Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson to IR

Old Colt

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

With the first pick in the 2024 draft, the Indianapolis Colts take .............qb from ..................!

Don’t think so.  If we beat the Jags I am hoping Ballard trades the pick as part of a package to get CB Patrick Surtain II from the Broncos at the deadline.  Looks like they are going to one of the sellers. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Don’t think so.  If we beat the Jags I am hoping Ballard trades the pick as part of a package to get CB Patrick Surtain II from the Broncos at the deadline.  Looks like they are going to one of the sellers. 

If Richardson comes back, I was hoping to get a wr  as it would help his development, but Surtain would be fine if he still has game. He was elite at one time but not sure how he has been playing this year

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Plus,  I don't think the Colts would be inclined to trade at this time. Their qb is out and  career back up is probably in there for the remainder of the season. This could end bad with the Colts have a very high pick. You dont want to trade your number 1 this year and it being a top ten in 2024

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No way at all would i like that

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

So what, put him in bubble wrap? Josh Allen came off a 4 game injury in his Year 1. Lamar Jackson has come off 2 years of missing 5 plus games in both the last 2 years, still they let him run. Big Ben came off injuries in the year he won his first SB in 2005, which was his 2nd year, btw. But the teams didn't shy away from throwing them into the line of fire, it is football. You coach them and use them differently to be smart about things.

Heck, Luck coming off a shoulder injury that he missed 2017 for, Reich started him with quick release short completions where he didn't stretch the field early 2018 and take as many risks for a while before letting him loose. 

Most of us here are talking like AR is the only guy who has ever been banged up as a QB in the history of the NFL, and don't trust AR or Steichen to be smarter the next time around. 

No I’m saying don’t rush him back at all. If he’s at 99 percent, don’t play him until he’s beyond a doubt 100 percent

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

With the first pick in the 2024 draft, the Indianapolis Colts take .............qb from ..................!

I don’t see us getting number one at this point. There’s 12, 1 win or fewer teams. Then 9, 2 win teams. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No way we end up with the first overall. This roster is too good, we're not going to have a worse record than teams like the Broncos and Bears, whose rosters are dumpster fires. Even if we got the number one overall, I'd rather trade back for a haul and snag Marvin Harrison Jr. You could sit AR and Minshew for the rest of the year, and even Ehlinger would win games with this roster and coaching staff.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I don’t see us getting number one at this point. There’s 12, 1 win or fewer teams. Then 9, 2 win teams. 

what i meant to say is with the Colts 1st pick in the draft. Sorry for confusion

31 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Yeah. We would really have to stink it up going forward

meant to say with the Colts 1st pick in the draft

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now in the ESPN power rankings we are 17th and they rated us after they knew AR would be out at least a month. That is a fringe playoff team because 14 teams get in. If we beat the Jags this week, we will move up at least 5 spots.

Sunday will be our biggest game in 4 years 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Yeah. We would really have to stink it up going forward

I work with the provincial government in  Sask,  Canada. We have a physio therapist in our office and i thought I would just Richardson's injury past him. Of course, he talked in medical terms but if he needs surgery, he doesn't every think he would be the same as it is his throwing shoulder and the chance of reinjury could be high. He stated that if he injured it in high school, he most likely was  provided the best treatment and that could be why the injury reoccurred and could continue to happen over the course of his career. He also stated that  him seeing more doctors and looking for more options is probably not good. He suspects that there is damage there and it was kind of depressing listening to him. This could all work out in the end, but I don't think we see him again this season and I said that when i saw him walking to the tunnel holding his arm. Hopefully my coworker is wrong

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I work with the provincial government in  Sask,  Canada. We have a physio therapist in our office and i thought I would just Richardson's injury past him. Of course, he talked in medical terms but if he needs surgery, he doesn't every think he would be the same as it is his throwing shoulder and the chance of reinjury could be high. He stated that if he injured it in high school, he most likely was  provided the best treatment and that could be why the injury reoccurred and could continue to happen over the course of his career. He also stated that  him seeing more doctors and looking for more options is probably not good. He suspects that there is damage there and it was kind of depressing listening to him. This could all work out in the end, but I don't think we see him again this season and I said that when i saw him walking to the tunnel holding his arm. Hopefully my coworker is wrong

Right. I also have my doubts of him coming back this year, but other players have returned, when I expected them to miss the whole season. Perhaps it's not as bad as it first appeared, when AR walked off in pain?

15 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Right. I also have my doubts of him coming back this year, but other players have returned, when I expected them to miss the whole season. Perhaps it's not as bad as it first appeared, when AR walked off in pain?

the physio guy  I was talking to  said if Richardson walked off like he, Richardson probably knew it was bad, but who knows

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You would think if he actually needed surgery, it would have been determined by now considering he is in rehab. You get surgery as soon as possible if needed.

From what I have read rehab and rest are always done first. Surgery only if the pain doesn’t go away and If it doesn’t heal on it’s own. That’s why 50% require surgery  and 50% don’t when it comes to a grade 3.

• Like 2

Well no real sample size to gather from in his pre-NFL career injury wise. Then 3 completely separate injuries in the first 15ish hits he takes in the NFL. Hits that looked pretty par for the course, nothing wild or crazy. It really really really sucks because of how explosive he looks. But the possibility of him being made of glass and highly injury prone is very real. 

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Well no real sample size to gather from in his pre-NFL career injury wise. Then 3 completely separate injuries in the first 15ish hits he takes in the NFL. Hits that looked pretty par for the course, nothing wild or crazy. It really really really sucks because of how explosive he looks. But the possibility of him being made of glass and highly injury prone is very real. 

Not that the past is really relevant to the future, but he only had a few tweaks in college.  Pro hits are definitely different, and it may just take better conditioning and more reps for him to get used to being hit and how to take them.

It's a shame because he looked so good when he was playing.  Much better than most of us anticipated.

Here's his injury history:  https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/anthony-richardson/13544

On 10/12/2023 at 11:57 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

If Richardson comes back, I was hoping to get a wr  as it would help his development, but Surtain would be fine if he still has game. He was elite at one time but not sure how he has been playing this year

He's still quite good.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is also some truth with learning how to fall. He is young and will learn. Just unfortunate.

The first thing you learn when training combatives is how to fall. Before you punch and before you kick, you practice going to the ground without being harmed. It is a thing to learn. I hope he does. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lester said:

The first thing you learn when training combatives is how to fall. Before you punch and before you kick, you practice going to the ground without being harmed. It is a thing to learn. I hope he does. 

It’s helped TUA this year. I heard Brady taught himself how to land on his left shoulder instead of his right throwing shoulder.

On 10/12/2023 at 12:51 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Are you in Saskatoon ?

I used to do a fly in to Lake Walston yearly for 6-7 years. We would fly into Saskatoon and spend a night there and then fly into the fishing camp the next day. I tried like heck to catch a 50" pike and did come close at 48.5. Truly a beautiful province .. loved it there.

39 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Are you in Saskatoon ?

I used to do a fly in to Lake Walston yearly for 6-7 years. We would fly into Saskatoon and spend a night there and then fly into the fishing camp the next day. I tried like heck to catch a 50" pike and did come close at 48.5. Truly a beautiful province .. loved it there.

Moose Jaw lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Boomer Esiason said on his Boomer & Gio show early this week, "He is a physical freak he just needs to learn to avoid getting hit." 

I agree with his statement, but he is going to get hit. It's the nature of the game and the game that the Colts want him to play. The concerning part is he is getting hurt on plays, which, for the most part, does not appear to involve a huge amount of force at contact. They are regular football plays.