Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Draft: Who should we take if we have a Top Ten Pick?

coltsguy510

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Amerson if he runs faster than 4.55 in the Combine, and Robert Woods.

I think before it's all over Barkevious Mingo will be the crem de la crem. Dude is super fast and powerful.

It would be hard to pass on Amerson. He's 6'3, 13 INT in a year...whooo. I hope he isn't hype. I will be scouting him super hard this year

The #1 nt/cb but ill wait till the season ends to give my final judgement.

Thinking the samething, the thing is, there supposed to be four maybe five first round talent QBs to choose from, so if we had another down year we could trade back a few spots, not to far, in a deal like the rams made, and get the lock down corner, and the game changing NT, we'd have to package both our seconds to move back in the first of course. But that's thinking way ahead.

Also, if you look at the Measurments. The top 5 LB, are 6'3 average 240 pounds average. All 3-4 guys.

The Top DT are 6'2 average 325 pounds Average. top 3 can play nose Tackles.

We are going to have a pleathera of guys to choose from.

Agreed I was doing some research last night about next years talent. Plenty of OLBs to choose from, plus with so many taken this year high in the draft, maybe we could see some first round talent fall in to the second,

I know it's waaaaaaay early to be predicting this kind of stuff, but I would like to see poeples opinions about what players they like for next year. Personally I like Manti Te'o, Jarvis Jones, David Amerson, D.J. Fluker, or Robert Woods. Whats your take?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGWr_zIWJug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ya_V7AfSso

Whoever is the best rush LB with the best size/speed ratio...

Move back, gain a pick if you feel you can get value. Then get the best CB or pass rusher or WR. If an NT like Star Lotuleilei is the best value after moving down, take him. To me, best defensive player trumps anything else since guys like Redding, McKinney could end up being stop gap ones and we have infused ample offensive talent now and need to give some time for the offensive players chosen to develop together before introducing more into the mix. My bets are on CB or pass rusher.

I don't understand why people want us to draft the best at any particular position right now when come 2013, the best at that position may have a mid-second round grade.

well thats my point dont reach, take the BPA unless is QB or T

As of right now I'd speculate that a top tier shut down CB will be our biggest need so best CB available would be my choice. Hopefully, if we do get a high pick, we can trade back once or twice doing basically what the Rams did this year, and still be able to get a shutdown CB. :)

It would be hard to pass on Amerson. He's 6'3, 13 INT in a year...whooo. I hope he isn't hype. I will be scouting him super hard this year

That would be a good guy to have!!!

I won't start looking at future prospects til next year rolls around, but I'm putting him at the top of my list, just based on the 6'3 and 13 ints.

It is hard to tell what our greatest need will be. SO MANY VARIABLES. Who plays well and poorly this year. Who we get in FA. Very hard to tell. I just see two positions we will have to address more than likely. A replacement at DE/OLB to replace Freeney and a #1 quality WR to be Wayne's replacement. Where ever we end up we will have a plan to get players in FA that we can't get in the draft and vice versa. I imagine a top 5 pick. Who knows if we get #1 or even #2 we should be able to get a nice package for that.

Last year it was "SUCK FOR LUCK"....this year I can see us late in the year "SUCK TO HELP LUCK".