Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season Opener: Jaguars @ Colts, Sunday, September 10, 2023, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Who scores the first TD for the Colts?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who scores the first TD for the Colts?

• Pierce
    • Pittman
    • Another WR, not Pierce or Pittman
    • A TE
    • Deon Jackson
    • Another RB/FB, not Jackson
    • Anthony Richardson
    • Another player on offense not already mentioned
    • Colts defense
    • Colts will not score a TD today
    • Special teams (return for a TD or other TD on special teams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2023 at 05:05 PM

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

He took a shot to the head.  Ultimately that's what made him stay down.  I'm sure the NFL official in the booth said he had to get checked out.  I guess he didn't want to get checked out.  All speculation by me, but that would fit the end result.

Matt Overton talking about it right now, you are right. if you refuse, you have to sit out until you comply 

• Like 1

AR for a rookie, looked pretty good. he had the 1 pick but our RB's gave him no help, it reminded me of the Luck days in 2012. If we would have Taylor that game would have been different. The Taylor haters can say otherwise but they are full of nonsense if they think Taylor would not have made a difference in this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AR for a rookie, looked pretty good. he had the 1 pick but our RB's gave him no help, it reminded me of the Luck days in 2012. If we would have Taylor that game would have been different. The Taylor haters can say otherwise but they are full of nonsense if they think Taylor would not have made a difference in this one. 

Taylor absolutely would have . But he isn’t available so there’s nothing to do about that.

and he’s still isnt worth 16 to 20 million fully guaranteed like he wants

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t care who’s on the field or wasn’t. We should’ve won today. There isn’t an excuse for the 4th quarter and the inability to score. No matter what you first year excuse makers are trying to tell yourselves. It hasn’t matter who the coach was for the past 10 years.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Because per league rules, if you take a helmet hit and go down on the field, you’re to be evaluated for a concussion. 

Red Zone did not show a hit to the head. It looked like he could not walk. It seemed like a leg injury. He looked like he was running towards the end zone and took a hit but Red Zone went to another game. When they showed him again, he was trying to get up.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Taylor absolutely would have . But he isn’t available so there’s nothing to do about that.

and he’s still isnt worth 16 to 20 million fully guaranteed like he wants

Nobody thinks he is worth 16 Mill. I have always said 13 Mill but many think we can go RB by committee and just kick a RB that runs like Barry Sanders to the curb. Insane to me but that in my opinion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Which is fine with me. As long as we show the potential I saw today, I don’t care if we win a single game this year. We need high caliper weapons to support AR and I think a WR in the form of high first will do that 

Here’s to us getting Harrison Jr! Cheers!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Red Zone did not show a hit to the head. It looked like he could not walk. It seemed like a leg injury. He looked like he was running towards the end zone and took a hit but Red Zone went to another game. When they showed him again, he was trying to get up.

Thank you.

Replays I saw showed he getting hit helmet to helmet in the head/neck area. Radio also said it should have been a penalty for hitting the head of AR. Guess we will ultimately find out eventually 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody thinks he is worth 16 Mill. I have always said 13 Mill but many think we can go RB by committee and just kick a RB that runs like Barry Sanders to the curb. Insane to me but that in my opinion.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Slow start, going for it on 4th down, and only scoring 14 points on offense. But you keep talking yourself into something that’s not there 

i don’t know what game you watched, but this team looked energetic and prepared to go.  Execution is another conversation, which I agree needs to be better.  But being ready to play, that box is checked.  

I think you’re referencing the execution aspect of it being a slow start.  And if you are, then why would you expect anything different from a rookie hc and a rookie qb who has 13 college starts?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He won’t take 13 is the thing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you.

Watch Cisco. 

Then watch AR, he’s not limping or anything, he’s not got a leg injury. 

7 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I don’t care who’s on the field or wasn’t. We should’ve won today. There isn’t an excuse for the 4th quarter and the inability to score. No matter what you first year excuse makers are trying to tell yourselves. It hasn’t matter who the coach was for the past 10 years.

So which one you’d rather take?  Reich, players looking lost, lack of energy, clear lack of offensive game plans?  Or Shane, energetic, physical, inconsistent execution, learning curves?

I’ll tell you this one, one is a coach who’s not doing good at this job vs one who needs to learn.  Floor vs ceiling.  This is probably the best this team has looked week 1 in a while.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

i don’t know what game you watched, but this team looked energetic and prepared to go.  Execution is another conversation, which I agree needs to be better.  But being ready to play, that box is checked.  

I think you’re referencing the execution aspect of it being a slow start.  And if you are, then why would you expect anything different from a rookie hc and a rookie qb who has 13 college starts?  

What 4th quarter team did you see? 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Funk 2 carries 10 yards (5.0 per) and 1 target for 1 catch for 12 yards (12.0)

Hull 1 carry for 1 yard, 1 target for 1 catch 6 yards (6.0)

Jackson 13 carries for 14 yards (1.1 per ) and 6 targets for 5 catches for 14 yards (2.8 yards a catch)...........should we mention 2 fumbles

Again jackson was dead last in the NFL in 2021 with 2.4 ypc.....last year 3.5...career including today  94 for 281 (3.0), excuses were made that well a lot are short yardage carries,well he doesn't get the ball enough to hit his groove, the O line isnt great.......  After today think a lot of those who made excuses are no longer going to do so,,,,,,it is obvious he is NOT an NFL Offensive talent (Stash him on st...ehh)

48 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

This is just a song we've heard sung for a couple of years now. The most expensive line in the league needs to show up week 1, not week 8.

Doesn’t matter if you think it’s a song.  

Fans have ignored injuries and rookies and inexperienced players and now there’s a new OL coach.   You can reject all of them as excuses, except they’re all legit.

In the best of circumstances the OL is typically the last unit to come around.  And this wasn’t the best of circumstances. 

7 minutes ago, a06cc said:

What 4th quarter team did you see? 

a bad one.  But that’s going to happen.  If you’re comparing what happened today with a rookie HC and QB to a vet HC AND QB from last year then what does that say about the vet HC and QB?  You just answered the question without answering but I think you’re in denial about it.  

we’re going to be ok as long as Shane and AR learn and continue to develop.  Strap in buddy, this road is a rough one.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

a bad one.  But that’s going to happen.  If you’re comparing what happened today with a rookie HC and QB to a vet HC AND QB from last year then what does that say about the vet HC and QB?  You just answered the question without answering but I think you’re in denial about it.  

we’re going to be ok as long as Shane and AR learn and continue to develop.  Strap in buddy, this road is a rough one.

Same excuse for the past 10 years. We ain’t this, we got a new guy at QB, we got a new coach… This is getting old. 

Did anyone else who attended the game have terrible wifi? I tried to connect to the Coltswifi but it was terrible and I could not connect to anything else! You’d figure one of these days they would get free and easy fast wifi for all in a crowded place! I had better connection at IMS during the Indy500!

• NFLfan locked this topic