Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson to IR

Old Colt

8 hours ago, Hammer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing surgery and he'll be done for the year.

I'm n expert, but considering he's injured this same AC joint previously, I'd be surprised if they didn't recommend surgery. Conservative treatment is for people who aren't professional athletes and whose careers don't depend on having a 100-percent functional, healthy AC joint. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Have they said anything about when they expect Richardson back? I understand that he is out at least 4 weeks because of the IR but any news on the timeline beyond that? 

Schefler is reporting 8 weeks right now on the radio

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

The Browns, their defensive pressure like the Saints, is what is a bad matchup for us. Offensively they may score only about 20 points but defensively, they may restrict us to the teens. Statistically, they are one of the top Ds in the league, the Browns.

Maybe

our solid OL should match up with their solid DL

Our Mullet QB has a quick enough release, that we should be ok

I don’t see a single game that is unwinnable 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, masterlock said:

I'm n expert, but considering he's injured this same AC joint previously, I'd be surprised if they didn't recommend surgery. Conservative treatment is for people who aren't professional athletes and whose careers don't depend on having a 100-percent functional, healthy AC joint. 

where did you hear that he hurt his right shoulder before this?

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

If does end up being 8 games, then he likely won’t be back. Who knows, maybe the Minshew experiment nets us a deep play off run. 

I agree, if it’s that long and the team is doing well then it may hurt the chemistry to play him. If they are doing poorly, then why play him as it will be to late. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is probably because you don't think Mustache is any good. From what I have seen this year, he looks good to me. We also could possibly have a lethal run game now and just pound it down teams throats. Our D.Line is no slouch either + I think our coach is solid good.

Ya, minshew was pretty good when he played for jacksonville his first couple years in the league and been around steichen for how many years now. I wouldnt be completely surprised if he has some kind of career resurgance.

Hes not old, but hes older, and wiser im sure. Why not? I love to see some growing like that in the nfl. Just cause you dont do amazing your first couple years, absolutely doesnt mean thats who you are. Keep trying and things will work out like they should!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

If AR is out for the season there's only one man who can save our season

Philip Rivers Nfl GIF by Indianapolis Colts

2020 was the last time we were really legit good. (11-5 and playoffs), Taylor started to run wild the last 5 or 6 games of the season. Our O.Line was great that season as well. Leonard was a Maniac, and we still had TY Hilton who was good for the occasional huge play.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nate! said:

Optimism quite high here.  I just don’t see it.  

Nobody that I have seen is promising a SB

Look thru the schedule

We have a solid chance to win 9 games

9-8 just might be enough to get into the playoffs

Which is MUCH higher than I gave this team in the start of the season

AND

Is a significant improvement over last year....... which is driving optimism on this board

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2020 was the last time we were really legit good. (11-5 and playoffs), Taylor started to run wild the last 5 or 6 games of the season. Our O.Line was great that season as well. Leonard was a Maniac, and we still had TY Hilton who was good for the occasional huge play.

We arent at that level.... thats a fact

But......

Our DL is playing really well and our LBs not named Leonard, are having a career season

We desperately need to get another CB (Maybe a trade from a team that is heading backwards)

If our OL stays at the high level....... MUCH can be done with our RBs (Best tandem in league) 

Much can be done with an excellent TE room...... Much can be done with a middling QB that doesnt throw picks.

Lastly Josh Downs has a decent chance to make the all rookie team,  and is starting to become very hard to cover

I am excited to be wrong....... this team IS MUCH better than last year, and better than I thought that they would be..... 

enough to stoke the "Fan Fires"

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

But......

Our DL is playing really well and our LBs not named Leonard, are having a career season

We desperately need to get another CB (Maybe a trade from a team that is heading backwards)

If our OL stays at the high level....... MUCH can be done with our RBs (Best tandem in league) 

Much can be done with an excellent TE room...... Much can be done with a middling QB that doesnt throw picks.

Lastly Josh Downs has a decent chance to make the all rookie team,  and is starting to become very hard to cover

I am excited to be wrong....... this team IS MUCH better than last year, and better than I thought that they would be..... 

This upcoming game will show us a lot. If we go into Jacks and win, I don't see how anyone can't take us serious then. 

12 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I agree, if it’s that long and the team is doing well then it may hurt the chemistry to play him. If they are doing poorly, then why play him as it will be too late. 

I disagree with the bolded. You still want the young man to gain valuable experience, on the field, IF healthy. Besides, at the beginning of the year, some of us were expecting 6 wins and would have been happy if AR showed development as we went to the end of the year. 

Also, an inconsequential game at the end of the year vs the Broncos where Mahomes played and impressed in 2017 over Alex Smith, is why Andy Reid made the decision to move on from Alex Smith. Different teams, different coaches all have their reasons and merits to play their young QBs in Year 1 at different points in time. Peyton Manning would be the first to tell you that a rookie QB will only learn in the line of fire. 

Did you know Eli Manning wasn't played till game 10 when Tom Coughlin replaced Warner with Manning? He went 1-6 in those last 7 games but came back a better QB the following year. Peyton Manning with the Colts went 3-13 in year 1 and we went 13-3 the next year. These are just a few examples of why you still should play AR, regardless of record, to let him gain valuable experience in NFL game situations. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, masterlock said:

He might as well get the surgery , I hope they looking at long term and not being short sighted 

54 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I disagree with the bolded. You still want the young man to gain valuable experience, on the field, IF healthy. Besides, at the beginning of the year, some of us were expecting 6 wins and would have been happy if AR showed development as we went to the end of the year. 

Also, an inconsequential game at the end of the year vs the Broncos where Mahomes played and impressed in 2017 over Alex Smith, is why Andy Reid made the decision to move on from Alex Smith. Different teams, different coaches all have their reasons and merits to play their young QBs in Year 1 at different points in time. Peyton Manning would be the first to tell you that a rookie QB will only learn in the line of fire. 

Did you know Eli Manning wasn't played till game 10 when Tom Coughlin replaced Warner with Manning? He went 1-6 in those last 7 games but came back a better QB the following year. Peyton Manning with the Colts went 3-13 in year 1 and we went 13-3 the next year. These are just a few examples of why you still should play AR, regardless of record, to let him gain valuable experience in NFL game situations. 

While I agree with this, I must say Eli wasn’t coming off his second injury to this throwing shoulder like AR is. 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

While I agree with this, I must say Eli wasn’t coming off his second injury to this throwing shoulder like AR is. 

So what, put him in bubble wrap? Josh Allen came off a 4 game injury in his Year 1. Lamar Jackson has come off 2 years of missing 5 plus games in both the last 2 years, still they let him run. Big Ben came off injuries in the year he won his first SB in 2005, which was his 2nd year, btw. But the teams didn't shy away from throwing them into the line of fire, it is football. You coach them and use them differently to be smart about things.

Heck, Luck coming off a shoulder injury that he missed 2017 for, Reich started him with quick release short completions where he didn't stretch the field early 2018 and take as many risks for a while before letting him loose. 

Most of us here are talking like AR is the only guy who has ever been banged up as a QB in the history of the NFL, and don't trust AR or Steichen to be smarter the next time around. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

So what, put him in bubble wrap? Josh Allen came off a 4 game injury in his Year 1. Lamar Jackson has come off 2 years of missing 5 plus games in both the last 2 years, still they let him run. Big Ben came off injuries in the year he won his first SB in 2005, which was his 2nd year, btw. But the teams didn't shy away from throwing them into the line of fire, it is football. You coach them and use them differently to be smart about things.

Heck, Luck coming off a shoulder injury that he missed 2017 for, Reich started him with quick release short completions where he didn't stretch the field early 2018 and take as many risks for a while before letting him loose. 

Most of us here are talking like AR is the only guy who has ever been banged up as a QB in the history of the NFL, and don't trust AR or Steichen to be smarter the next time around. 

I think it’s part of a learning process 

AR needs to slide …….  Even if he doesn’t get the first down

i noticed when we played the Eagles last year that Hurts ran near the end of the game ….. to get the win

IMHO …..  we should call the QB run sparingly while he builds on his accuracy and he learns how to slide

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It's the fact that it's so much, so soon that has people looking at it differently.  He's been a Colt for 5 games.  He was knocked out of 3 of 5 and missed a 4th due to injury.  Now, if he returns at all in 2023, it might be a plus.  It is pretty alarming.  

12 minutes ago, #12. said:

It's the fact that it's so much, so soon that has people looking at it differently.  He's been a Colt for 5 games.  He was knocked out of 3 of 5 and missed a 4th due to injury.  Now, if he returns at all in 2023, it might be a plus.  It is pretty alarming.  

I would be frankly more concerned if it were a second concussion like Austin Collie had in 2010, and then coming back to be finally shut down after another hit. I am just glad it is not that kind and it is only a short term setback. I definitely expect both AR and Steichen to be smarter once he comes back, to prevent further setbacks.

12 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

But......

Almost 100 yards last game.  That was AWESOME.  So glad he's getting the ball.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually think this team is better overall than the 2020 team.  Now Rivers was instrumental but he was a statue and Minchew is not a statue.  Minchew can be great in this offense imo.  I can’t remember all of our players but this years OL is looking great.  The defensive front 7 is very strong.  Our running back room is excellent.  Our kicking game is excellent.  Our TE room is excellent.  A veteran corner or safety would a nice addition no doubt.  But this is a good roster and we have a better coach than we had in 2020.  Hard not to envision this team as being a playoff team.  The perfect dark horse.  It’s there for the taking if you ask me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I agree they should play him then. I just believe the Colts are overly cautious with players with injuries. My post was a bit fuzzy on this. Again just don’t think the Colts would. 

12 hours ago, csmopar said:

Worst case, we lose out, and get a top 5 or better pick, trade it for a ransom and retool for ARs second season 

we wont lose out...I think we will do better than expected with Minshew starting...  BUT if we DID end up with a top 5 pick, i'd rather  draft a QB in this upcoming loaded class, as injury prone as AR seems, he will likely not have a long career

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

Almost 100 yards last game.  That was AWESOME.  So glad he's getting the ball.

He is getting in a groove and is a perfect move the chains guy 

An accurate quick release guy can be deadly with a slot guy like this

Lastly…… I am stoked with what I see from Ogletree …… He is also a move the chains guy with an enormous wing span

He also is blocking very well

• Like 1