Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #3, Bears @ Colts, September 22, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Bears @ Colts  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will Taylor break 100 yards rushing in this game?

2. 2. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2024 at 05:15 PM

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Like Steve Young infamously said. In the playoffs, u have to be able to play as a qb and be able to throw the ball as teams r to good. U see it with Lamar and with all love thrown at these athletic qbs. It is the guy that can effectively play the postion as a thrower that wins the Super Bowl

And that's completely fair. But let AR learn the NFL game and it's pace before we try and make him the next Manning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Whelp never mind the moving around argument that was just an awful throw with him moving.  Again, why are we putting the game in Richardson’s hands and not the super star running back they paid who is playing well?

LOL....yup...AR just made my argument null and void.

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

But he was good for Cleveland last season, got them to the playoffs and I know Browns fans that wanted the team to keep him.

Yeah, I was surprised by how he played last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Do you think Flacco  would constantly overthrow receivers like this?

Probably not but Flacco is not a long term answer this has been explained to you.  You are just ignoring it because you don’t like it.  He’s a band aide just like Minshew last year.  This team has married itself to Richardson so they have to find out if he’s the guy or not and no seven games is not enough to answer that question.  Again even the Panthers gave Young more than double that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

Can't wait to hear the AR apologists defend him after that throw. 

Understanding that he’s a rookie and has yet to complete a full season of football and the only way he’s going to get better is if he gets the reps because of his lack of experience….and understanding he’s going to make mistakes and wrong decisions does not make anyone an apologist

• Like 2

The inaccuracy is killing us. I don’t care if it’s his “rookie” season. If it’s not sured up even a little bit, I’m okay moving on. He had two open guys and threw in the middle of them where only the defender could catch it. Inexcusable 

• Like 1

I still don’t understand why we don’t run ARICH more & throw short screens. The intermediate throws just aren’t an option for the most part with Richardson right now. He needs the practice each week to gradually get better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

Can't wait to hear the AR apologists defend him after that throw. 

He sucks right now, lol. However, he is the youngest qb in the league with less than 20 games under his belt since high school. Gice him time. He doesn't look lost out there. The game doesn't look to big for him. He just needs to get that cannon under control. I remember Luck making the dumbest throws and he was the most pro ready qb since Manning and Elway.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Probably not but Flacco is not a long term answer this has been explained to you.  You are just ignoring it because you don’t like it.  He’s a band aide just like Minshew last year.  This team has married itself to Richardson so they have to find out if he’s the guy or not and no seven games is not enough to answer that question.  Again even the Panthers gave Young more than double that.

I mean, AR missed 13 games due to injury. The opportunity to play was there. He decided to play hero ball and get himself hurt. 

Let's not act like AR isn't the victim of his own ineptitude here. 

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

The inaccuracy is killing us. I don’t care if it’s his “rookie” season. If it’s not shred up even a little bit, I’m okay moving on. He had two open guys and threw in the middle of them where only the defender could catch it. Inexcusable 

Exactly at least with manning you could see he was going to be a star even early on .  I dont see that with richardson at all right now

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I still don’t understand why we don’t run ARICH more & throw short screens. The intermediate throws just aren’t an option for the most part with Richardson right now. He needs the practice each week to gradually get better

Yeah the play calling is not great but Richardson’s decision making is pretty bad too,  I agree the intermediate throws aren’t there.  Run Taylor until they stop him.  Like I said before the Colts are calling plays for who they want Richardson to be not who he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

Understanding that he’s a rookie and has yet to complete a full season of football and the only way he’s going to get better is if he gets the reps because of his lack of experience….and understanding he’s going to make mistakes and wrong decisions does not make anyone an apologist

He's not a rookie. 

Just now, T-Cubed said:

AR seems too have a depth perception problem.

No, his arm is huge. We’ve seen that. And his mechanics need work. Both of these things create overthrows. He’s never going to underthrow someone without being hit or bothered in some way prior to release. 

Until he cleans up his footwork and learns to use some touch he‘s always going to miss high. 

Always.