Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources Colts have called about Jerry Jeudy

Restinpeacesweetchloe

10 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

WR, CB, S, DE and DT are all possible in the first round. First four could use the boost from 1st round talent and DT bc I see us losing Grover or Buckner in the next year or two bc of financials. 

As far a Jeudy, Day 3 pick would make it worth exploring. I believe he has had health issues and will be due an extension shortly so both drive the price down. I could see a team like the Bills could overpay bc they are ready to contend. 

I think a day 3 pick or less makes good sense

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, csmopar said:

There is no one on that team I would give even a 7th rounder for. Hell I wouldn’t sign any of them for more than a Dollar. Usually, even when a team is a dumpster fire, there’s one or two that are standouts, but that roster has no one that standouts out to me on it

Patrick Surtain wouldn’t even get a 7th rounder is crazy to say because he’ll be a top 3 player on this team

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I live in western New York.  No one can believe they have done nothing to improve their running game and they play in an outdoor stadium.  They’re one decent back they trade to the Colts in Moss.  They have drafted a couple but so far nothing.  And everyone says finding a rb in the draft is not hard.  Right. 

how much effort has buffalo put into running the ball this year? they are usually pretty pass happy. they may already have the talent at RB like they did with Moss but no real emphasis at running.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

how much effort has buffalo put into running the ball this year? they are usually pretty pass happy. they may already have the talent at RB like they did with Moss but no real emphasis at running.

Quite a bit actually.  They have pulled back on designed runs for Josh quite a bit but the running backs are not that great and their OL has had issues with injuries.  They should add a running back before the deadline.  Doing nothing makes no sense to me.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Quite a bit actually.  They have pulled back on designed runs for Josh quite a bit but the running backs are not that great and their OL has had issues with injuries.  They should add a running back before the deadline.  Doing nothing makes no sense to me.

what happened to that young back they drafted that ran the TD on us in preseason? have they tried to run him much?

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Bills online is their Achilles heal.

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

what happened to that young back they drafted that ran the TD on us in preseason? have they tried to run him much?

Cook...he is their #1 RB

1 hour ago, krunk said:

aren't you the one who thought Stroud would be a bust?

To be fair and honest, yes I was. And let’s see how things shake out. Right now, he’s proving me wrong and I’ll own that. But as with AR and Young, it’s far too early to tell. Like I’ve said, ask me in 3 years if they bust. All three still could or one or more might be the next great thing. Either way, if I’m wrong ,I’ll own it

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Trade for Jeudy IF Steichen agrees.  Ballard and his scouts have not done well in picking WR's. Reich and Ballard picked Paris Campbell versus Terry McLaughlin, who begged the Colts to draft him. 

To be fair Frank Reich pounded the table for Campbell so I don't blame that on Ballard

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AustexColt said:

Trade for Jeudy IF Steichen agrees.  Ballard and his scouts have not done well in picking WR's. Reich and Ballard picked Paris Campbell versus Terry McLaughlin, who begged the Colts to draft him. 

Frank would have clearly outlined his philosophy and the mix of skills required to build an offense capable of stressing a D at all levels.

Campbell ran in the 4.3's (exceptional), had a history of vg health, ran like a RB, and demonstrated a very high end. He was a solid choice.

Welcome to the NFL. Injuries piled up and he didn't pan out.

Ballard listened to Frank a lot, and a lot didn't pan out. Much of that was because their philosophies matched.

So yes, I think Steichen will have to sell Ballard and Irsay on the right path to go with our receiving core.

And I will be beyond shocked if they choose Jeudy as our long-term answer at WR. You are looking at $13M next year, so as Our Guy, a 4-5 year contract would be part of this.

This guy has Reggies 4.45 speed, NOT take off the top speed, not Reggies hands or superb route running. 

It does make sense to add a speedster on a rookie contract or perhaps sign or trade for one using that $13M + next off-season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Frank would have clearly outlined his philosophy and the mix of skills required to build an offense capable of stressing a D at all levels.

Campbell ran in the 4.3's (exceptional), had a history of vg health, ran like a RB, and demonstrated a very high end. He was a solid choice.

Welcome to the NFL. Injuries piled up and he didn't pan out.

Ballard listened to Frank a lot, and a lot didn't pan out. Much of that was because their philosophies matched.

So yes, I think Steichen will have to sell Ballard and Irsay on the right path to go with our receiving core.

And I will be beyond shocked if they choose Jeudy as our long-term answer at WR. You are looking at $13M next year, so as Our Guy, a 4-5 year contract would be part of this.

This guy has Reggies 4.45 speed, NOT take off the top speed, not Reggies hands or superb route running. 

It does make sense to add a speedster on a rookie contract or perhaps sign or trade for one using that $13M + next off-season. 

I really don't think they would extend him this year.  Wouldn't make sense.  They would want to see him finish this year and see how he performs.  They could wait until 2024 to make sure.  Ballard has been interested in Jeudy for quite some time.  He hasn't pulled the trigger previously because the price was obviously too high.  Now he is a good spot.  And he's back making a call.  Hard not to see him making a trade after all this time.  But you never know.  He's probably making other calls as well. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Are you saying that Reich is tanking on purpose?! haha

(Just kidding, sorta)

The funny thing is, the Panthers can't tank now even if they wanted too because they don't have a 1st rounder from acquiring Bryce Young. I know you were kidding, but it's funny that the Bears may have the top 2 picks at the end of the year and there's a possibility Fields may figure it out still.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

After today's game, I'd rather have Sutton than Jeudy. At least Sutton can have a decent performance when Wilson is at his very worst. Jeudy got called out by Steve Smith and got shut down by Trent McDuffie. 

Steve Smith one of the worst analysts on tv.  I’m surprised he still has a job.  Not a big deal.  If Ballard is still calling about Jeudy that’s all we need to know.  He views him as an upgrade and a potential asset. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Steve Smith one of the worst analysts on tv.  I’m surprised he still has a job.  Not a big deal.  If Ballard is still calling about Jeudy that’s all we need to know.  He views him as an upgrade and a potential asset. 

Yeah, if anything, it may be good that he had that bad performance. It could A.) scare teams away or B.) lower the price a bit for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

After today's game, I'd rather have Sutton than Jeudy. At least Sutton can have a decent performance when Wilson is at his very worst. Jeudy got called out by Steve Smith and got shut down by Trent McDuffie. 

There were plays jeudy was open and didn't  get targeted 

• Like 1

Honestly, I haven't a clue how good or average Jeudy is since I haven't seen him play much. 

Is he a #1 like the colts need? Or is he just a better receiver than Pierce(so far)? 

But its a good sign if true that the colts interested in finally upgrading a important position of need. 

But while at it why not Hopkins or that guy in Minnesota??? haha

But Ballard trading for a upper echelon WR is something I will need to see before I believe it. :banana:

Debating about adding Jerry Jeudy is just kinda dumb. 

Is

He

Better

Than

Who

We

Have

The answer should be a resounding yes.............

He was the Biletnikoff winner after all AND has produced at the NFL level in spite of only 'serviceable' QB play. If all of you that are clamoring for a Pittman extension aren't onboard with Jeudy then I am at a loss for words.

177 - 2517 - 14.2 - 9 over 46 games - Jeudy

258 - 2807 - 10.9 - 12 over 51 games - Pittman

Different styles of play but similar numbers.

Just like adding AJ Brown (which I am not comparing the players, but the parallels) to DeVonte Smith this could help elevate AR5 and GM10 and the passing game. It also adds a "1st Round" talent WR to the room thus affording an opportunity in the draft to pick a different need (like CB) perhaps. This allows Alec Pierce to grow as well without the pressure to perform - though I do like him as a slot WR because of his blocking! 

There are so many ripples that could happen from this trade it's a no brainer to me!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If we could get a wr and cb we would be good

I agree.  But something tells me Ballard is happy with our young corners and how they are developing.  Trading for a corner now would surprise me but you never know.  Jeudy, on the other hand, I could see him going after.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Debating about adding Jerry Jeudy is just kinda dumb. 

Is

He

Better

Than

Who

We

Have

The answer should be a resounding yes.............

He was the Biletnikoff winner after all AND has produced at the NFL level in spite of only 'serviceable' QB play. If all of you that are clamoring for a Pittman extension aren't onboard with Jeudy then I am at a loss for words.

177 - 2517 - 14.2 - 9 over 46 games - Jeudy

258 - 2807 - 10.9 - 12 over 51 games - Pittman

Different styles of play but similar numbers.

Just like adding AJ Brown (which I am not comparing the players, but the parallels) to DeVonte Smith this could help elevate AR5 and GM10 and the passing game. It also adds a "1st Round" talent WR to the room thus affording an opportunity in the draft to pick a different need (like CB) perhaps. This allows Alec Pierce to grow as well without the pressure to perform - though I do like him as a slot WR because of his blocking! 

There are so many ripples that could happen from this trade it's a no brainer to me!

I get he has talent, he's yet to prove anything and he's also delt with injuries. Comparing him to AJ Brown is a stretch.

I don't really want Jeudy, I don't think he has really shown to be anything special. If it's a 6 or 7 sure, but I'm not tryna throw even an early day 3 pick at it. That said, reading about the beef between him and Steve Smith is hilarious and makes me like him more.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:04 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not a good look for Juedy.

Truth….watched a ton of Denver games in the afternoon. Dude has the worst work ethic I’ve ever seen. If he isn’t the primary receiver he gives up on plays. Runs routes at 3/4 speed and horrible run blocker. Unless he is going to totally turn his attitude around I have no clue why anyone would want this guy.