Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Depth? Our depth  is injured too. We had a great dline ten guts deep. We have no depth left.

Crazy how that happens every year, seriously. We have some of the worst injury luck in this league, I swear. Maybe it’s our field, I don’t know at this point. I’m sick of us always having so many injuries.

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

I don’t know how bad his injury is or is not, but I feel confident in saying that we win even with a banged-up JT today. Unless you count AR, there is not a single other player on this roster who is a threat in the run game.

I know Emmitt would have played, he played with 1 arm one time. 

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Yeah and that’s why I think if AR is healthy, he has to play. Flacco is probably the better QB right now, but by the time this team can actually support him in winning games, he’ll be retired. It sucks, feels like the year with Rivers at QB. Great QB performance, roster around the QB was too mediocre to support him.

I don’t disagree with this. We need to see if AR will be the QB and we only know that by letting him play. I just don’t think he’s it at the moment. I hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

But but but…our D was injured, but but but …enough!!!

That doesn’t explain such separation and missed communication for an easy 85 yard TD or a 62 yard pass with neither the safety nor the DB in the right position to let 3 defenders (2 starting safeties) let Kirk catch it. It doesn’t allow so many missed tackles. It just means that these LBs go from JAGs to journeymen like the Gilbert Gardner day’s without DL help. 

It’s on the depth of talent too. Pathetic, and a waste of a good offensive day thanks to our D.

Yep, those two big pass plays AND the big run were the difference, IMO.  Those types of plays are generally a sign of Ss and LBer issues.  I thought JAX did a good job on the Kirk TD in the 1Q, confusing Flowers.  Can't say that any other of our CBs would have fared better.

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Crazy how that happens every year, seriously. We have some of the worst injury luck in this league, I swear. Maybe it’s our field, I don’t know at this point. I’m sick of us always having so many injuries.

I knew when this game started with Lawrence just standing back there the dline was going to be a issue.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It might of helped some. With how pierce looked the fourth quarter we might of opened the run game up earlier had we thrown down field to him.

This defense is serviceable when healthy.

This defense couldn't guard a hockey goal.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

I don’t disagree with this. We need to see if AR will be the QB and we only know that by letting him play. I just don’t think he’s it at the moment. I hope I’m wrong.

He very well may not be. Like I said, Flacco is the better QB at the moment; but Flacco has maybe two years left max, he quite literally can’t be our QB of the future. We have to find out, for better or for worse, if AR is the guy. If he’s healthy, he has to play. It’s not like this team is going to the playoffs anyway, not with this defense.

• Like 1

Just now, ImissPeyton18 said:

This defense couldn't guard a hockey goal.

This defense hasn’t looked good all year. Even in the Packers game when they stifled the Packers for three quarters, that was by design by the Packers, as they knew they could just burn clock since the Colts offense couldn’t score any points.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jaylon Jones is steadily getting better.

We have some talent on this defense, but it’s not being put in positions to succeed because our DC is a *.

5 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Yeah it seems the colts are unusually injury bug stricken every year. 

4 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

You are right! I'm not part of the woke generation. The word hater is a limp wristed description. I did not attack a player who did not play. I was heading off another poster who has a virtually  unlimited supply of excuses for the lack of performance of the Colts organization.

This woke generation stinks. You are either great or you are not. You play with injury unless it is severe, that is the way see it. I remember guys back in the 70's and 80's with broken bones and teeth being knocked out. I have been watching since 1977 so I know.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck retiring screwed us but that aside, Ballard hasn't been a great GM either. I don't think Ballard is bad, but he isn't great either. I think Bradley's scheme sucks. 

I’m one of the most vocal Ballard haters, but even I’m not saying he’s been bad. He’s just been dangerously mediocre. 

• Like 2

What concerns me is I can see the excuses tomorrow at the press conferences. We scored 34 points tonight. Flacco was fantastic. We’re missing key players. Let’s see if Shane or Gus lament with the defense due to our chance of winning. I’ll be pretty disappointed if this is not brought up it’s time for coach to start putting heat on Bradley by talking about the bad  defensive play and schemes 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This woke generation stinks. You are either great or you are not. You play with injury unless it is severe, that is the way see it. I remember guys back in the 70's and 80's with broken bones and teeth being knocked out. I have been watching since 1977 so I know.

Did Ronnie lott play with a finger that was recently cut off?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

LBers and Ss were the problem. We knew that going into the season.  We are a couple of seasons away from being a contender, if our QB gets his stuff together.

This game is disappointing , buts its not a surprise, IMO.

The biggest surprise was that our Offense battled back.  To me, that was crazy.  I knew we wouldn't hold them on D, so that was sad, but definitely not surprising.

• Like 2

Just now, indyagent17 said:

What concerns me is I can see the excuses tomorrow at the press conferences. We scored 34 points tonight. Flacco was fantastic. We’re missing key players. Let’s see if Shane or Gus lament with the defense due to our chance of winning. I’ll be pretty disappointed if this is not brought up it’s time for coach to start putting heat on Bradley by talking about the bad  defensive play and schemes 

I’m tired of the excuses from Steichen and Bradley. Media needs to quit tip toeing around the hard questions.

8 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Yeah and that’s why I think if AR is healthy, he has to play. Flacco is probably the better QB right now, but by the time this team can actually support him in winning games, he’ll be retired. It sucks, feels like the year with Rivers at QB. Great QB performance, roster around the QB was too mediocre to support him.

Of course when AR is healthy, he has to play. He just cannot stay healthy. I said on this board that I would give him 17 games to prove he was the guy. I wouldn't be critical of his play as I knew there would be a lot of ups and downs. His inability to stay healthy is something that I believe I am free to comment in 5 games in. It is very alarming and honestly, I don't think he will turn into Lou Gehrig or Cal Ripken, lol. 

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Gaps.....play your gaps. Play within the system and to many blown coverages. 8 years in and same old.

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Pfft

Shane, please stop talking. I think you can be a great HC. However, your inaction on having any accountability in the defensive side.  It is making me wonder if u can make the tough decision. Maybe this is part of Shane's plan. Ride with Gus the whole year. Steichen will prove his worth and irsay wil finally realize that Ballard is dead weight???

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is nothing a GM can do when half your starters then their backups are injured.

what are you talking about Ballard had alllll off-season to bring in veterans but didn't do it..kept saying he liked the secondary as is and look were it got him? 0 true starting CB's other than moore and 0 true starting safties  it was only a matter of time before his arrogance would back fire 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coaches like having all the power but JT needed to step up today and say I am playing. he is the face of the team. I would have played, his ankle is probably sore but he wanted to come back in last week so that tells me he could have played today. With the losing streak we have against this team, I am pulling an Emmitt and winning this freakin game. 

Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

what are you talking about Ballard had alllll off-season to bring in veterans but didn't do it..kept saying he liked the secondary as is and look were it got him? 0 true starting CB's other than moore and 0 true starting safties  it was only a matter of time before his arrogance would back fire 

“We like our Guys” - Chris Ballard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fire Gus Bradley for the love of God.

Yep, we could have every D player in their prime that reside in the Hall of Fame and Gus will still play them 10 yards off the ball with this stupid zone and not blitz against the weakest blitz OL in the NFL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

He had ten good defensive players on this dline. Ballard did his part. They got injured.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

“We like our Guys” - Chris Ballard

This was not a healthy dline 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Quick takeaways

-This is the game that will cost Bradley his job

-This game officially puts Ballard on the hot seat

-To re-iterate what I said last week, Anthony needs to be the backup only. Flacco is the best QB on this team

-So much for Mitchell being an Alec Pierce replacement.

-Zero pass rush against a subpar offensive line

To reiterate what a lot of people told you last week and will continue to tell you until something changes, the front office (SS, Ballard, Irsay) seem to think the most important thing for 2024 is getting AR reps to see how he improves as a QB.  if they were concerned about playing the "best QB" then they'd most likely have started the season with Flacco as the starter. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Coaches like having all the power but JT needed to step up today and say I am playing. he is the face of the team. I would have played, his ankle is probably sore but he wanted to come back in last week so that tells me he could have played today. With the losing streak we have against this team, I am pulling an Emmitt and winning this freakin game. 

Oh come on man...not you too.