Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson to IR

Old Colt

• Old Colt changed the title to Richardson to IR
15 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

OK, AR is going to IR, i think is will be out until after the Bye, maybe travel with team to England, but not dress.

How will we do looking at the schedule....  3 - 2?

Hoping for 4-1, satisfied with 3-2.  Winning at JAX this Sunday would really be a boost.  Gotta keep the G-Man healthy for any chance.

I don’t think we have seen a significant change in the performance of the team with either QB in. While AR is more exciting he’s also proven nothing in his ability to win games. Could be a blessing in disguise for him to see just how careful he needs to be when he’s out there as well as putting more focus on his conditioning program. 

we will be fine with Minshew at the helm. 

4 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Hoping for 4-1, satisfied with 3-2.  Winning at JAX this Sunday would really be a boost.  Gotta keep the G-Man healthy for any chance.

I think AR returns after the bye.  If both the Colts and Jags are 6-4 after our bye week, then we'll actually be in decent shape for the stretch run as long as we beat the Jags this Sunday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We play the Patriots in that 5th game and they stink so the schedule is favorable with the Panthers and Pats on it.

Saints and Browns will be difficult to beat. But Pats and Panthers definitely beatable. Jaguars will be the tie breaker to see if we will be 3-2 before the bye week or 2-3, IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Saints and Browns will be difficult to beat. But Pats and Panthers definitely beatable. Jaguars will be the tie breaker to see if we will be 3-2 before the bye week or 2-3, IMO.

Worst case scenario I think we will be 5-5. Then AR returns after the Bye. Mustache is good for at least 2 wins if not 3. Lets say we are 5-5, we can still make the playoffs at that point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Worst case scenario I think we will be 5-5. Then AR returns after the Bye. Mustache is good for at least 2 wins if not 3. Lets say we are 5-5, we can still make the playoffs at that point. 

Yes, I agree.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Optimism quite high here.  I just don’t see it.  

It is probably because you don't think Mustache is any good. From what I have seen this year, he looks good to me. We also could possibly have a lethal run game now and just pound it down teams throats. Our D.Line is no slouch either + I think our coach is solid good.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is probably because you don't think Mustache is any good. From what I have seen this year, he looks good to me. We also could possibly have a lethal run game now and just pound it down teams throats. Our D.Line is no slouch either + I think our coach is solid good.

I agree with you.  I think Minshew can become a franchise QB.  I have faith in him hopefully he is the next brock purdy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IanColts22 said:

I think the Colts are just trying to avoid surgery and I think AR will likely need surgery damn on his throwing shoulder too.  I don't think AR will come back from this just pure bad luck for AR.  

Sometimes I just wish instead of sliding or running out of bounds, just take the hit like you are used to, and the body will not tense up because it is a feeling you are used to, without hesitation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with you.  I think Minshew can become a franchise QB.  I have faith in him hopefully he is the next brock purdy.  But if Minshew isn't an elite QB that the colts can build around then let's hope colts realize it sooner then later to start tanking the season to get a top 5 pick again 

• Like 2

Just now, Smonroe said:

To me, the rest of the win/loss record isn't as meaningful as finding out if AR is the guy.

If he comes back and gets injured again, they'll have to have that conversation.

Out of what I have seen from AR in the 4 games he played in, he looks legit. To me I still want to win too. Just sick of losing the last 2 years and not making the playoffs. This mantra of 'lets wait until next year when winning matters' is getting thin with me. Then again, I believe in our roster more than most. I want to see how we play against the Jags. If we beat them, then we can win the division. 

• Like 4

We couldn’t be in better hands with Minshew.  He knows the offense backwards and forwards.  He already has moved the offense very effectively and efficiently.  No reason to think it won’t continue especially with the OL playing lights out and Taylor returning.  I think the offense will operate better actually.  He can go through all the progressions if needed.  AR was pretty much limited to two.  I think we have a great chance to win all five actually.  I’ll say 5-0.  4-1 worse case.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Minshew has tried being a full-time starter before and he has failed.

So did Jim Harbaugh but then he came here, and we were 1 play away from going to the SB with him being spectacular at times. Weird things happen in football. I never dismiss anything unless it is obvious, = having a QB that stinks like an Art Schlichter, Mike Pagel, Curtis Painter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So did Jim Harbaugh but then he came here, and we were 1 play away from going to the SB with him being spectacular at times. Weird things happen in football. I never dismiss anything unless it is obvious, = having a QB that stinks like an Art Schlichter, Mike Pagel, Curtis Painter.

Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield look pretty good too. 

• Like 1

With the colts luck, I won't be surprised if he gets surgery and he's lost for the season. I'm not a doctor so maybe surgery is a better at it healing /fixing it in the long run? ......I don't know but I do know it SUCKS!!! 

Took.the wind out of a hopeful season if he doesn't come back this year and was like a blow to the gut. I know some really like Minshew and feel he's capable....and he is capable of running the offense.......But he's no AR5 nor does he get me as excited as I was when we drafted AR5. 

I just hope long term it doesn't turn into another Luck/Bert Jones saga. Hoping he comes back sooner than later with no complications and good luck to Minshew.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With the colts luck, I won't be surprised if he gets surgery and he's lost for the season. I'm not a doctor so maybe surgery is a better at it healing /fixing it in the long run? ......I don't know but I do know it SUCKS!!! 

Took.the wind out of a hopeful season if he doesn't come back this year and was like a blow to the gut. I know some really like Minshew and feel he's capable....and he is capable of running the offense.......But he's no AR5 nor does he get me as excited as I was when we drafted AR5. 

I just hope long term it doesn't turn into another Luck/Bert Jones saga. Hoping he comes back sooner than later with no complications and good luck to Minshew.

The excitement is gone so lets win ugly and pee off the league Homer Simpson Dance GIF by Morphin

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I think we lose to saints. We may be able to beat browns as they don't have chubb and will be coming off physical  49ers match up