Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Irsay: AR OUT for SEASON

csmopar

44 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson does not have the same injury as Luck. The issue with Andrew is he decided to keep playing and hurt it worse instead of just getting his labrum fixed right away.

He also went snowboarding...

Please for the love of God someone keep Anthony away from any winter resorts...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, twfish said:

I feel like we are in the exact same spot we have been in for several years now. A playoff roster lacking a QB. I don't mean to be a downer but this season is pretty much over for me now. No real excitement 

I guess if you have a good enough QB, any roster can be a playoff roster. I don't think our roster is that impressive.

The big thing we were all looking forward to was watching Richardson play, and hopefully improve as the season went on. It sucks that we won't get anymore of that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Superman said:

I guess if you have a good enough QB, any roster can be a playoff roster. I don't think our roster is that impressive.

I agree with this a gazillion percent.

Just now, Superman said:

The big thing we were all looking forward to was watching Richardson play, and hopefully improve as the season went on. It sucks that we won't get anymore of that.

Yeah, there really isn't that much to be excited about I guess.  

I still think there is an outside chance we can compete in the division this year, even though I don't think we have an impressive roster.  We are playing a lot of not good teams.  If not after a week or two, I won't be overly interested in the games. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, twfish said:

I feel like we are in the exact same spot we have been in for several years now. A playoff roster lacking a QB. I don't mean to be a downer but this season is pretty much over for me now. No real excitement 

Agreed on the no real excitement part. Disagree that this team has playoff roster. We have SEVERE lack of talent(or young guys we still don't know about) at some of the most important positions and you cannot be a serious playoff contender with those types of holes IMO. I guess a great QB might drag this team to the playoffs like Luck used to, but I don't think this roster is close to contention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, stitches said:

Agreed on the no real excitement part. Disagree that this team has playoff roster. We have SEVERE lack of talent(or young guys we still don't know about) at some of the most important positions and you cannot be a serious playoff contender with those types of holes IMO. I guess a great QB might drag this team to the playoffs like Luck used to, but I don't think this roster is close to contention. 

We are not that far off. The secondary is the real huge  need. We can get a little better depth in places. A elite QB always lifts your team to new heights. This league has a lot of parody. Teams are very close talent wide. There are always a couple who are plain just bad but most teams can beat anyone. Colts are not a cellar dweller. But a bad QB can drag a team down.

38 minutes ago, twfish said:

The difference is we have a QB. We also have a LT. He is injured and it’s found to be delayed now but we are not where we were last couple years. I also think we have much better coaching.

2 hours ago, J@son said:

this is why people need to read articles before commenting on them.  nothing in the article says, suggests nor implies that Irsay is deciding anything for Anthony.

Um, what?  how so? 

Poor word choice on my part to say that irsay decided it.   I think in the corporate world, words from the ceo carry weight

anecdotally if you recall the convo polian and dungy had over the ultimate Dallas Clark pick.  Irsay pops in and says I don’t know what you will do but i would take the tight end.  Polian said that ended the discussion right there 

So when irsay is the spokesman for a decision.  It makes me think he weighed in on it.  And now the matter is settled.  

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

1 minute ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

That was actually the original shoulder injury correct?

The original was during the Titans game early in the season. Then in that offseason he re-injured it in a snowboarding accident… 

In hindsight, he probably should’ve went through with the surgery immediately to repair it all. But that’s not an easy call to make in the moment.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Poor word choice on my part to say that irsay decided it.   I think in the corporate world, words from the ceo carry weight

anecdotally if you recall the convo polian and dungy had over the ultimate Dallas Clark pick.  Irsay pops in and says I don’t know what you will do but i would take the tight end.  Polian said that ended the discussion right there 

So when irsay is the spokesman for a decision.  It makes me think he weighed in on it.  And now the matter is settled.  

ok I get the poor word choice, it happens.  to your point about the Clark pick, that's an apples to oranges comparison.  Deciding which draft pick to make and making a decision about surgery are very, very different things.

Just now, J@son said:

ok I get the poor word choice, it happens.  to your point about the Clark pick, that's an apples to oranges comparison.  Deciding which draft pick to make and making a decision about surgery are very, very different things.

Perhaps.  I think his opinion is still looking after what’s best for the franchise.  But I don’t think he would dictate to a player about what to do with his body

then again.  What was his vax position for wentz.  Lol. 

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

then again.  What was his vax position for wentz.  Lol. 

well I actually think this is your answer.  yeah it was pretty obvious that Irsay was upset with the players that didn't get the vax, but he also didn't try to force it on anyone.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I think '21 and '22 were perfect examples of this team not being ready for long playoff runs, even if '22 was a worst case scenario-season. I don't even think we're a consistent Wildcard-candidate team at this point.

This was what "my" colts season was all about after AR showed so much promise during the preseason. Missing that really puts a damper on the season for me.

• Like 2

if you think about it, the NFL scriptwriters have kept a consistent theme with the Colts.

promising QB - injury

journeyman backup

journeyman backup 

journeyman backup

journeyman backup 

journeyman backup

journeyman backup 

promising QB - injruy

journeyman backup

journeyman backup 

5 hours ago, twfish said:

Don't think the colts roster is playoff caliber unless a elite QB elevates them in a weak division..... which AR5 was and the AFC south is. 

Like you and others I feel same way. 

• Like 4

On 10/17/2023 at 9:47 AM, Creekside said:

This article states that Jim Irsay said, " I mean, it's not definite"..........

This article does not say that AR is out for the season...(I know he probably WILL be)...But this report is not exactly the final word on the matter...

"probably"..."in all likelyhood"..."not definite"....Did anyone read the article?

no i was depending on you guys

23 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Yea but here’s the thing, he’s not gonna be able to practice. We don’t k ow the extent of the Injury and the timetable for recovery. If they’re suggesting it’s a shutdown for the remainder of the year then one has to assume that he likely won’t be engaged in any physical activity outside of rehab. So there goes the whole “practice /scout team thing.

Yes and that is unfortunate.  But him having time to fully absorb the offense vice being out there with his legs taking shots is nice.  Rookie QBs generally don't take teams anywhere noteworthy year one anyway.  So he should be able to master that playbook, get to the point where he know the plays inside and out, and next year in camp the installs should be smooth for him and he'll be ready to roll.

13 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

This isn't the worst news.  We got to see his potential.  i'm sure he will recover and be ready for 2024, assuming he doesn't use AL's surgeon!  lol.   

Minshew madness for the rest of the year.  He's a game manager.  We have a decent defense and a potentially strong ground game.  Hopefully we have a lot of close games and pull out some victories.   

this will give us a chance to see how good our new head coach really is, if he can use our rbs and this roster to make the playoffs, then we will know he is really good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boondoggle said:

Yes and that is unfortunate.  But him having time to fully absorb the offense vice being out there with his legs taking shots is nice.  Rookie QBs generally don't take teams anywhere noteworthy year one anyway.  So he should be able to master that playbook, get to the point where he know the plays inside and out, and next year in camp the installs should be smooth for him and he'll be ready to roll.

From what I’m reading….  If AR has to get surgery, he likely won’t be able to do much throwing until roughly May.   Not much camp left.   Then comes the roughly 45 day break followed by the fall camp starting in late July.    I believe that’s when we will all have a better idea of how the surgery went and how much of the playbook AR has been able to absorb.  

If I’m off on my info here, I’m sure someone will correct me. 

5 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

this will give us a chance to see how good our new head coach really is, if he can use our rbs and this roster to make the playoffs, then we will know he is really good

that’s a good point too.   Let’s see him make lemonade. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AKB said:

if you think about it, the NFL scriptwriters have kept a consistent theme with the Colts.

promising QB - injury

journeyman backup

journeyman backup 

journeyman backup

journeyman backup 

journeyman backup

journeyman backup 

promising QB - injruy

journeyman backup

journeyman backup 

and the writers are supposed to be on strike right now too.  Lol