Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank fired by Panthers (Merged)

runthepost

Way too soon and way too harsh. 

I know we all know Frank's shortcomings, but wow that is just a ridiculously heavy handed approach. How could he be expected to implement anything meaningful in such a short time - especially if the rumors are true that he wanted Stroud originally.

I hopw he lands as an OC somewhere or even another HC job.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Too bad the GM isn't going with him - Frank may have sealed his own fate by taking over playcalling which got him fired from here, but the GM had the #1 pick and a choice between Young, Stroud, Richardson & Levis and he picked the worst of all of them first overall, and that's not Frank's fault unless he personally lobbied for Young, which I doubt is the case.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Frank is the fall guy for a very bad and meddlesome owner.   But hopefully, the Panthers don’t mess with his money.  

It's brutal... Fired midseason back to back years... I feel for him, but his offense was doing Bryce no favors... 

And I see this as the Panthers desperate to get out of the top of the draft since they're giving it to Chicago. Just a bad situation all around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Oops... 12 weeks!

And no first round draft pick. 

Worse, tanking for Chicago's first round pick. 

I think that's the only reason for the change to be honest. They're desperate to win a few more games so Chicago doesn't have the #1 overall with their pick. 

This whole sequence could go down as one of the biggest blunders in recent NFL history. Trading away everything, including Moore to get Young. 

• Like 1

Also gotta say, that final play yesterday where they threw a screen on a 4th down in their own territory was probably one of the most "we give up" 4th down attempts I've seen from Frank. They might as well have just punted the ball. That play alone could've been the final straw. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It's brutal... Fired midseason back to back years... I feel for him, but his offense was doing Bryce no favors... 

And I see this as the Panthers desperate to get out of the top of the draft since they're giving it to Chicago. Just a bad situation all around. 

What’s the famous quote from former coach Jerry Glanville?    The NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG if you’re not winning!  

I don’t know if Frank retires or tries to be an OC, but even that may not happen.  I’m sure his reputation has taken a beating these last two years, especially this one.  

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

What’s the famous quote from former coach Jerry Glanville?    The NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG if you’re not winning!  

I don’t know if Frank retires or tries to be an OC, but even that may not happen.  I’m sure his reputation has taken a beating these last two years, especially this one.  

And I agree with you on the fact it's not on him alone. 

Tepper and his GM signed off on the idea of moving up the draft and giving away their future to draft Young. A strategy that almost never works out. But I suppose Tepper isn't much of a historian of the NFL or even knows of the common pitfalls such as trading up. 

• Like 1

Im not surprised this happened today.   I read last night that the owner, Pepper, stormed out of the locker room after the game loudly and slamming doors.  I think the writing was on the wall when that happens.   I just want them to pay Frank his money.   That’s all I care about at this point. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Eberflus will be canned soon too.  Another indictment on Ballard for me. 

how is that an indictment on Ballard? 

That his defensive coordinator that was wildly successful here was hired as a head coach elsewhere and didn’t succeed? 

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

That his defensive coordinator that was wildly successful here was hired as a head coach elsewhere and didn’t succeed? 

seems like Ballard got the current head coaching situation right… 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Just a troll doing troll things. I'm shocked they're even here after a win. Usually they skulk in the shadows until the next loss. 

It didn't help either with what D Ryans has done with the Texans or what Shane has done with the Colts MINUS his star rookie qb in the making. I'm not sure he's even an upper tier oc. He was fired in San Diego because of the offense that lacked explosive plays and in Philly he was oc by title only because hc Peterson called the plays.

Early in his Panther tenure some fans were calling for Frank to relinquish playcalling duties (sound familiar) and ultimately some in their management agreed as Frank reluctantly gave up those duties after saying that's not what the team needed at the time. It was announced a couple of weeks ago that Frank had reclaimed those duties but continued to garner subpar results. I wish Frank well because by ALL accounts he's truly a good person.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Jonmal7 said:

Pathers had 9th overall pick last year,

Tells you that they were a bad team going into the draft, then gave up draft picks and a good weapon for a young QB to have to then take the worst young QB of the 4 in contention.  JMO.

27 minutes ago, #12. said:

Oh boy, Eagles travel to Carolina next year.  Siriani will take the "that was for Frank Reich" act down there.

Sirianni's acts are getting old to me. 

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Tells you that they were a bad team going into the draft, then gave up draft picks and a good weapon for a young QB to have to then take the worst young QB of the 4 in contention.  JMO.

The GM needs to go as well. I really doubt that would have been Frank's pick, if he were given the choice. I bet it is a matter of time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

There are few jobs in the NFL for head coaching, so I'm sure they'll have interested candidates... But for me personally, I would not want to work with David Tepper and his impatience unless I was given a guaranteed money contract. 

That is a nightmare/disaster situation going on over there. 

• Like 1