Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources Colts have called about Jerry Jeudy

Restinpeacesweetchloe

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry I missed the joke….

Out here, I’m currently on the IR and I’m suffering badly from sleep deprivation.   So I’m way WAY off my mental game.   Things that should be obvious — aren’t.  

Looking forward to better days….   Hopefully soon.      :peek:

What’s causing the lack of sleep?

There are some decent WRs that could be had in mid 1 and mid 2

and….

You REALLY can’t have two full cost WRs (Juedy) unless you are making a run this year (We aren’t) 

Pittman will get 15-16m. Juedy would need a bit more…

Pittman is. Very good WR2….. He isn’t a game changer needed by the Colts, but he DOES have value

We aren’t making a run this year

At this point….. unless someone is near free….. just play it out

7 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

What’s causing the lack of sleep?

For about the last 6-7 weeks I’ve had seriously terrible sciatic pain.   Lower back, hips, down the right leg.   And no position standing, sitting or laying down gives me any relief.   So I get maybe 2-3 hours of sleep,  2-3 times every 24 hours,  and I only fall asleep when my exhaustion exceeds my pain.   It’s been truly miserable.  

Coincidentally, today is the first day I’ve felt a little better.  So I’m hoping the worst is behind me.   You’re kind to ask….   

• Like 3

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-report-broncos-are-close-to-trading-wr-jerry-jeudy-to-another-afc-team/ar-AA1ixh7e

What are the Denver Broncos asking for Jerry Jeudy?

Multiple reports suggest that the Denver Broncos are seeking at least a second-round pick in exchange for Jerry Jeudy. The Colts are reportedly open to this proposal, but both sides will need to engage in negotiations to ensure the best possible terms for this deal.

While the Broncos used their 2020 15th overall pick to draft Jerry Jeudy, they understand that they won’t receive a first-round selection in return. Nevertheless, because Jeudy is still regarded as a top-tier receiver by many executives, the request for a second-round pick does seem reasonable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

There are some decent WRs that could be had in mid 1 and mid 2

and….

You REALLY can’t have two full cost WRs (Juedy) unless you are making a run this year (We aren’t) 

Pittman will get 15-16m. Juedy would need a bit more…

Pittman is. Very good WR2….. He isn’t a game changer needed by the Colts, but he DOES have value

We aren’t making a run this year

At this point….. unless someone is near free….. just play it out

Why would Juedy need more than Pittman?

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For about the last 6-7 weeks I’ve had seriously terrible sciatic pain.   Lower back, hips, down the right leg.   And no position standing, sitting or laying down gives me any relief.   So I get maybe 2-3 hours of sleep,  2-3 times every 24 hours,  and I only fall asleep when my exhaustion exceeds my pain.   It’s been truly miserable.  

Coincidentally, today is the first day I’ve felt a little better.  So I’m hoping the worst is behind me.   You’re kind to ask….   

This getting old crap sucks. 

Hope your good day turns into several in a row. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nyyankeechris said:

Sure....I would like Juedy....but for a 2nd round pick?  No way.  Of course....the other side would WANT a 2nd round pick....but I am almost positive that WONT happen.  I was thinking a 3rd or 4th should get it done....a 3rd is likely STILL pushing it.

I’d offer a 4th at the most. Otherwise, let’s roll with what we have currently. 

id offer a third if the broncos agree to pay most of his salary this year like we did with some others 

13 hours ago, w87r said:

Just wondering if anyone is thinking Jeudy might be Pittman's replacement?

If the Colts aren't comfortable paying Pittman $20m+, Jeudy's $12m could be the insurance they are looking for and gives them an additional year to figure it out.

Just throwing things out there.

Jeudy

Pierce

Downs

As the 1-3?

Pittman has left a lot to be desired out there this season. Currently graded out at 67.7(50/113).

50th best WR in the league.

Jeudy has a grade of 65.4(56/113), just slightly under Pittman.

It’s entirely plausible 

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Am I reading this right?   You’re famous for your humor so I’m not sure if I’m missing your joke?   

But Jeudy had been a disappointment so it’s hard to see anyone pay the price you suggest.   Did something just go over my head?    :giveup:

According  to fantasy football  site  jeudy has averaged 3.6 yards of separation third most on nfl for receivers with atleast 100 targets

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My wife is only 34 but suffers from sciatic pain as well. Apparently it's a genetic thing? 

Dang, NCF I stand behind you in hoping you've got some pain free nights coming!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-report-broncos-are-close-to-trading-wr-jerry-jeudy-to-another-afc-team/ar-AA1ixh7e

Multiple reports suggest that the Denver Broncos are seeking at least a second-round pick in exchange for Jerry Jeudy. The Colts are reportedly open to this proposal, but both sides will need to engage in negotiations to ensure the best possible terms for this deal.

While the Broncos used their 2020 15th overall pick to draft Jerry Jeudy, they understand that they won’t receive a first-round selection in return. Nevertheless, because Jeudy is still regarded as a top-tier receiver by many executives, the request for a second-round pick does seem reasonable.

Well, that means no Jeudy.  That would be a fireable offense to send a 2nd rounder for Jeudy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I feel bad for you.  I developed sciatica in the past few months.  But mine happens only when standing.  I can sit lay down and even walk for about a half mile until it builds up

I Can’t imagine your situation where you get no relief at all.  I also have better appreciation for why folks can get addicted to pain killers but I try to stay away from that stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I feel bad for you.  I developed sciatica in the past few months.  But mine happens only when standing.  I can sit lay down and even walk for about a half mile until it builds up

I Can’t imagine your situation where you get no relief at all.  I also have better appreciation for why folks can get addicted to pain killers but I try to stay away from that stuff. 

I suffer from migraines. I've had a lot of friends and family tell me to get prescription painkillers to help, but I come from a long line of addicts (mostly alcoholics). I'm terrified to try anything stronger than Excedrin. I'd rather be in pain than lose my will and freedom to a substance. 

• Like 2

A second round pick wouldn’t bother me at all.  I would trust Ballard on what he gives up.  He’s a very good trader actually.  Knowing him if he gives up a second he will probably get another lower pick in return as part of the trade.  No worries.  I hope he pulls off the trade.  He’s just what we need.

I might be different, but I'm not a fan of the pushy "door to door" salesman approach with products or athletes. If your product requires you to shove it down people's throats to be interested, then to me something is wrong with that product. 

A really good product sells itself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, w87r said:

11 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

So if both of these reports are right no way am I giving up a second rounder for a guy they called you to unload.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

So if both of these reports are right no way am I giving up a second rounder for a guy they called you to unload.

Right now, there is still some hope for us salvaging a decent record. But, we also could regress, and end up with a position in top 10 picking order.  Our 2nd round would be a very valuable pick. Seems absurd to offer that for Jeudy, who has thus far underachieved.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TigerColt said:

Terrence Marshal is requesting a trade to get out of Carolina.   Think this would be an interesting move

They already shipped out D J Moore, they are not going to deprive their young QB of everything they have right now. It might be more smoke and mirrors, just like draft time. 😉 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It won’t be a second rounder. I can only see it happen if it’s a fourth round or less.

Absolutely, won't be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th......   From what I've read, nobody has inquired about Jeudy, it's the other way around. Denver is a fire sale. Richard Pallo's favorite time of the season. 

• Like 2

Pittman and Jeudy together with Downs, McKenzie, and Pierce. Move around to get the best matchups depending on the defensive look.  I think that's a pretty good combo. Would help us now but definitely next year with AR. Be nice to have multiple receivers who run great routes. Make it happen CB.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peter Nova said:

Absolutely, won't be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th......   From what I've read, nobody has inquired about Jeudy, it's the other way around. Denver is a fire sale. Richard Pallo's favorite time of the season. 

you read one article of multiple. we will see what actually happens

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

you read one article of multiple. we will see what actually happens

I'd wager the Colts aren't buyers as usual, and it's obvious to me for a multitude of reasons. 

And as for Jeudy, I can't even get excited about the guy. He's no better than Pittman or Downs.  So, I guess the article has merit, and Steve Smith opinion. :lol:

Have a nice Day!

4 minutes ago, Peter Nova said:

I'd wager the Colts aren't buyers as usual, and it's obvious to me for a multitude of reasons. 

And as for Jeudy, I can't even get excited about the guy. He's no better than Pittman or Downs.  So, I guess the article has merit, and Steve Smith opinion. :lol:

Have a nice Day!

I personally would invest in a high draft pick in Round 1 next year in the WR deep draft. Any WR needs TC with his QB to really gel, IMO. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I personally would invest in a high draft pick in Round 1 next year in the WR deep draft. Any WR needs TC with his QB to really gel, IMO. 

That is my hope.  Drafting a skill position player (WR), that's badly needed for the offense. I might even go so far as to trade up, to ensure getting the right guy which is always a risk, but it's better than settling for players like Jeudy. We have to many of those players. I don't want to be patient for another decade.