Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson is bad

lennymoore24

I find it so funny how everyone is going out of their way to elevate this guy and his play.  Venturi raps up game by saying how impressed he was wtih Richadson. ha  What a joke. You mean the guy who threw a terrible interception and threw a number of balls either too high or off target?  Sorry, just because we spend the number 4 pick on a QB and HOPE he becomes good doesn't make him good.  He is and will always be what she showed in college. Which is he has great athletic skills.  But he makes bad decisions, has terrible ball placement, and is inaccurate.

I have never, ever seen a running QB who played one year of college football, have a losing record, barely completely over 50% of his passes, get into the pros and become a good passing QB.  No Josh Allen didn't play one year of college football. Sorry.  I have been a Colts fan since they were in Baltimore.  I love the Colts.  But I am not going to drink the Kool-Aid and just because the guy was a high pick, cheer about how good he is.  If Sam Ehlinger had that same performance, we would probably say he should be 3rd string.   It was a wasted pick, he is going to be a terrible failure as an ACCURATE, GOOD DECISIONS NFL QB, and I will look back at this 2-3 years from now when they have to clean house as him being what finally took it down.  It is too bad, because I think Ballard is a good GM and I think Steichen could be a good coach.  Gardner Minshew is clearly as better all around NFL QB than Richardson, but Irsay won't allow that to happen.  Sad.

Oh well, Art Schlichter needs company as a bust #1 QB pick for the Colts :)  Richardson will never come close to be anywhere near Jeff George's overall career.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I find it so funny how everyone is going out of their way to elevate this guy and his play.  Venturi raps up game by saying how impressed he was wtih Richadson. ha  What a joke. You mean the guy who threw a terrible interception and threw a number of balls either too high or off target?  Sorry, just because we spend the number 4 pick on a QB and HOPE he becomes good doesn't make him good.  He is and will always be what she showed in college. Which is he has great athletic skills.  But he makes bad decisions, has terrible ball placement, and is inaccurate.

I have never, ever seen a running QB who played one year of college football, have a losing record, barely completely over 50% of his passes, get into the pros and become a good passing QB.  No Josh Allen didn't play one year of college football. Sorry.  I have been a Colts fan since they were in Baltimore.  I love the Colts.  But I am not going to drink the Kool-Aid and just because the guy was a high pick, cheer about how good he is.  If Sam Ehlinger had that same performance, we would probably say he should be 3rd string.   It was a wasted pick, he is going to be a terrible failure as an ACCURATE, GOOD DECISIONS NFL QB, and I will look back at this 2-3 years from now when they have to clean house as him being what finally took it down.  It is too bad, because I think Ballard is a good GM and I think Steichen could be a good coach.  Gardner Minshew is clearly as better all around NFL QB than Richardson, but Irsay won't allow that to happen.  Sad.

Oh well, Art Schlichter needs company as a bust #1 QB pick for the Colts :)  Richardson will never come close to be anywhere near Jeff George's overall career.

here-we-go-again-thumb-700x350-197387.gi

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

You mean people who know the game better than you can't be right about this huh?  Your take is pretty bad but hey everyone has a right to their own view. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lennymoore, you're judging a guy on one quarter play? I thought he looked good in his debut. Of course he made mistakes and will continue to do so at times. He threw some nice passes and they could have scored after he rushed near the goal line if it weren't for the penalty.  Give Richardson a chance! 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Shive said:

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

This feels less like "Richardson is bad" and more like "I don't like Richardson and I'm using the few negatives of the one quarter of his first NFL action to cement my position". He didn't look anywhere near as bad as you've made him out to have been. He had the INT and a couple of incompletions, but he also had a gorgeous would-be TD pass dropped by Pierce that literally couldn't have been in a better spot.

Glad to see a preview of what to expect from you this season.

My thought exactly!! It seemed that the writer was waiting for Richardson to show some flaws  to post that he is bad. That seemed more like a rant than a well-reasoned thought. 

• Like 6

Just now, NFLfan said:

My thought exactly!! He was waiting for him to show some flaws for him  to post that he is bad. That seemed more like a rant than a well-reasoned thought. 

I'm honestly not convinced that OP actually watched the game.

• Like 5

I have been silent for a long time and with good reason. I, for one, did not want Richardson. With that said, I think he might just be okay or better... EVENTUALLY. 

What is going to hurt him IMHO is our receivers. Downs is legit and should be starting over Mackensie. Pittman and Pierce, absolutely not.  <these two are WR2b and WR3.

We have been voided of true receiver talent for a long time. We NEED receivers in a bad way.

Colts need to let Pittman get paid elsewhere and in a couple years Pierce can move on too.

These two will have flashes from time to time but never consistent enough to actually matter. It wasn't just lack of QB play as Nuk never had a QB for years b4 Watson and was putting up mad numbers as one example. Stop giving these JAGS a pass. They cannot gain separation most times and that's the problem and if it's not them, it's the scheme because we all remember when manning was here, and every receiver and TE were ALWAYS open. These guys are just not. 

Granson and Downs shined today for me, along with my boy DJ. Jackson is legit. Free Deon..Ha!!

The drop by Pierce is inexcusable. 

I won't be posting much or commenting as I personally want to see this pan out and hope AR can grow and become what everyone should want.

Hopefully, we can secure a top two pick next year because we need Marv Jr in the worst way but AZ holds the Texans #1 too so it might not be attainable3.

Anyway, accuracy does need to be improved, duh, but overall, I thought AR was fine.

Go Colts!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Colts are going to be bad. Richardson is going to be bad (atleast for awhile). Hopefully they show some signs of progress at some point this season.

I think it’s possible for Richardson to look really good and really bad at the same time. We just need enough flashes we know he is the future. Gosh is to get him ready for 25 so we can start strong.

He had a couple of overthrows that got away from him on short routes but that’s to be expected, he was hardly going to fix all his flaws in his rookie offseason.

The aim is to show improvement this season then go out and get him a true WR1 this offseason through a top 10 pick in  the draft or go out and trade for one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Did any of these rookie QB light it up so far?  The expectations some of you have, especially when you were told from the jump that it's not about what he is today and more about what he can become.   I liked just about everything I saw from him other than the interception and him still needing to work on his touch and ball placement.  Im wondering how the OP felt when Andrew Luck kept sailing balls high at different points of his rookie season? I definitely didn't walk away from this contest thinking he couldn't get better as we move along. 

Nope 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So you’re judging a kid off of 12 snaps? Claiming he’s bad. Geez dude. I know he is a project and may very well bust but at least give the kid a shot.

@2006Coltsbestever told you people would start claiming AR was a bust after 1 snap…

To be fair I thought he wouldn’t pan out before the first snap. Didn’t watch the game bc I was working but was wondering how he looked.  I fully expect him to struggle and we won’t know how good he is for 1-2yrs. I don’t think he works out but I also don’t think most QBs work out.  Still going to wait and see what happens. 

19 minutes ago, Kemisk said:

-Richardson: 7/12 for 67 yards, 1 INT 

Levis: 5/7 for 50 yards, 2 sacks + 6 rush yds

CJ Stroud: 2/4 passing for 13 yards, 1 INT, 1 sack + 6 rush yds

Bryce Young: 4/6 passing for 21 yards.

It’s almost like they are all rookies and need some time before we claim anything.

I watched the Titans at Bears game.  Levis was 9-14 for 85 yards, 1 INT, 4 sacks. 6 rush yards.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401548411

Edited by NFLfan
Added the link to the boxscore
  • Like 7

I mean, I think that drafting a Qb on athleticism and potential at #4 is a clear over draft, but he seems to have performed exactly how it was expected, with maybe some unexpected praise for poise and composure.  I think poise and composure goes a long way at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1