Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources Colts have called about Jerry Jeudy

Restinpeacesweetchloe

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Destin said this is the third time colts have called about Jeudy . He said first couple times it was unprompted  by colts but this time is different because Denver is willing to trade him. He said colts might feel they have that guy at QB so might be more aggressive. 

Third times the charm?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If Jeudy doesn’t get hurt tonight I think Ballard trades for him.  He’s been jonesen for a WR 1 for a long time now.  Tried to get one in any Taylor trade talk.  I believe he’s a speedster too so that would be perfect.  Big get for the Colts if he pulls it off and I think he will.

Do you have any idea how different the Colts roster would look if they traded for all the guys you wanted?  Also I believe the Colts would not have a day 1 or day 2 pick until 2033 if all those trades came to fruition. 

Lastly, I think the percent of trades that you thought would happen and did not is officially called the Blutarsky - 0.0. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I have decided to not get excited about non-Rare Air players.

I'd rather not replace one ho hum receiver with another ho hum receiver.  And get excited about it.  I'd rather replace both of them with something better than either of them.

Exactly. When Diggs went to Buffalo, when AJ went to Philly....in all these moves that helped accelerate the young QBs growth's, the receiver in question was VERY good already and when they moved, they helped the young QB elevate his game, and they elevated their own game from very good to elite. I don't think Judy is very good right now. He's shown flashes but if we're hoping for an elevator then I don't see how he's any better than Pittman or yes, Pierce (considering the opportunity cost).

Judy isn't a rare-air player. He was that in college. He's not shown it professionally. Possibly scheme but I dunno....scheme shouldn't hold back a guy that much from showing ELITE possibility, Judy has been merely good.,

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not a good look for Juedy.

Smith might be a bit annoyed the guy didnt respond to an old head in the way young cats should. Still, that doesnt mean Steve Smith doesnt know what he's talking about....Jeudy has so far been JAG. Period. If Colts fans think Pitt isnt a #1 then i'm not sure in what world Jeudy is. Pittman >>> Jeudy

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Smith might be a bit annoyed the guy didnt respond to an old head in the way young cats should. Still, that doesnt mean Steve Smith doesnt know what he's talking about....Jeudy has so far been JAG. Period. If Colts fans think Pitt isnt a #1 then i'm not sure in what world Jeudy is. Pittman >>> Jeudy

Yeah Jeudy can go kick rocks far away from the Colts. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Sutton would help us to

would rather have him than Jeudy. He's at least shown that with good health, he can be a problem in this league. No one is worried about Jeudy, he's not a two Tylenol or an ambien guy (thanks Rick Venturi)

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Let’s not forget that he along with his teammates are playing on a team that has been a complete dumpster fire for the last two seasons.  A player’s nightmare.  Even the great Sean Payton can’t help them.  My guess is there are issues percolating throughout the team and front office.  Ballard has been interested in him for two years.  Nothing has changed for him.  He knows it’s a dumpster fire there.   If he is truly interested and winds up trading for him so be it.  He has a nice record when it comes to winning on trades.

If his 5th year is fully paid and the Colts want to give up a late rounder just to see if the remaining part of the year can be a different vibe for Jeudy all the way around and if not, they can let him walk in FA, then take the chance. 

But if this is a high pick and an extension, hard pass, and this is coming from the we need a receiver guy!

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Let’s not forget that he along with his teammates are playing on a team that has been a complete dumpster fire for the last two seasons.  A player’s nightmare.  Even the great Sean Payton can’t help them.  My guess is there are issues percolating throughout the team and front office.  Ballard has been interested in him for two years.  Nothing has changed for him.  He knows it’s a dumpster fire there.   If he is truly interested and winds up trading for him so be it.  He has a nice record when it comes to winning on trades.

I hear ya. Still, even in dumpster fires, there're still flashes of elite abilities. Randy Moss in Oakland? Bad but when he showed up, it was clear he was a god amongst men. Flashes.

Jeudy's flashes show a guy who could be very good not elite and not godlike, I don't see I with him. Dumpster fire or no

13 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He is a good route runner and  would be an upgrade to pierce

Upgrade based on what data? I have never seen anything from either player that screams elite. Both have tools. That's it....tools. Unrealized tools.

I aint buying it with the Bronco. Gimme Sutton instead 

7 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Maybe more Pierce than Pittman. Pittman does a lot of dirty work that gets unnoticed. 

Either way it’s refreshing to have a coach make it point to shore up a glaring weakness on our passing attack. First Hamler, now Jeudy. Wouldn’t be the least bit surprising to see us draft a WR in the first round this year. 

So if the rumours r true then why do u think they retain Pittman. Do u really think they will give away draft capital and then sign Jeudy and then Pittman? I honestly know nothing bout Jeudy but this team is desperately craving a deep threat.

• Like 1

One question I have not seen anyone else mention yet is about our available cap space to even sign Jerry Jeudy and the negative cap space balance it would create.  If the Colts are really serious about making a trade it isn't just for Jeudy someone else or more have to be in consideration just to balance the books.  If the Broncos are truly going to have a fire sale and want something in return, I can see us trading Leonard for Jeudy and would also inquire about picking up DL D.J. Jones as well as insurance for Stewart depending on his future after this season.   Both teams will have positive cap space this season. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

One question I have not seen anyone else mention yet is about our available cap space to even sign Jerry Jeudy and the negative cap space balance it would create.  If the Colts are really serious about making a trade it isn't just for Jeudy someone else or more have to be in consideration just to balance the books.  If the Broncos are truly going to have a fire sale and want something in return, I can see us trading Leonard for Jeudy and would also inquire about picking up DL D.J. Jones as well as insurance for Stewart depending on his future after this season.   Both teams will have positive cap space this season. 

Likd they always say if you want a player bad enough you will make room.

13 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So if the rumours r true then why do u think they retain Pittman. Do u really think they will give away draft capital and then sign Jeudy and then Pittman? I honestly know nothing bout Jeudy but this team is desperately craving a deep threat.

Jeudy is under the fifth year option in 24. He doesn’t need a contact till 24 season is over.

25 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

We don’t have to pay a quarterback or LT for years.  Cap space is not a big deal. They can afford Jeudy and Pittman.  Not a big deal right now.