason it says he's 5 11" on nfldraftscout.com...not 6 0".. Dumb website... I asked about him because I still think we need an eventual succesor to Wayne. We have alot of guys, but most will probably only amount to #2 receivers.. And I'm expecting defense with our 1st pick next year. Hope Boyce is there in the 3rd

Oh no. I use the Horned Frog Football Website. He's 6'0. And if he's there for our 1st Pick, we'll most likely go David Amerson CB from NC State.

And you're right, someone will have to emerge as our #1 within the next 3 years. Collie is a Good WR, but I like him better at #2 or Slot. I don't see him as a #1, not saying he can't do it... but I feel like he's a better slot or #2

I ilke the idea of seeing Angerer on the back of our LB and Diggs on the back of our CB. Are there any DT's named Anchor coming out?

Only DT names that are entering their JR. year & may enter the Draft are Ashton Dorsey, Kyle Kriegel, Brandon Moore, & Chris Whaley. They don't have any SR DT. They're a Young team just like we are. Which is why I compare us as the NFL version of them a lot

However, there's a Senior DE coming out named Okafor... lol if that's close for you

I like Shipley, but like others I feel we are good to go with our receivers. There will be 2 cut eventually that will be picked up in a New York second....

In a related note, I was interested in Phil Shipley unitil his cable went out. When the cable man does not come, you see things outside you should not see. You then need to change your your identity and fake your own death, Lets sign Phil Shipley....he is younger than he looks.... :)

Edited by BrentMc11

didnt understand this move by the cats as others mentioned they are thin at WR. So medically speaking they must have the inside track on Shipley's recover or just don't see him being the same slot WR he once was. He's a good guy no off-the field issues high character so cutting him when there is a need is a bit of a concern. His contract is cap friendly as well...hopefully someone will pick him up. But also this isn't new uncharted territory for him either he had problems staying healthy at UT.

Word I'm hearing from some Bengal fan friends: Marvin Jones and Sanu have looked really good in camp and preseason, are seen as having more upside than Shipley, and made him expendable. Frankly, I saw Jones as the most underrated WR in this years draft, and expect him to be very successful as a pro.

why not? doesnt hurt to get him. Collie is concussion prone, Avery no one knows for sure if he can stay healthy. that leaves us with wayne,brazill and hilton. adding another WR couldnt hurt.

The problem with this is that they would need to cut somebody else just to add to an already loaded position. It would be different if another reciever had already got injured.