Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season Opener: Jaguars @ Colts, Sunday, September 10, 2023, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Who scores the first TD for the Colts?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who scores the first TD for the Colts?

• Pierce
    • Pittman
    • Another WR, not Pierce or Pittman
    • A TE
    • Deon Jackson
    • Another RB/FB, not Jackson
    • Anthony Richardson
    • Another player on offense not already mentioned
    • Colts defense
    • Colts will not score a TD today
    • Special teams (return for a TD or other TD on special teams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2023 at 05:05 PM

3 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

OL sucked once again! Bradleys D cant hold any O that long! Jags played conservatively til the 4th! Deon Jaxon sucks! I hope Colts dont call this a moral victory! Moral victories dont exist! Too bad cuz we had a chance to be 1 up on the division since the last time i saw other scores!

The Oline wasn’t bad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

We lack explosive players on offense.  AP suppose to be that but he’s not right now.  MPJ doesn’t have the downfield speed to stretch the defense.  Downs and Granson can be but as we’re seeing now, the defense will focus on them and they’re gone.  And we don’t have our best weapon on the field due to contract disputes.

our next draft and free agency should be focused on getting explosive offensive players.  We have the qb, it’s time to start giving him help.

I think we r jumping the gun on lack of play makers. This guy played, I think it was 15 games in college. I think he played better than I expected today.  Nothing today tells me he is going to be a bust. He looked really good. He appeard to be in control of the game in terms of maturity. He wil need to read what the defense is giving him. That's not going to happen in his 1st game. This is going to be an up and down season, so people need to accept that. This is all about the development of Richardson and hopefully guys like Peirce, Gransom, Downs and Ogle tree will turn the corner. And right on time, the collapse of the 4th quarter defense.  I guess they were tired again lol. Peirce really needs to take that next step. I so wanted Watson last year and was on record of wanting to trade up when he was sitting there waiting to be picked.

Just now, csmopar said:

Oh for Pete’s sake, he’s had 7 misses out of 30 attempts. And he’s played way better than Young and Stroud today. By miles!!

THIS!

He's played good game with a couple of rookie mistakes - more than we could've hope for honestly.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

People are allowed to say the obvious. It’s not a knock against him personally or you. The INT may have been a bad route but an experienced QB knows not to throw it there, which AR is not.

Exactly the point, you have to temper expectations... not 1st game write off the rookie QB.

• Like 2

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I think we r jumping the gun on lack of play makers. This guy played, I think it was 15 games in college. I think he played better than I expected today.  Nothing today tells me he is going to be a bust. He looked really good. He appeard to be in control of the game in terms of maturity. He wil need to read what the defense is giving him. That's not going to happen in his 1st game. This is going to be an up and down season, so people need to accept that. This is all about the development of Richardson and hopefully guys like Peirce, Gransom, Downs and Ogle tree will turn the corner. And right on time, the collapse of the 4th quarter defense.  I guess they were tired again lol. Peirce really needs to take that next step. I so wanted Watson last year and was on record of wanting to trade up when he was sitting there waiting to be picked.

oh, I’m not including AR in the lack of explosiveness.  He’s not the problem.  I noticed this game he was holding on to the ball and hesitating and it was because no one downfield was open.  How many plays do we have +20 yards compared to Jacksonville?  The longest play we had was a screen.  We gotta start blowing the top off of defenses or this is going to be a very hard year for AR.