Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #8, Colts @ Texans, October 27, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @Texans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Colts have an over-500 record (4-3), are you playing to win or to develop players?

• You play to win the game!
    • Play the young guys to develop them, even if that results in not making the playoffs.
    • Why not both? (Play young guys and play to win.)
  2. 2. JT is expected back today after being out with injury. Will he break 100 yards rushing?

3. 3. Who wins?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to be buyers or sellers before the trade deadline?

• Buyers -- we need to upgrade this team to make a playoff run
    • Sellers -- we need draft capital to continue to build this team
    • Neither -- I like this team as currently constituted.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2024 at 06:14 PM

1 minute ago, coltsin06 said:

Please put Flacco in. He gives us the best chance to win.

Respectfully, NO. AR is the future, or perhaps not, but he needs the reps for us to know. I’m beyond done with retreads. This team needs a vision and direction for the future. I couldn’t care less what our win/loss record looks like at the end of the year. I care about seeing what we have at QB. Be patient. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

AR isn’t there yet to make the best decisions yet even if his wideouts get open 

Huh? He is making very good reads that's why i have faith in him. Just not connecting. Like I said. This experiment is going to be ugly at times. He doesn't look lost out there and we can hopefully build on that.

• Like 2

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Huh? He is making very good reads that's why i have faith in him. Just not connecting. Like I said. This experiment is going to be ugly at times. He doesn't look lost out there and we can hopefully build on that.

On the Pierce long ball, he didn’t make the right read and lead him.

On the Pittman play, he did. He’s too boom and bust right now, so need to coddle him with the help of the run a bit more, IMO

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

AR is cooked man, taking such a raw prospect with such little experience was a huge gamble and its really starting to look like it will be the end of this regime

I bet people were saying that bout Josh Allan and he is arguably the best qb in the league. U maybe correct in saying he is cooked. However, he needs at least a full season before we can evaluate him.

The Richardson offense is the most painful to watch Colts offense ever.  At least there was some comedy with Painter.

Every Richardson game is like this.  Every 3rd down is a failure.  No consistent offense whatsoever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

AR haters need to shut up. This is on the play caller not him. 

Not haters, just people with 20-20 vision. If he could throw an accurate ball with touch Steichen would call something besides long throws.

Not to defend Steichen’s play calling, but you have to wonder how much of the play calling, choices on where to go with the ball  is a result of the staff’s (and perhaps AR’s) apprehension with his inaccuracy with the short and intermediate throws that are the base of any effective offense.  

I mean the throw on 2nd down was one of the few intermediate routes the ball has gone to out of last several throws and it wasn’t even close even though Downs was open.

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

we should be running a much more controlled short game rather than all these deep balls 

But Pittman not Pierce can’t win quickly. Maybe need to scheme up more boots & deep crossers for Pierce if that’s the 3 wr we’re gonna keep sending out there.  Move the pocket.