Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Colts lose against the Bears.

Moosejawcolt

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Does it really matter if they’re 1 or 2 or 3?  

The bigger issue is there is a fair amount wrong with the Colts offense right now….  But very little of it is the fault of the OL.  

Not interested in debating Ballard.  It’s his team.  And depending on how bad things get, the seat under Ballard could go from warm to hot pretty quickly.  

Well I am glad u finally admit it's his team and his record as a GM to go along with it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well I am glad u finally admit it's his team and his record as a GM to go along with it.

You must not be around much.  I can’t remember ever saying it wasn’t Ballard’s team.   I just said there were extraordinary circumstances that the people who don’t like Ballard weren’t willing to acknowledge.  

If the Colts go 7-10, I think Ballard’s seat gets very warm, maybe even hot.  But if the team goes worse than that,  Irsay might do something impulsive.   Hope not, but he might. 

• Like 1

Putting it on the record…the only way Bradley gets fired is a minimum of 6 games in (completed) and our defense has to be ranked around 25 or worse and our W-L ratio has to be around 25/75. If those occur then I could see Bradley being canned as early as the 7th game in and on. 

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I really miss the laugh reaction lol.

3 hours ago, Dunk said:

Me too

:jump::lol:lmao:funny:rotflmao

which one are you referring to? Like the emojis or as in when you click the “heart” button and choose that ? The above emojis suffice right ? 😊 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IinD said:

Gotta love our fan base sometimes... Waving the white flag in September.. Lol

I had hopes and dreams that AR would have come a long way with 2 camps under Steichen. Maybe even going 8-9.  I'm waving the white flag and 7 wins will be tough.

21 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What do u think needs to happen if the Colts lose to the Bears on Sunday to keep the fans connected to this team? I really feel that if they lose, Steichen needs to make a statement with his coaching staff. I also think Irsay needs to make a front office move. Let's be honest, they start off 0-3 and the season is over. Therefore, get an early start on next season in terms of searching  for personnel to take this team in the right direction.

Honestly, I’m more connected now at 0-2 than I have been since honestly Luck’s last season. I see potential and I hope to continue to see it grow. I was on active duty the growing years of Peyton so I didn’t get to watch every game, this time I will and I hope it turns out even half as good as that era!

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You must not be around much.  I can’t remember ever saying it wasn’t Ballard’s team.   I just said there were extraordinary circumstances that the people who don’t like Ballard weren’t willing to acknowledge.  

If the Colts go 7-10, I think Ballard’s seat gets very warm, maybe even hot.  But if the team goes worse than that,  Irsay might do something impulsive.   Hope not, but he might. 

I don’t. I think we could go 0-17 and Ballard still gets year 3 of the AR experiment. Now if we don’t go at least 9-8 next year or AR shows he’s a complete bust, then my opinion might change but Irsay stated multiple times that you have to give a QB a minimum of 3 years to really know, so I think that’s the plan

16 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I really beleive something has to happen if they lose. People are forgetting how the defence is stunting Richardson's growth. The D can't get off the field. Richardson goes in after sitting in the bench for half the quarter. He is young and he needs more reps. Every minute that D is on the field. It takes away time from Richardson being able to get in rhythm and grow.

Oh yes. I absolutely would like something to happen should they fall to 0-3, but I fully expect, nothing will change. We'll hear the same rhetoric from coaches, players and GM. I'd be shocked to see anyone benched, yet alone fired, after week 3. Should the team's struggles continue throughout the first half of season, and if their record is terrible at that point, I would not rule out Bradley getting canned, just so the organization can save face. but better chance Gus hangs on till seasons end.

Lets just hope we win, then all our faults and problems will be forgotten... for one week.

I would be absolutely shocked if we lose honestly. There will be firings Monday if we lose. I don't think Irsay has anymore patience if we start 0-3. As much as I hate scapegoating someone, Bradley will be gone if DeAndre Swift kills us

14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I would be absolutely shocked if we lose honestly. There will be firings Monday if we lose. I don't think Irsay has anymore patience if we start 0-3. As much as I hate scapegoating someone, Bradley will be gone if DeAndre Swift kills us

I tend to agree.   I don't think it would contribute to success though.   The defense has been implemented.   You can't change philosophy on the fly.   Who on the staff would they promote?   Richard Smith I guess.   He has DC experience 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I tend to agree.   I don't think it would contribute to success though.   The defense has been implemented.   You can't change philosophy on the fly.   Who on the staff would they promote?   Richard Smith I guess.   He has DC experience 

That would be my guess. I believe he was a DC for the raiders before

• Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 2:46 PM, RollerColt said:

Hey I’m just saying, you can be right and the solution can look obvious from the 50,000 mile above viewpoint, but it still doesn’t mean anything unless the owner pulls the trigger. 

Jim is more often than not patient to a fault. We’re just going to have to ride this season out. 

Again?  We are 2 games into the season and already talking about just riding out the season?

Edited by ojsglove
more content

Our success this year is all contingent on how well Richardson plays and develops.  That’s just the simple fact.  If he doesn’t perform no defense or team can hold up.    That’s why quarterback is the most important position and the highest paid position.    He has to perform or the team will struggle.  Plain and simple.

1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

Again?  We are 2 games into the season and already talking about just riding out the season?

Dear God. I’m not personally riding out the season, but for those who are salivating and frothing at the mouth for Ballard to be fired immediately, I’m telling them they aren’t going to get what they want. The Ballard haters have no choice but to wait until the season is over. 

But hey, my bad. I forgot. My realistic expectations for the season are considered a “loser mentality”. It’s not like we have a young inexperienced QB or anything. 

Go take your alpha dog masculinity and grab some torch and pitch forks for all I care. 

On 9/20/2024 at 4:31 PM, NewColtsFan said:

All spoken by the same guy who called the O-line over-rated and then the next day it comes out the Colts O-line is ranked first overall.   Some things don’t change.  

I was shocked at that fact. It sure doesn't feel the best. They are benefitting from a good running back picking up yards where there is none. 

21 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Dear God. I’m not personally riding out the season, but for those who are salivating and frothing at the mouth for Ballard to be fired immediately, I’m telling them they aren’t going to get what they want. The Ballard haters have no choice but to wait until the season is over. 

But hey, my bad. I forgot. My realistic expectations for the season are considered a “loser mentality”. It’s not like we have a young inexperienced QB or anything. 

Go take your alpha dog masculinity and grab some torch and pitch forks for all I care. 

Didn't you know SB or bust every single year... Lol. 

• Like 1

The Colts, desperate for a long term solution at Quarterback, picked one in a miserable draft for qb,s. Should have went with another left tackle or defense. Should have spent thier money on Carr or Mayfield. this would have locked the position down for at least 5 or 6 years. By then maybe another prospect will come along or at least be in position to make a better decision.

For gods sake, who thought it was a good idea to pick a player with so few tools and experience. He is not only a young rookie ,he is new to the position of quarterback in college much less the NFL. Yes he is gifted, he can throw the ball a mile. So could I at 22 years old but doing it in professional football no way.