Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The toughest of Minshew

indyagent17

You guys can win with the Shew. Had we had any kind of talent to surround him with, we would have. In fact, I think he gives you your best chace to win this year. AR probably has more upside if he can learn to process as a QB, and keep from getting killed as a runner, but if I were your organization, I'd ride Minshew as long as possible. Yea, he's limited a bit with arm strength, but makes up for that with accuracy and good decision making.  Plenty of time to develop AR without ruining him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newjagscity said:

You guys can win with the Shew. Had we had any kind of talent to surround him with, we would have. In fact, I think he gives you your best chace to win this year. AR probably has more upside if he can learn to process as a QB, and keep from getting killed as a runner, but if I were your organization, I'd ride Minshew as long as possible. Yea, he's limited a bit with arm strength, but makes up for that with accuracy and good decision making.  Plenty of time to develop AR without ruining him.

Disagree.  AR gives us the best chance to win.  Minshew's pocket awareness was atrocious in several situations.  I'm not hating on him.  He's a solid backup, but today proved why he's a backup.  Poor pocket awareness and a very limited ceiling.  Still glad to have him as the #2 QB on the roster, though.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Disagree.  AR gives us the best chance to win.  Minshew's pocket awareness was atrocious in several situations.  I'm not hating on him.  He's a solid backup, but today proved why he's a backup.  Poor pocket awareness and a very limited ceiling.  Still glad to have him as the #2 QB on the roster, though.  

Like I said in my opening points.  Minshew played well for a backup but also showed why he’s a backup.  The Ravens exposed his limitations for sure.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like I said in my opening points.  Minshew played well for a backup but also showed why he’s a backup.  The Ravens exposed his limitations for sure.  

LOL COLTS WIN.  Despite the Oline under performing, per usual, the defense stepped up.  I think Minhsew brings a fire to the offense that brings this team together.

• Like 1

Just now, ojsglove said:

LOL COLTS WIN.  Despite the Oline under performing, per usual, the defense stepped up.  I think Minhsew brings a fire to the offense that brings this team together.

Why the "LOL"?  Yes, the Colts won, but Minshew also proved why he's the backup to AR and not the starter.  Both things are true.  Glad we have him as a backup, but there's a reason he's a backup.  His pocket awareness was awful on several occasions. He is limited on what he can do, and his ceiling is nowhere near AR's.  Love him as a backup, but AR is clearly the guy when he gets healthy.  

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Dry accurate with short passes.  You can win like that but it’s tough when they crowd the line.

Question - should Pierce have caught that Lon ball that hit his hands?  I know it was knocked away, but I feel he should have brought it in.  MPJ would have.  

Dude I was telling my wife if that was Pierce on that big play to Pittman he would have dropped it. He just doesn’t catch the ball strong like he want it. Any time it’s contact he drops the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Dude I was telling my wife if that was Pierce on that big play to Pittman he would have dropped it. He just doesn’t catch the ball strong like he want it. Any time it’s contact he drops the ball.

Pittman would of caught that long pass pierce had too. Pittman would not of let the defender punch it out. He has to get tougher and stronger. Then he ran out of bounds on the other play instead of running down the sidelines. Some of these shots to pierce need to start going yo Pittman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

He did have that one good catch earlier.  He needs to be more aggressive.  He’s supposed to be our deep threat, you have to fight if we’re counting on you for those 50-50 balls.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He did have that one good catch earlier.  He needs to be more aggressive.  He’s supposed to be our deep threat, you have to fight if we’re counting on you for those 50-50 balls.

It's early in the season, but we'll see how things go.  Like you said, he's supposed to be our deep threat, and right now he's repeatedly getting out muscled by corners when we do target him deep.  Hope he becomes the guy we need him to be, but I definitely have my doubts.  2nd season is usually a breakout year for good WRs.  Reggie Wayne doubled his production in year 2.  So did MPJ.  Even if guys don't double their production, the good receivers typically have at least somewhat of a breakout year 2 if they're going to be good.  So far, Pierce is not even on track for 300 years.  Downs is on pace to have a much better year, and I think he will.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Dry accurate with short passes.  You can win like that but it’s tough when they crowd the line.

Question - should Pierce have caught that Lon ball that hit his hands?  I know it was knocked away, but I feel he should have brought it in.  MPJ would have.  

Personally, I don’t think so.   It would’ve been a great catch even if he wasn’t covered.   But the DB was with him and knocked it free.   I don’t think you can expect a catch in that situation,  but I don’t expect my view to be popular here.   And I’m ok with that.   

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pittman would of caught that long pass pierce had too. Pittman would not of let the defender punch it out. He has to get tougher and stronger. Then he ran out of bounds on the other play instead of running down the sidelines. Some of these shots to pierce need to start going yo Pittman.

Pittman is already getting targeted quite a bit.  Teams have picked up on the fact that right now, he's our only good receiver, and he can't get open every time.  I really like the potential in Downs, but he's not NFL level "good" yet, so to speak. However,  I think by year two, Downs has the potential to be a 1000 yard receiver.  Haven't seen anything in Pierce that would make me think that.  

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally, I don’t think so.   It would’ve been a great catch even if he wasn’t covered.   But the DB was with him and knocked it free.   I don’t think you can expect a catch in that situation,  but I don’t expect my view to be popular here.   And I’m ok with that.   

Agree to disagree.  You can't expect a catch in that situation from an average (average is being nice)at best receiver.  A good receiver makes that catch and holds onto it.  MPJ makes that catch .  

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry to double post, but a great catch if he wasn't covered? How so? It was literally right on the money.  It wasn't a shoe string catch.  It wasn't a "drag your feet to stay inbounds" type catch.  It was literally right on the money.  It would not have been a great catch if he wasn't covered.  It would have been a very routine catch.  The DB made a good play and knocked it out.  Without him there, it would have been routine.  A good receiver holds on to it, even with a DB swiping at it.  

13 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Pittman is already getting targeted quite a bit.  Teams have picked up on the fact that right now, he's our only good receiver, and he can't get open every time.  I really like the potential in Downs, but he's not NFL level "good" yet, so to speak. However,  I think by year two, Downs has the potential to be a 1000 yard receiver.  Haven't seen anything in Pierce that would make me think that.  

I disagree  if downs gets the targets he will make the plays. Have to start opening up  offense.  Too much dink and dunk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I disagree  if downs gets the targets he will make the plays. Have to start opening up  offense.  Too much dink and dunk

I get what you're saying.  I wasn't saying Downs is a bad receiver by any means, I just meant that he's young and still inexperienced, but I absolutely love what I've seen from him so far.  

Just now, kymd82222 said:

I get what you're saying.  I wasn't saying Downs is a bad receiver by any means, I just meant that he's young and still inexperienced, but I absolutely love what I've seen from him so far.  

Was looking at how texans use dell and rams their wrs. I believe downs can do some of the same stuff they are doing  if given the opportunity 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Sorry to double post, but a great catch if he wasn't covered? How so? It was literally right on the money.  It wasn't a shoe string catch.  It wasn't a "drag your feet to stay inbounds" type catch.  It was literally right on the money.  It would not have been a great catch if he wasn't covered.  It would have been a very routine catch.  The DB made a good play and knocked it out.  Without him there, it would have been routine.  A good receiver holds on to it, even with a DB swiping at it.  

I think your definition of a pass “right on the money” and mine are entirely different. 

A pass that is right on the money hits a receiver in stride.   Pierce had to turn his body back to the QB to catch the ball.  He was falling on his back.   He landed hard and that was without the DB on him.  

As you put it previously,  agree to disagree. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think your definition of a pass “right on the money” and mine are entirely different. 

A pass that is right on the money hits a receiver in stride.   Pierce had to turn his body back to the QB to catch the ball.  He was falling on his back.   He landed hard and that was without the DB on him.  

As you put it previously,  agree to disagree. 

Yes, you love Pierce.  Trust me, we all get it. 

8 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Yes, you love Pierce.  Trust me, we all get it. 

“Trust me, we all get it”

Quite a statement for someone who is almost brand new to the website.   So when YOU said “agree to disagree” that was fine, but when I say it, you come back with a needless shot.   Trust me, we are really starting off on the wrong track.   

Enjoy the website, but I’m confident when I tell you we are not going to have a Love Connection.   I’m sure you’ll enjoy other members far more than me.

• Like 2

The ball was in pierce’s hands because he caught it and then the defender ripped it out.  I am sure Pierce will even tell you he can’t let that happen.  Pittman also had a very contested catch in OT and held on to it.  Making those kinds of plays and not making those kinds of plays is what separates good players in the NFL fair or unfair.  

Back on topic it was a good throw by Minshew.  He put where only Pierce could get it and since he has two guys on him he had too and put in the perfect spot for Pierce to make the grab.   It was one of Minshew’s better throws of the day.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I know if it was a Colts defender knocking the ball out a similar play we would all be talking about what a great play the defender made. 

Yes credit should be given to the Ravens defender but I also know if that was Downs or Pittman we would also be saying he should have caught it too.  

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

“Trust me, we all get it”

Quite a statement for someone who is almost brand new to the website.   So when YOU said “agree to disagree” that was fine, but when I say it, you come back with a needless shot.   Trust me, we are really starting off on the wrong track.   

Enjoy the website, but I’m confident when I tell you we are not going to have a Love Connection.   I’m sure you’ll enjoy other members far more than me.

LOL I've been a Colts fan since the Harbaugh and Faulk years.   You've been a Colts fan since Luck was drafted....So I'm not sure what it matters that you think I'm "new to the website ". I've been lurking this website since about 2006.  I lurked frequently under a different SN but hardly ever posted. Set up a new screen name fairly recently and started posting again.  So when I say "Trust me, we all get it", it's because I've seen your posts constantly defending Pierce, among many others which I would consider "bad takes".  Trust me, I know there's no "love connection".  I disagree with a lot of your posts, as well as how you treat others when you think you think you're right.  You love to critique others, but you don't like being critiqued yourself.  Sure, what I said in my previous post was a bit of a dig, but it was kind compared to what I've seen you say to other people.  Deuces.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I know if it was a Colts defender knocking the ball out a similar play we would all be talking about what a great play the defender made. 

It was a good heads up play by the defender. Pierce still should have hung on to it IMO. Both can be true   Kind of like when a defender makes a great play and bats the ball out of a RBs hands and creates a fumble. Great play by a defender, but the RB still should have hung on to the ball.  

4 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

LOL I've been a Colts fan since the Harbaugh and Faulk years.   You've been a Colts fan since Luck was drafted....So I'm not sure what it matters that you think I'm "new to the website ". I've been lurking this website since about 2006.  I lurked frequently under a different SN but hardly ever posted. Set up a new screen name fairly recently and started posting again.  So when I say "Trust me, we all get it", it's because I've seen your posts constantly defending Pierce, among many others which I would consider "bad takes".  Trust me, I know there's no "love connection".  I disagree with a lot of your posts, as well as how you treat others when you think you think you're right.  You love to critique others, but you don't like being critiqued yourself.  Sure, what I said in my previous post was a bit of a dig, but it was kind compared to what I've seen you say to other people.  Deuces.  

My comment about being new to the website has to deal with the fact that you’re new to posting and we haven’t had any exchanges, not that I can remember.  So starting off by taking shots at me is not a way to make a good first impression unless you’re looking for a fight.  In which case, I’m not interested.   

So enjoy the website,  and we can agree to disagree and avoid each other.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My comment about being new to the website has to deal with the fact that you’re new to posting and we haven’t had any exchanges, not that I can remember.  So starting off by taking shots at me is not a way to make a good first impression unless you’re looking for a fight.  In which case, I’m not interested.   

So enjoy the website,  and we can agree to disagree and avoid each other.  

:facepalm: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Minshew is responsible for both of our wins!  Great pick up by SS.

You are half right because before AR got injured, we were up 14-0 - AR did have 2 TD runs lol, but I love Mustache, great backup and like Brissett can fill in as a starter for a game or 2 and play well. Great win yesterday. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are half right because before AR got injured, we were up 14-0 - AR did have 2 TD runs lol, but I love Mustache, great backup and like Brissett can fill in as a starter for a game or 2 and play well. Great win yesterday. 

No, I'm 100% right.  Scripted plays for a running QB got us the lead vs HOU.  Minshew actually pushed the ball downfield when it mattered.  There were comments yesterday that dreamed how we would be smoking the Ravens if AR was playing.  We'd probably have lost.

And of course Moss helped a lot, who is obviously a better all-around RB than Taylor...he just doesn't have the home run speed like JT and won't make a big difference making run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

No, I'm 100% right.  Scripted plays for a running QB got us the lead vs HOU.  Minshew actually pushed the ball downfield when it mattered.  There were comments yesterday that dreamed how we would be smoking the Ravens if only AR was playing.  We'd probably have lost.

And of course Moss helped a lot, who is obviously a better all-around RB than Taylor...he just doesn't have the home run speed like JT and won't make a difference making run.

Moss isn't better than Taylor, calm down haha 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Moss isn't better than Taylor, calm down haha 

Sure he is.  It shows.  I'd rather have him as the starter over JT.  He's the kind of RB that compliments a passing game by churning out the tough yards.  Unlike JT, who has to be run up the gut continuously as a focus of the O...hoping he breaks a run.  JT's plays hog plays that should be given to the passing game.   The role of the NFL RB in the 2020s is not to be the focus of the offense, so Moss is a better RB for the NFL.

Besides, Moss has always been talented, and it showed in the few times he ran the ball in BUF.  Its been injury/availability holding him back.   

But we won yesterday because the centerpiece of the O was a QB that knows where to throw the ball, complemented by the right kind of RB. 

• Like 1