Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season Opener: Jaguars @ Colts, Sunday, September 10, 2023, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Who scores the first TD for the Colts?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who scores the first TD for the Colts?

• Pierce
    • Pittman
    • Another WR, not Pierce or Pittman
    • A TE
    • Deon Jackson
    • Another RB/FB, not Jackson
    • Anthony Richardson
    • Another player on offense not already mentioned
    • Colts defense
    • Colts will not score a TD today
    • Special teams (return for a TD or other TD on special teams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2023 at 05:05 PM

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Didn’t quit on Manning. The excuse you guys keep making are unreal. This team and the players that have been here for years have no excuses. Slow start after slow start. It’s getting old 

slow start?!  This team was PREPARED.  We went toe to toe with a playoff team with a rookie HC and QB.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Reich just got his * handed to him by Atlanta. 

Hey, Vikings lost to Baker Mayfield and the Tampa Bay Bucs in Minnesota. At least 3 turnovers by Kirk, yet his stats look good, something like 33 for 44  for 350 or so yards, 2 TD, 1 INT (plus 2 fumbles). His stats look good but he had those turnovers at least twice when the Vikes were  in the Red Zone. 

We play the Eagles on Thursday, I think.

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

As much as I don’t want to admit it…this game probably goes our way if he had Taylor on the field. But despite that I think there is good upside to the team and with AR. Just want Steichen to make better decisions on 4th downs.

It could work out well for Taylor honestly. Today could be the start of Ballard saying screw it and paying him. Of course by that point we could be 0-4…

Just now, NFLfan said:

Hey, Vikings lost to Baker Mayfield and the Tampa Bay Bucs in Minnesota. At least 3 turnovers by Kirk, yet his stats look good, something like 33 for 44  for 350 or so yards, 2 TD. His stats look good but he had those turnovers at least twice when the Vikes were  in the Red Zone. 

We play the Eagles on Thursday, I think.

It’s almost as if there’s parity in football… oh wait… 

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s a rookie HC and QB, Wth do people expect. You all would have quit on Peyton Manning day one . Geez

who is mad at shane or AR   ?      i am mad at ballard for having 7 years to build a roster and the wrs and line are not good .   a rookie QB needs help cant let him get hit so much and have wrs that cannot separate  its a lose lose for AR

• Thanks 1

Just now, IinD said:

AR was legit hurt or just kept out at the end? I was wondering why he didn't go back in..

Oh well fun game.

Legit hurt and refusing to go into the tent per radio

Just now, coming on strong said:

who is mad at shane or AR   ?      i am mad at ballard for having 7 years to build a roster and the wrs and line are not good .   a rookie QB needs help cant let him get hit so much and have wrs that cannot separate  its a lose lose for AR

Read the posts in here, most are pointing fingers at AR for this, while ignoring how well he did play.

• Thanks 1

Stop carping and whining.  You all know darned well - the game went better than nearly everyone expected.  The Jags have a thug headhunter who knocked TWO key players out on illegal hits, and the Colts have a rookie QB and head coach…all while an All-Pro running back sits out and pouts.

The future looks pretty decent.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, NFLfan said:

But he was out for three snaps at least

He refused to go into the tent is why. 

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

Stop carping and whining.  You all know darned well - the game went better than nearly everyone expected.  The Jags have a thug headhunter who knocked TWO key players out on illegal hits, and the Colts have a rookie QB and head coach…all while an All-Pro running back sits out and pouts.

Three, Hull, ogletree and AR

3 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

slow start?!  This team was PREPARED.  We went toe to toe with a playoff team with a rookie HC and QB.  

Slow start, going for it on 4th down, and only scoring 14 points on offense. But you keep talking yourself into something that’s not there 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you nailed it

• Like 2

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

I agree. I would be feeling so optimistic. The only thing that would worry me is the injury. It is too bad that they did not get the win but they played well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Yes

Just what they said on radio. 

Serious question. Unless he is believed to have a concussion, why would he need to go in the tent. It is not necessary to go into the tent to miss a play after injury. Maybe I am missing something. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Serious question. Unless he is believed to have a concussion, why would he need to go in the tent. It is not necessary to go into the tent to miss a play after injury. Maybe I am missing something. 

Because per league rules, if you take a helmet hit and go down on the field, you’re to be evaluated for a concussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

He took a shot to the head.  Ultimately that's what made him stay down.  I'm sure the NFL official in the booth said he had to get checked out.  I guess he didn't want to get checked out.  All speculation by me, but that would fit the end result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It could work out well for Taylor honestly. Today could be the start of Ballard saying screw it and paying him. Of course by that point we could be 0-4…

Which is fine with me. As long as we show the potential I saw today, I don’t care if we win a single game this year. We need high caliper weapons to support AR and I think a WR in the form of high first will do that 

• Like 1