Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources Colts have called about Jerry Jeudy

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Ballard won't do an extension until the year is done. It has to be a Day 3 pick, a 4th rounder at best. 

Amari Cooper went for a 6th, Brandin Cooks for a 5th and a 6th. So Day 3 pick at best. 

Only the Bears will ridiculously overpay for Claypool for a 2nd rounder to the Steelers. Everything else seems to be around Day 3 picks.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ballard won't do an extension until the year is done. It has to be a Day 3 pick, a 4th rounder at best. 

Amari Cooper went for a 6th, Brandin Cooks for a 5th and a 6th. So Day 3 pick at best. 

Only the Bears will ridiculously overpay for Claypool for a 2nd rounder to the Steelers. Everything else seems to be around Day 3 picks.

He had his fifth year picked up. Colts wouldn’t have to do anything until after the 24 season is over.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He had his fifth year picked up. Colts wouldn’t have to do anything until after the 24 season is over.

So, we can extend Pittman after this year and then worry about Jeudy after another year. Sounds right to me.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Would you guys take jeudy and send pierce to Denver?

I don't see us giving up a once promising rookie in his 2nd year for a WR that won't take more then a 3rd/4th to get. I think Denver would prefer to have the pick honestly. 

• Like 5

Just now, bluephantom87 said:

Jeudy is just meh to me.... Once thought to be a game changer coming out of college but he's been more of a solid piece and we already have enough of that in our receiver room.

their quarterback play has been bad

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If that is true, I think it tells you what this org thinks of Pierce and Pittman

Maybe more Pierce than Pittman. Pittman does a lot of dirty work that gets unnoticed. 

Either way it’s refreshing to have a coach make it point to shore up a glaring weakness on our passing attack. First Hamler, now Jeudy. Wouldn’t be the least bit surprising to see us draft a WR in the first round this year. 

4 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Maybe more Pierce than Pittman. Pittman does a lot of dirty work that gets unnoticed. 

Either way it’s refreshing to have a coach make it point to shore up a glaring weakness on our passing attack. First Hamler, now Jeudy. Wouldn’t be the least bit surprising to see us draft a WR in the first round this year. 

Getting Juedy would make us 5 deep. That would be nice. My guess is if this happened McKenzie or Rodger  might be gone. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Broncos are terrible and tanking so take advantage imo. Getting Jeudy for a 5th or 6th is a good deal as he could benefit from a change in scenery and still has a lot of talent. Pierce needs to be WR4 at best right now. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Jeudy is just meh to me.... Once thought to be a game changer coming out of college but he's been more of a solid piece and we already have enough of that in our receiver room.

If you look at their careers Jeudy and Pittman have basically the same production. Not sure if you consider that good or not but it's fair to say neither has had elite QB play (minus 1 year with Rivers for Pittman). I'd be thrilled if we could get him. It'd either put Pierce out or make him step up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

their quarterback play has been bad

I'll give you that because he was a beast at Bama! He's still relatively young and sometimes a change of scenery is necessary. IF he can come in and be that guy then the Colts would have a nice tandem with he and Pittman. Throw in the emerging Downs and the possibilities could be limitless....

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Would you guys take jeudy and send pierce to Denver?

Honestly, no. Jeudy is older and I think he's reached his ceiling. I don't think Pierce has broken out yet, but I think once AR is in the lineup consistently, he and Downs will become very solid receiving options. Downs already has great chemistry with AR. Pierce is still in just his second year, and he has flashed big potential at times. I would like to give him more time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Honestly, no. Jeudy is older and I think he's reached his ceiling. I don't think Pierce has broken out yet, but I think once AR is in the lineup consistently, he and Downs will become very solid receiving options. Downs already has great chemistry with AR. Pierce is still in just his second year, and he has flashed big potential at times. I would like to give him more time.

Older?  He is only 24. Lol. Pierce is 23.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Honestly the Colts could use another WR even with Pierce.  They have NOTHING if something happens to Pittman, Pierce, or Downs.  So depending on the asking price I’d be interested.

• Like 1

Just now, Stephen said:

Honestly  davonta adams or maybe Courtland Sutton may be good options 

Davanta Adams is too old.

Maybe Sutton

I wouldn't give more than a 4th rounder for Jeudy considering his production and his injury history.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Adams is too old. It needs to be someone younger to grow with this team. I read Sutton I’d also on the trade block. He is too much like Pittman I think. Jeudy would diversify the group.

As good  as adams is he could play another 6 to 8 years and he is way better than Jerry and Sutton combined 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Adams is too old. It needs to be someone younger to grow with this team. I read Sutton I’d also on the trade block. He is too much like Pittman I think. Jeudy would diversify the group.

If he can stay on the field. Adams would instantly  be best wr on roster.

In the interest of dispelling quite a few misconceptiosn I'm seeign about Jeudy here is a comparison to Pittman

DRAFT YEAR: 2020 for both

GAMES PLAYED: Jeudy 45   Pittman 51

YARDS:  Jeudy 2503    Pittman 2807

TDS: Jeudy 9    Pittman 12

Jeudy is not old. 

If hes a bust so is Pittman. 

Jeudy has had bad QB play.

Jeudy is not always injured. 

I'm not saying the Colts should get him (I'd love it if they did) but hes not most of the things I've seen mentioned here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

If you look at their careers Jeudy and Pittman have basically the same production. Not sure if you consider that good or not but it's fair to say neither has had elite QB play (minus 1 year with Rivers for Pittman). I'd be thrilled if we could get him. It'd either put Pierce out or make him step up.

That was my point. I don't consider him a wr1 based on his nfl career so far more of a Pittman clone but in fairness Jeudy has had bad qb play while in Denver. Still only 24 Jeudy has battled injuries too. If the price is a low pick he's worth the risk because his TALENT level is dynamic. Jeudy has only shown flashes to this point and has not lived up to the draft hype coming out of Bama but again his qb play has been bad to say the least.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You're kidding right? How many WRs have played until 38 and stayed at a high level?

Adam's is a generational talent at wr and a true number 1 Jerry IA nother number 2 currently. While Jerry would be better  than pierce it's  debatable if he is better  than Pittman