Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources Colts have called about Jerry Jeudy

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, Stephen said:

Adam's is a generational talent at wr and a true number 1 Jerry IA nother number 2 currently. While Jerry would be better  than pierce it's  debatable if he is better  than Pittman 

I don't think they are looking at Jeudy to replace Pittman. I think they are considering tradig for him for depth and maybe to replace Pierce.

I'm not saying Adams isn't good. But trading for Adams would require a high pick and would likely only be done by a team aiming at a Super Bowl within the next couple of years. That's not the Colts. He's 30+, his age doesn't align with AR's progression.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have been searching  for another wr the whole year just about. From watson of Greenway, to waddle from dolphins, and now Jerry from broncos so it is clear they want another playmaker at wrand Jerry is atleast good enough  to take pressure  off Pittman 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If Jeudy doesn’t get hurt tonight I think Ballard trades for him.  He’s been jonesen for a WR 1 for a long time now.  Tried to get one in any Taylor trade talk.  I believe he’s a speedster too so that would be perfect.  Big get for the Colts if he pulls it off and I think he will.

Yes, he's a short and skinny speedster type, and not a lot of shake.   

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Ballard won't do an extension until the year is done. It has to be a Day 3 pick, a 4th rounder at best. 

Amari Cooper went for a 6th, Brandin Cooks for a 5th and a 6th. So Day 3 pick at best. 

Only the Bears will ridiculously overpay for Claypool for a 2nd rounder to the Steelers. Everything else seems to be around Day 3 picks.

Ballard or Irsay gave in to Taylor so who knows what he might do. 

15 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I don't agree considering  Jerry has been better  than pierce by a landslide 

It's really not fair to say a landslide since Alec Pierce is only in his 2nd year, and Jerry Jeudy is playing in his fourth.

Pierce could possibly equal or surpass Jeudy's numbers over the same amount of years

Pierce

2022:   41 receptions / 593 yards / 14.5 avg / 2 TD

Jeudy

2020:  52 receptions / 856 yards / 16.5 avg / 3 TDs

2021:  38 receptions / 467 yards / 12.3 avg / 0 TDs

2022:  67 receptions / 972 yards / 14.5 avg / 6 TDs

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Jerry is better than he has shone. Wouldn't  say he is a bust yet

He's okay.  A 4th round pick is worth it.  Folks seem to focus on production stats.  Just watch him play.  He gets open, which is good, but he never seems to elude or outrun anybody, and tackles easily.  Adding him certainly shouldn't change any draft plans for WR, IMO....he's not the missing piece.

Please don't take offense anyone....but your a bit nutty if you wouldn't want Juedy on this team.  You guys are highly underrating him....and when the GM has targeted him last year to make a trade for him....you gotta take notice.  This very well could be quite a possibility for week 7 and on....to the playoffs baby!!  Lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Coltsbluefan said:

I think it would be a good pickup,but I wouldn’t give up more than a 4th rounder for him.

Denver is looking to have a fire  sale. Surtain seems to be the only player that is untouchable. I imagine it won’t cost a lot. Just depends what other teams are willing to give up. Most don’t give up a lot since he will have to be extended after 24 season. If Ballard had to give ip a third to outbid I would do it.

3 minutes ago, nyyankeechris said:

Please don't take offense anyone....but your a bit nutty if you wouldn't want Juedy on this team.  You guys are highly underrating him....and when the GM has targeted him last year to make a trade for him....you gotta take notice.  This very well could be quite a possibility for week 7 and on....to the playoffs baby!!  Lol

Ballard has yet to impress me with his WR evaluations. I don't think Jeudy would change that.

Downs might be the first one if he keeps it up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Ballard has yet to impress me with his WR evaluations. I don't think Jeudy would change that.

Downs might be the first one if he keeps it up.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard has only drafted 4 WR in first 3 rounds since he has been here. Downs looks good. Pittman is good. 50% isn’t bad hit rate.

Its the lack of urgency that outweighs the evaluations, IMO.

1 hour ago, nyyankeechris said:

I say...get Juedy and a reliable corner and or saftey and call it a day.  I honestly think we are only that much away from being a dangerous playoff team this year.

I saw some stuff about them possibly dealing Surtain II. If true I would assume that's an option for us maybe.

2 hours ago, cjwhiskers said:

I don't see us giving up a once promising rookie in his 2nd year for a WR that won't take more then a 3rd/4th to get. I think Denver would prefer to have the pick honestly. 

Deep WR draft - Broncos are looking for a 3rd rounder probably in return that they can use in this draft for a WR. If I am giving up Alec Pierce, I would give up only a 5th or 6th rounder to the Broncos. 

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I saw some stuff about them possibly dealing Surtain II. If true I would assume that's an option for us maybe.

Apparently he is the only one that is untouchable.

10 minutes ago, AKB said:

Pittman Downs and Jeudy would be a decent WR room

They all seem a little different too. I like diversity.

37 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Jeudy ran 4.45 - that's not speedster.

Jeudy is known as a route runner more than anything. His speed is perfectly good to be a threat anywhere on the field IMO. 

I wonder how much he would cost... both in assets and in money next summer. I would be kind of reluctant to pay 2 receivers top money at the same time. IMO a more workable option is to have one vet on big money and one top level draft pick... (*cough*MHJ*cough*)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its the lack of urgency that outweighs the evaluations, IMO.

We haven’t had a first round pick. One was given up for Buckner. Then we used Paye. Earlier he used it on Nelson. To be fair he hasn’t had a 1st to get one. I have said this year might be the time he does it since we have a QB and LT.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We haven’t had a first round pick. One was given up for Buckner. Then we used Paye. Earlier he used it on Nelson. To be fair he hasn’t had a 1st to get one. I have said this year might be the time he does it since we have a QB and LT.

Right.  Ballard used them for something else.  And Downs was a 3rd rounder. 

Not including trade out and trade backs that netted more 2nd and 3rd rounders....lets say that seven years of drafting produced 7 firsts, 7 seconds, and 7 thirds.  Of those 21 picks, 4 of them have been for a WR.  Downs, Pittman, Pierce, Campbell.....only 1 in the top Top 50.  And no big FAs either.

And 2 on OTs.  Its not like a lot of picks have been used on positions that are more important than WR.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I imagine panthers are interested too. But that team has given up so many draft picks over the years that hasn’t worked they would be better off waiting until the draft.

I think a lot of teams are going to be interested.  If anyone thinks they’re giving him away they’re crazy.  I think Ballard really wants him.  So I’m expecting him to get a deal done.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

If Jeudy doesn’t get hurt tonight I think Ballard trades for him.  He’s been jonesen for a WR 1 for a long time now.  Tried to get one in any Taylor trade talk.  I believe he’s a speedster too so that would be perfect.  Big get for the Colts if he pulls it off and I think he will.

I believe Pierce had a faster 40 time. Because I took a minute to look it up.

50 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I have decided to not get excited about non-Rare Air players.

I'd rather not replace one ho hum receiver with another ho hum receiver.  And get excited about it.  I'd rather replace both of them with something better than either of them.

What are non-Rare air players? Is this a term Ballard or Steichen made up or is it based on a football stat or what?