Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why is Ballard not improving his Secondary?

Cross literally said he’d handle it the same way again AFTER Steichen talked to him about it. Dude is… I’m unsure of what soul-destroying insult this guy deserves to be called. 

Unless we bring in Simmons, Houston is going to absolutely cook our secondary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Just got to hope our defense gets torched so bad Sunday that they decide that they HAVE to go out and get Simmons.

Maybe that’s why Simmons hasn’t signed with the Saints yet.  He’s waiting to see what happens in that game as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Superman said:

When have you ever seen me relying on PFF to determine what players are good or not? 

It's like the zombies have taken over a few of the regulars here. So many weird baseless takes, including falsehoods.

The pressures of the outside world are running, but it's only on simmer now.

I’ll say this what Ballard is doing might not work.  I’ve been on record saying I am concerned about the FS spot, but fans tend to look at what players have done and GMs and front office tend to look at what players can do.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't with you but many do. I just brought your name up because I would trust your judgement over PFF. It was more of a compliment toward you, at least I thought.

So Lester was right, I misunderstood what you were saying. My bad. Thanks for the compliment. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

It's like the zombies have taken over a few of the regulars here. So many weird baseless takes, including falsehoods.

The pressures of the outside world are running, but it's only on simmer now.

the walking dead zombies GIF

bbz and co. after posting on forums.colts.com

On 8/10/2024 at 4:19 PM, GoColts8818 said:

I’ll say this what Ballard is doing might not work.  I’ve been on record saying I am concerned about the FS spot, but fans tend to look at what players have done and GMs and front office tend to look at what players can do.

Blackmon finally had a good year in year four. It's quite common that in year 4 players seem to get it.

No way this should be a contending year for us, but it is a good year to develop our youth so they will be Veterans.

Ballard and his Capoligist see things that we don't. 

I'll roll with it but if he gets Gilmore and Simmons both, that would add some jolly around here 😀.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 1:46 PM, tweezy32 said:

Just got to hope our defense gets torched so bad Sunday that they decide that they HAVE to go out and get Simmons.

lol you got your wish about the torching but Ballard ain’t moving. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Blackmon finally had a good year in year four. It's quite common that in year 4 players seem to get it.

No way this should be a contending year for us, but it is a good year to develop our youth so they will be Veterans.

Ballard and his Capoligist see things that we don't. 

I'll roll with it but if he gets Gilmore and Simmons both, that would add some jolly around here 😀.

Blackmon had his best year but he has been productive but always hurt , we need to sign a vet safety doesn’t have to be Simmons but we need a vet to have on roster to take over after cross/thomas cost us week one against Texans. Sometimes people thing fans don’t know nothing but we not as dumb as they think. Like every year we come into season with a obvious problem that we think we should address and we are assured it’s not and issue and it normally turns into an issue , 

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Simmons has a scheduled visit with the Falcons in the next few days.  They have the lowest cap space in the league right now at $3.5m.  Watch him sign there.

As Colts fans we must learn to trust the process....

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Simmons has a scheduled visit with the Falcons in the next few days.  They have the lowest cap space in the league right now at $3.5m.  Watch him sign there.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

By far the biggest part of what Rapoport said was that Atlanta was hit with injuries at the position. They are being proactive and trying to get Simmons as a starter. There is now a team with leverage that can offer something besides money other than us. We had a window to sign him, and it looks likes that window is shut. I knew this would happen once there was a couple injuries. 

22 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

By far the biggest part of what Rapoport said was that Atlanta was hit with injuries at the position. They are being proactive and trying to get Simmons as a starter. There is now a team with leverage that can offer something besides money other than us. We had a window to sign him, and it looks likes that window is shut. I knew this would happen once there was a couple injuries. 

Likely so did Simmons. This isn’t over. He just got some leverage to up the ante for his services. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

almost like that’s exactly what Simmons waited for. 

you act like we had a chance to sign him, yet I’ve not seen one thing that indicates he was ever coming here or even interested… Pretend roster building 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

almost like that’s exactly what Simmons waited for. 

you act like we had a chance to sign him, yet I’ve not seen one thing that indicates he was ever coming here or even interested… Pretend roster building 

We may not have had a chance to sign him yet, but there's no real interest from us either. I'd like to at least hear we are in the mix for him. Trying and failing is better than not trying at all. 

2 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

We may not have had a chance to sign him yet, but there's no real interest from us either. I'd like to at least hear we are in the mix for him. Trying and failing is better than not trying at all. 

We don’t know that. There was a report we were linked, which indicates some interest. Doesn’t sound mutual. Sort of like Sneed situation. 

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

We don’t know that. There was a report we were linked, which indicates some interest. Doesn’t sound mutual. Sort of like Sneed situation. 

Yeah I remember the one from Destin Adams. I want to take him seriously as a legitimate Colts reporter, but Sneed and now Simmons he seems to be off on. 

30 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

You know any of this how?

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You know any of this how?

It would have been reported. Ian Rapoport reported when the Saints and Falcons had visits with him. Also, Ed Dodds said that they needed to watch the Safeties play in real games before making a decision. Unless our FO wasn't telling the truth and Rapoport reported on every team recently but the Colts, then I believe we aren't in the running.

28 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

It would have been reported. Ian Rapoport reported when the Saints and Falcons had visits with him. Also, Ed Dodds said that they needed to watch the Safeties play in real games before making a decision. Unless our FO wasn't telling the truth and Rapoport reported on every team recently but the Colts, then I believe we aren't in the running.

Yeah, he hasn’t visited. Doesn’t appear that he will. I think there was interest though. Ballard doesn’t strike me as the kind to not call… The reason he’s not signed yet is because he’s leveraging for as much money (and the ideal situation) for himself. I don’t blame him. And I don’t really blame us for not getting into a cat and mouse game and bidding war. But we need to do something, I will agree on that. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Are you sure about that? 

This is not the Ryan Grigson administration where it was open knowledge of every single player the colts were looking at.

Chris Ballards biggest moves and signings have ALWAYS been kept absolutely secret to where not Rapoport or anyone else has anything but moments notice of a deal or even talks. See Buckner for example. 

36 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Money will talk here. If the Colts offer top dollar, I suspect he’ll be dressing in blue soon. 

Agreed. I think it’ll be more the guaranteed money vs the total number that will be the deciding factor. That said, we’ve been high bidder before and still lost out

Don't know if Simmons suits us to be honest. We usually play single high, Simmons is 31 years old now and ran a 4.6 40, not sure will he give us the range back there. I kind of understand why Ballard wants a thorough evaluation of Cross at FS before he makes a decision.

• Like 2