Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Danny Pinter out for season

w87r

10 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Wow. He was really being counted on. Almost forces a new signing or two.

I now expect French to make the 53

French probably will, but I haven't been the slightest bit impressed with him this preseason.

Hoping for different solution

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

French probably will, but I haven't been the slightest bit impressed with him this preseason.

Hoping for different solution

The crazy part is, I have little confidence in Ryan Kelly (who perhaps is hurt?) at center. Everyone is always saying we need a RG but Kelly was bad last year as well. I had been feeling a little better knowing we had Pinter and French as backups to Kelly, should he falter.

Given a chance at center, I think French will be every bit it as good as Pinter. However, they will certainly bring in another center.

I wont be surprised if French ends up beating that (yet to be claimed) guy out as backup.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

The crazy part is, I have little confidence in Ryan Kelly (who perhaps is hurt?) at center. Everyone is always saying we need a RG but Kelly was bad last year as well. I had been feeling a little better knowing we had Pinter and French as backups to Kelly, should he falter.

Given a chance at center, I think French will be every bit it as good as Pinter. However, they will certainly bring in another center.

I wont be surprised if French ends up beating that (yet to be claimed) guy out as backup.

I actually feel fine about Kelly. I think he will rebound. Just hopefully not get hurt at this point.

• Like 2

Just now, w87r said:

I actually feel fine about Kelly. I think he will rebound. Just hopefully not get hurt at this point.

I get it, and I hope you are right. Kelly looked good in the very limited time I saw him preseason game 1.

However, I'm not sold. I thought he was bad for the past two years really, be nice if he rebounds.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Something to watch for is his babies being born anytime. He said start of season. I imagine they have a c election date with twins so hopefully they arrive healthy before the season starts.

I have a sinking feeling it will happen just before the jville game.

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yep.  Terrible thing for him.  This is why Taylor is taking his stance.  If this happened now to him he is screwed.  You never know what lies ahead.

Yeah...it's tough to make ends meet on 4+ million per year.....Pinter makes nowhere near that amount.

• Like 1

• w87r changed the title to Danny Pinter out for season
9 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I have a sinking feeling it will happen just before the jville game.

I am sure he will play. Probably have a c section date but just something to watch. Hopefully they are healthy and everything goes well. He probably didn’t even travel with team Thursday because it’s getting close. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am sure he will play. Probably have a c section date but just something to watch. Hopefully they are healthy and everything goes well. He probably didn’t even travel with team Thursday because it’s getting close. 

He was in Philla thursday, limited in practice, been dealing with a foot injury.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/colts-ryan-kelly-dealing-with-foot-injury/ar-AA1foxvh

2 hours ago, w87r said:

I'll be good with a Tyrese Robinson(RG) addition. Just released by Eagles.

Neither of these guys help our backup Center spot though.

True , but we bring Risner in I think that solidifies the guard position, Fries has the potential to play both guard and tackle adding depth something we surely lack at the moment. 

So this leaves French, Shepley and Ekiyor to battle for the back-up Center spot in practice for a day or two before cutdowns are official and waivers can be claimed................

There will be claims put in by Ballard and he may actually cave into what Risner wants to be paid now too?